[STOCK] system and boot flashable images KGW42N

Search This thread

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
These are the boot and system images as dumped from my moto360. They can be useful for returning to stock if something goes wrong with your device. As far as I can tell, they're good, and I have tested them in my device, but I'm not responsible if they break your device or anything else. Use them at your own risk.

They can be flashed from fastboot.

- turn off the watch
- press and hold the power button until you feel the third vibration, display will show "Bootloader version..."
- connect the jig to your watch and secure it so it will not move accidentally.
- connect the USB cable to your computer. Displaty will show "Transfer mode: USB Connected..."
- Launch a terminal session in your computer and issue the commands:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot reboot

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxTLcy78OveNWDI4d1IyZHY4RUU&usp=sharing

Code:
boot.img  md5:  f1837f04639b9372191387632d8bf537
system.img md5:  64d028f8dc800b8ca0c716c2feacc837

Big thank you to jcase and beaups, it wouldn't have been possible without their help!

Enjoy.

To encourage more research and developments, use the donate button on the right! thanks!

Last edited:

neilrl79

Aug 15, 2010
Maryland
@dproldan do you have the MD5s for those files? Google Drive doesn't seem to show them and i just want to be sure the downloads are good before I go messing with stuff.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
These are the boot and system images as dumped from my moto360. They can be useful for returning to stock if something goes wrong with your device. As far as I can tell, they're good, and I have tested them in my device, but I'm not responsible if they break your device or anything else. Use them at your own risk.

- turn off the watch
- press and hold the power button until you feel the third vibration, display will show "Bootloader version..."
- connect the USB cable to your computer. Displaty will show "Transfer mode: USB Connected..."
Code:
fastboot reboot

Code:

Big thank you to jcase and beaups, it wouldn't have been possible without their help!

Enjoy.

Hey Bro, can you pull the recovery.img from the device? I want to begin work on CWMT/TWRP, but I need the recovery.img. I'm getting the watch tomorrow, and I want to have a build of TWRP ready for it :)

EDIT: Appears I also need a recovery.fstab for this device.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Already done, I worked with @dproldan and gave him a set. Since I dont have the watch, I am leaving it up to him to publish them, or not

Got a question for you. I know that according to the instructions in the Bootable rooted image thread, it says just to "fastboot boot boot.img" and that will root the device... why does that root the device/why wouldn't you flash it? If you just boot it, won't you loose it on reboot?

Also, I know that there was some hubbub about the fact that you can "fastboot boot" a kernel without an unlocked BL, does that mean that we can use the rooted boot.img without unlocking our BL?

Thanks a billion,

Last edited:

Tomsgt

- turn off the watch
Code:
fastboot reboot

Code:

Enjoy.

To encourage more research and developments, use the donate button on the right! thanks!
has anyone tested these images on there device yet or have they just been pulled and posted?

beats4x

Oct 6, 2012
i tried to flash these today, got FAILED bad file descriptor. now my moto 360 won't boot ): haha, time to try and fix this thing

edit: got it to flash, but it boots into the android laying on it's back with the red exclamation point. any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Tomsgt

i tried to flash these today, got FAILED bad file descriptor. now my moto 360 won't boot ): haha, time to try and fix this thing

edit: got it to flash, but it boots into the android laying on it's back with the red exclamation point. any help would be appreciated
You have to use the mfastboot.exe to flash system.IMG to this device or you will end up in a recovery bootloop. Also try using my tool linked 2 post above.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

I am trying to root my moto360 but it gets stuck on downloading boot.img . Any solutions?
Make sure the moto 360 has at least 80% battery before flashing.

Reactions: beats4x

beats4x

Oct 6, 2012
come over to #moto360 on freenode ( you can use http://webchat.freenode.net/) and we'll see what happened.

thanks, i will definitely stop by if i need to in the future

You have to use the mfastboot.exe to flash system.IMG to this device or you will end up in a recovery bootloop. Also try using my tool linked 2 post above.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Your tool got it up and running for me. thank you so much dude! much appreciated. as i love learning the why behind the how, how come it causes a bootloop unless you use that specific variant of fastboot? is mfastboot a motorola variant of fastboot that's needed with their boot.img's?

i've had nexus, htc, and lg devices before, so this is my first run with motorola.

Tomsgt

Your tool got it up and running for me. thank you so much dude! much appreciated. as i love learning the why behind the how, how come it causes a bootloop unless you use that specific variant of fastboot? is mfastboot a motorola variant of fastboot that's needed with their boot.img's?

i've had nexus, htc, and lg devices before, so this is my first run with motorola.
Yes it is a Motorola fastboot file. The normal fastboot.exe is limited a certain size. The moto fastboot let's you flash bigger images its more or less a upgraded fastboot file.

beats4x

Oct 6, 2012
Yes it is a Motorola fastboot file. The normal fastboot.exe is limited a certain size. The moto fastboot let's you flash bigger images its more or less a upgraded fastboot file.

forsure, makes since. If i move mfastboot to my adb/fastboot directory, and use mfastboot commands, will that work? I prefer not to use toolkits when i don't have to (not that i'm not thankful for yours, it rescued my device lol)

Tomsgt

forsure, makes since. If i move mfastboot to my adb/fastboot directory, and use mfastboot commands, will that work? I prefer not to use toolkits when i don't have to (not that i'm not thankful for yours, it rescued my device lol)
Yes that should work just fine. I also like the manual commands but for the noons I make these fun super tools :)

Reactions: beats4x

vincenzo697

Sep 1, 2010
kozani
HTC One X
HTC One (m7)

I tried with fully charged battery and still it gets stuck on downloading boot.img I follow exactly the tutorial and everything on my Moro360 is the same as the video until it sticks on the downloading boot.img

Tomsgt

Reactions: BerndHhn

Ruddysao

Dec 23, 2012

- turn off the watch
Code:
fastboot reboot

Code:

Enjoy.

im havving this problem, any advice??

sending 'boot' (16384 KB)...
FAILED (remote: unsupported command)
finished. total time: 0.006s
same with system
sending 'system' (49152 KB)...
FAILED (remote: unsupported command)
finished. total time: 0.006s

help please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is @jcase working on a rooted boot image at this time?

Sent from my XT1049 using XDA Free mobile app

Already done, I worked with @dproldan and gave him a set. Since I dont have the watch, I am leaving it up to him to publish them, or not

- turn off the watch
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Code:

Enjoy.

has anyone tested these images on there device yet or have they just been pulled and posted?

came up with a little something :) http://www.rootjunky.com/motorola-moto-360-super-tool/ will make a post on this when i get some time.

come over to #moto360 on freenode ( you can use http://webchat.freenode.net/) and we'll see what happened.