Stock Rooted Odex/Deodex

Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do on your device. I left this stock to provide a base for anybody that wants to use it. Mod this rom how you want. Just please remember to give credit where credit is due.

This is a pure stock rooted rom. It has items like busybox, init.d support and so forth. No apps were added or removed. Both Odexed and Deodexed versions below.

This is using stock unmodified kernel from HTC. Kernel source can be grabbed from HTCDev

Downloads

Last edited:

deviantus

Nov 20, 2008
Lviv, Ukraine
Thank you for reply. Downloading it now. Then I'll do SIM unlock.
P.S. I hope we will see some custom ROM's (even kernels, huh) soon. I've got my HTC First for $190 on eBay and it's real bargain. Best 4.3" phone for that price on market.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
seems with the deo rom if u uninstall a few system apps such ass some of the play apps it reappears after reboot hmm

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium

Yes that's due to system protection in the kernel. Can't fix it till HTC releases kernel source. If you want to remove something you have to do it in recovery

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Reactions: chapter007

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
Yes that's due to system protection in the kernel. Can't fix it till HTC releases kernel source. If you want to remove something you have to do it in recovery

sounds good im just learning, this is my first htc device always been with Samsung so some of this stuff is new

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Huh. Lost root somehow. I'm running the odexed rom, since I wanted to install over the stock rom that shipped with it. Flashing SuperSU from recovery's not working to get root back. Ideas?

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
Huh. Lost root somehow. I'm running the odexed rom, since I wanted to install over the stock rom that shipped with it. Flashing SuperSU from recovery's not working to get root back. Ideas?

I flashed the deo over the stock rom no problems... I even uninstalled supersu so i could flash superuser since in my opinion its a better superuser of the 2... updated binaries and was good to go

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I flashed the deo over the stock rom no problems... I even uninstalled supersu so i could flash superuser since in my opinion its a better superuser of the 2... updated binaries and was good to go

Well, I had root no problem after flashing the odexed rom until today. Bizarre. Maybe I'll just reflash the rom over and see if that fixes it.

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Has anyone that flashed 1.08 either manually or via actual OTA lost LED function? Like doesn't show for charging or notifications?

EDIT: nvm. They put an option to turn it on and off in display settings

That option was there before too, but it reset it to "off" after updating. It's off by default in the shipped rom too, for some odd reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do on your device. I left this stock to provide a base for anybody that wants to use it. Mod this rom how you want. Just please remember to give credit where credit is due.

This is a pure stock rooted rom. It has items like busybox, init.d support and so forth. No apps were added or removed. Both Odexed and Deodexed versions below.

This is using stock unmodified kernel from HTC. Kernel source can be grabbed from HTCDev

Downloads
    That wiper app FC is an error on my part. I should have deleted that apk before uploading. But since I now have ruu for the latest firmware I am going to rebase the stock ROMs off that vice a patched dump.
    Has anyone flashed 1.08.502.4 ? I tried both Odex and Deodex, after boot, I get the following error message: "Unfortunately, the wiper app has stopped."
    1.08.502.1 is working fine.

Please redownload. I fixed that issue

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    seems with the deo rom if u uninstall a few system apps such ass some of the play apps it reappears after reboot hmm

That option was there before too, but it reset it to "off" after updating. It's off by default in the shipped rom too, for some odd reason.

Yeah it was kinda annoying me. I just happened to come across it. Lol

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone