• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[STOCK] Stock Backups/Images/OTAs

Search This thread

Ankylo'sburner

Mar 13, 2021
If someone could download and reupload please these wont be here very long due to space.

gen1 with keyboard MT8163_ONN_Gen1 :

Gen2 without keyboard MT8168_ONN_Gen2_100011886:

Full backups

gen1 has magisk and twrp on it

gen 2 has oem and dev debug on only , aug patch level

correct preload bin and scatter files included

Thanks
You wouldn't happen to know of a backup for the gen2 100011885 8 inch, would you?
My tab's currently bricked (hard) and I am desperate for a working backup with the scatter file and preloader..

If someone could download and reupload please these wont be here very long due to space.

gen1 with keyboard MT8163_ONN_Gen1 :

Gen2 without keyboard MT8168_ONN_Gen2_100011886:

Full backups

gen1 has magisk and twrp on it

gen 2 has oem and dev debug on only , aug patch level

correct preload bin and scatter files included

Thanks
Downloaded and uploaded to my Mediafire account. Both in same folder. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyv40qvb98hu7/Onn_Tablets. @NFSP G35 if you want to add them to OP let me know if I need to link them seperately.

will160628

Jul 12, 2010
i need stock for mt8168 100011885, ive been all over and maybe im just not finding it? my buddy bought a returns box from walmart and this tablet is asking for the previous user's gmail info even after several hard resets, any help would be great!
This may sound strange but you should be able to pull a backup with SP Tool and WWR MTK. In WWR there is an option to create a blank FRP file which would fix your issue if you load that FRP.img file in fastboot or SP Tool. The option you want in WWR is "Collect Firmware for hard reset" under Assemble Hardware under the Auto mode tab. I think I have one of those tablets around here somewhere. It had some battery issues so I kind of laid it somewhere and forgot about it. If I can find it, I'll try to pull a blank file for you. It's not terribly hard to pull a backup on mediatek devices if you want to try it yourself. There are numerous youtube videos about using SP Tool.

Sorry I don't have the tablet in front of me to give you the file and exact commands.

will160628

Jul 12, 2010
I kind of got distracted playing with a 15" type C monitor on my phone so I haven't messed with my tablets much lately. I saw an update when I turned on my 10" pro the other day so I pulled a backup and it's uploading now. The update.zip file for 3-3-2021 is also in that folder with the backup. I imagine the 8" Pro likely had an update too. I'll try to get ahold of my mom's tab and pull those files soon.

ahmadlokito

Dec 10, 2020
Thank you all for all the work in putting this together cause of it was able to unbrick my onn table 100005206 but can't unbrick onn 100015685-a link on that forum is dead

TULOA

Oct 7, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I was curious if anyone knows the steps for pulling the image from a 100003561 8" onn tablet?

Looks like there was an update from the one on here and I dont mind pulling it and hosting it somewhere but I dont know how and cant find a guide so far.

I was curious if anyone knows the steps for pulling the image from a 100003561 8" onn tablet?

Looks like there was an update from the one on here and I dont mind pulling it and hosting it somewhere but I dont know how and cant find a guide so far.
Been a while since I've messed with an Onn Tablet, but do they no longer store the OTA on the sd card prior to installing ? Used to be able to postpone the update after it downloaded and just copy the OTA.zip from the updater app folder. OTA had all that was needed to unbrick without need of pulling firmware. Have no idea what the new ones are like, but should still be able to just grab ota before post-install deletion.

edit: have to get someone to grab ota before it installs

TULOA

Oct 7, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I am not sure if it came this way or not. But I suppose this means that I cant get it myself then.

Dang lol.

Do you suspect there would be a difference in the boot.img files from an earlier update? I am basically trying to get root and if they shouldnt be different then I could use one from the end of last year.

I am not sure if it came this way or not. But I suppose this means that I cant get it myself then.

Dang lol.

Do you suspect there would be a difference in the boot.img files from an earlier update? I am basically trying to get root and if they shouldnt be different then I could use one from the end of last year.
Man on the first gen tablets I kept the very first update and would unbrick with that rolling it back and then letting it update again. I would use an older one if I were trying it. If boot has changed to the point of not working then roll it all back if you have access to a full ota. Remember all my experience was with first gen models, I honestly couldn't count the number of times I had to unbrick. Must have been somewhere close to a Metric ButtLoad of flash files. Yeah, I would try an earlier version, but that's just me, a recovering flash-aholic.

The first gens would or did at one point change partition sizes for different partitions. Boot could definitely change or could very well be exactly as it was in earlier version. Would be best to work with full ota if you can.

Yeah I used its scatter and files and its working again. And I can now get the update and then I will share the files to mega or something and link them in the firmwares page.

Edit: I used the How to flash section of this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-walmart-tablet.3945284/page-10#post-80574967
I also had to use version 5.2104 of sp flash for it to work.
Glad you got it, I figured it would work, there is a full dump of the 10" ...3562. I would imagine it would work on your ..3561 with an edit or two. For emergency use only that is. I'm talking about rescue of a dead brick. And would of course use diffoscope or at least cmp to find differences. Now that I've said that, which was too much, don't do it. Never flash any files that are not for your device, firmware files for a different device, no matter how similar almost always ends badly.

From looking at updater.script I would also avoid altering anything with system, metadata, product or vendor, those are dynamic partitions. May be that I would only flash them with ultraflash enabled and with super.img. I am only talking about brick recovery if needed in future. Never flash incorrect anything to your device.

Yeah caffienepizza had the only guide that I was ever able to use to make spft work. I don't use it if possible, I have other service tools and paid software so I don't have to use it. I despise it.

TULOA

Oct 7, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Yeah. I was hoping to get magisk on here but sadly it looks like when I patch the boot.img from the firmware and send it back then flash it with fastboot even with all unlocked it bootloops.

I will have to keep digging to see what I am missing to get this to work. Now that I am on the same version as this backup and I have the scatter and all that I should be able to get this at some point lol.

Yeah. I was hoping to get magisk on here but sadly it looks like when I patch the boot.img from the firmware and send it back then flash it with fastboot even with all unlocked it bootloops.

I will have to keep digging to see what I am missing to get this to work. Now that I am on the same version as this backup and I have the scatter and all that I should be able to get this at some point lol.
When you patch image with magisk, does it show ramdisk yes or no ? If it says no then it needs to patch recovery instead of boot.

TULOA

Oct 7, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Ramdisk does say yes.

I am going to try a few lines to disabled integrity checks and see if it helps. I forgot about them.

Edit: Also finally got the update prompt and I have delayed it. But it seems they are not storing the data to the normal /sdcard/android/data/<appname>/files area.

I dont remember its full app name as I had to shut it off to ensure it doesnt update. The scatter shouldnt change though right? Couldnt I back it up with that scatter file from before after the update?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since these tablets don't have an external online resource for downloading system updates, only a sketchy OTA app (com.adups.fota) I'm collecting a library of OTAs, as well as boot/recovery/system images.

I have access to a 10.1 with keyboard (ONA19TB007) and without (ONA19TB003) that I can pull updates and images from, but I do not have access to the 8" (ONA19TB002) or newer 7" tablet. Any assistance with those two would be welcomed :good:

Onn 10.1" without keyboard - ONA19TB003

Stock Images
    May 2019

Onn 10.1" with keyboard - ONA19TB007

Onn 8" - ONA19TB002

Stock Images
    November 2019
    May 2019

Onn 7" Surf - 100005206

OTA
    Stock Images
    October 2019
    June 2019
    Hey @NFSP G35 I assume you would want the onn pro stock firmware for the OP, if not let me know i'll make one specific to the onn pro. I picked up an onn pro 8 inch and I can confirm that like the older onn its fully unlockable, and sp flash works without a DA/Auth file. So I have generated a scatter file for it and dumped the firmware. I have done the shipping OS as well as the 3/5/2020 update. I was not able to get the ota link because I have not rooted my device so I can't grab the prefs xml, and there was nothing in logcat. Feel free to mirror these if desired.

Note: The SOC is classified as mt6765 instead of mt8768 due to sp flash not currently supporting mt8768. The reason i picked mt6765 is that it seems the mt8768 soc is based on that because almost everywhere in the system it's mt6765.

Scatter file by itself
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MH9jr7Ki5cagB0uT8368bxaH7rCNDGn_

Shipping Firmware
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WwEhXFuvmXugBxjpesgP8X0s9lpZ2m7k

3/5/2020 Firmware
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lHcyyv9-LKEwKSUvC1tG-Hn-RCCLu-cg

In case anyone wants to poke through the files without downloading it I have also dumped both firmware versions here (There are 2 branches)
    https://github.com/AndroidDumps/onn_mid8011_dump
    Here is the stock shipping firmware for the Onn 7 Surf build date Jun 10th, Security date of May 5th
    Here

As well as the stock firmware for the October 23rd build, Security date of August 5th
    Here

I generated these from my device that I picked up on black friday I'll be working on twrp next. But to echo what others have said this device is not in the same family as the other onn tablets. It's made by a different manufacturer with a different CPU. It's also pretty bad all around it lags a lot with basic tasks I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who is planning to seriously use it. It looks/feels like a trap for the elderly to get their grandkids a tablet for Christmas.

Would you please add it to the OP @NFSP G35
    You're welcome to reference my thread and post a link to my server with the x003 and x002 stock images. SP Flash Tools is needed.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80574967&postcount=192
    https://www.nathanbar.net/files/android

I plan on making a proper thread, perhaps this weekend, on how to backup with Wwr, and flash with SP Tools. I will try to upload updated images from the newest OTA.
    I may even make a blog post with photos on my site.
    Since these tablets don't have an external online resource for downloading system updates, only a sketchy OTA app (com.adups.fota) I'm collecting a library of OTAs, as well as boot/recovery/system images.

I discovered that running the following command
    Code:
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.adups.fota.sysoper && pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.adups.fota
    withing adb shell will disable the over the air updates.

I do not know if there is any truth to this, but Malwarebytes has an article on this, claiming that the software can be used to collect user data so I chose to disable it.