Stock Rooted Odex/Deodex

Search This thread

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW
Interestingly, I now have a DeOdex ROM installed (via CWM). Then flashed back to TWRP Recovery. Now TWRP backups are stored in /sdcard/0/TWRP/BACKUPS where in the Odex ROM they were stored in /sdcard/TWRP/.
I don't see any place in TWRP to define the storage folder. Anyone have an idea why this happens?
--Larry

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Interestingly, I now have a DeOdex ROM installed (via CWM). Then flashed back to TWRP Recovery. Now TWRP backups are stored in /sdcard/0/TWRP/BACKUPS where in the Odex ROM they were stored in /sdcard/TWRP/.
I don't see any place in TWRP to define the storage folder. Anyone have an idea why this happens?
--Larry

Delete the file /sdcard/TWRP/.twrps

Sent from my manta using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: amphi66

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW

Teriffic. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

And one more question: What is small center button in TWRP? Seems to hang showing "Refreshing partition details". --Larry

amphi66

Dec 17, 2010
PacNW
Flashed the ROM but can't get titanium backup to work

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium
Do you get an error?
Make sure your TitaniumBackup folder (w/ program data) is on the sdcard. If installation of the apk created a TB folder, just delete it and replace it with yours. Goodluck.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
What's the main dif. Between the 05 and 08 roms

Updated version. Honestly i dont know the changes from 1.05

I flashed your v1.08 Deodexed Rom a week or so ago and other than needing CWM versus TWRP it installed and runs (rooted) just fine. What was the "fix"?

Fix was needed for ROM to flash in twrp. If you flashed in cwm just fine then there is no reason to reflash

Reactions: amphi66

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do on your device. I left this stock to provide a base for anybody that wants to use it. Mod this rom how you want. Just please remember to give credit where credit is due.

This is a pure stock rooted rom. It has items like busybox, init.d support and so forth. No apps were added or removed. Both Odexed and Deodexed versions below.

This is using stock unmodified kernel from HTC. Kernel source can be grabbed from HTCDev

Downloads
    That wiper app FC is an error on my part. I should have deleted that apk before uploading. But since I now have ruu for the latest firmware I am going to rebase the stock ROMs off that vice a patched dump.
    Has anyone flashed 1.08.502.4 ? I tried both Odex and Deodex, after boot, I get the following error message: "Unfortunately, the wiper app has stopped."
    1.08.502.1 is working fine.

Please redownload. I fixed that issue

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    seems with the deo rom if u uninstall a few system apps such ass some of the play apps it reappears after reboot hmm

Yes that's due to system protection in the kernel. Can't fix it till HTC releases kernel source. If you want to remove something you have to do it in recovery

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
    That option was there before too, but it reset it to "off" after updating. It's off by default in the shipped rom too, for some odd reason.

Yeah it was kinda annoying me. I just happened to come across it. Lol

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone