[STOCK]Sprint One boot.img and recovery.img

Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Dumped with help from Dees_Troy, while we work on recovery :) I removed all the extra crap from both .img's that you get when you dump it from the phone.

Boot - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22909751817929742

Recovery - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=22909751817929743

You need to have the platform-tools folder from the SDK and HTC Drivers installed!

How to Flash
  • Reboot to bootloader
  • For boot: fastboot flash boot Sprint_One_stock_boot.img
  • For recovery: fastboot flash recovery Sprint_One_recovery_boot.img

misfit0313

Jan 25, 2010
Merrill, WI
Nothing constructive to add, but I just wanted to say thanks for busting your ass on the One. Its only been a couple hours and you're already haxing, that's dedication.

See you all in #htc-one-sprint at freenode.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Nothing constructive to add, but I just wanted to say thanks for busting your ass on the One. Its only been a couple hours and you're already haxing, that's dedication.

See you all in #htc-one-sprint at freenode.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Hey Viper!

You going to be devving for the Sprint One??

Great to see you here Viper

Thanks guys, yes I will be here. I don't just drop a ton of work and leave like others do ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Would you mind sharing how you were able to dump these without root? Did you just dd a bunch.of.times and hope for the best? :D

I gained root via a rooted boot.img from the Intl One. Dees_Troy helped with that. It wouldn't stay booted for more than a minute without crashing, but it was enough time to dump our boot.img :)

Reactions: Aldo101t and CNexus

orthonovum

Jul 11, 2010
Thanks! I always like to have a stock recovery handy so I can do the OTAs then reroot/reflash custom

one question tho.. is this the recovery from the launch FW or the OTA FW? does it matter?

thanks again dudes!

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Thanks! I always like to have a stock recovery handy so I can do the OTAs then reroot/reflash custom

one question tho.. is this the recovery from the launch FW or the OTA FW? does it matter?

thanks again dudes!

Launch firmware. I don't think they updated recovery on ota.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

upowersystems

Oct 2, 2013
best update option?

Dumped with help from Dees_Troy, while we work on recovery :) I removed all the extra crap from both .img's that you get when you dump it from the phone.

You need to have the platform-tools folder from the SDK and HTC Drivers installed!

How to Flash
  • Reboot to bootloader

Sprint HTC One Stock 1.29 ROM looking to OTA a couple times to 4.3 Jellybean. I am rooted, S-off, locked. Do I need to unroot before update? Or can I simply re flash to stock recovery then update. Can't seem to find a way to flash the OTA with twerp.
More importantly Should we OTA or just flash a ROM based off the updates? Then Just wait for the next update flash-able ROM(4.3 jellybean)?
Thanks Hope to hear some responses on this. Patiently waiting to do it right. Thanks to all the developers. Have had a pleasant experience here!

Last edited:

upowersystems

Oct 2, 2013
OTA Updates vs Flashable Rom's

thanks again dudes!

How do you do your OTA. Do yo OTA or use the flash-able ones found here on the site? I am stock 1.29, rooted, S-off, locked. I think I can just flash the stock recovery and update via OTA's? There are two for me to get. Have been waiting for answers here on the site before I proceed. So far no answers to this question...What is the best way to upgrade? Revert the recovery to stock or download and flash a rom? Thanks

orthonovum

Jul 11, 2010
How do you do your OTA. Do yo OTA or use the flash-able ones found here on the site? I am stock 1.29, rooted, S-off, locked. I think I can just flash the stock recovery and update via OTA's? There are two for me to get. Have been waiting for answers here on the site before I proceed. So far no answers to this question...What is the best way to upgrade? Revert the recovery to stock or download and flash a rom? Thanks

I just flash the stock recovery then take the OTA then reflash TWRP and reroot. This only works if you:

1. dont make any changes to your rom (/system/app) (if you do just revert them if you can)
2. helps if you are s-off and unlocked bootloader so you dont have issues re-rooting

Reactions: upowersystems

javed91214

Feb 4, 2011
Nagpur
www.androidpolice.com

How to Flash
  • Reboot to bootloader

For recovery - cmnd should be this : fastboot flash recovery Sprint_One_stock_recovery.img
& its working fine , doing 4.3 OTA Update.

Thanks for sharing recovery img.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone