• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General Stock vs XiaomiEU smoothness experience.

XiaomiEU

• Total voters
Search This thread

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
Guys i recently jumped from stock Chinese to XiaomiEU. I noticed that the phone became laggy with animation.

This thread for those people who actually tried both choices (stock/XiaomiEU stable/beta)

Besides animation with micro lags on opening apps (a specially if they closed in recently menu) there is other weird stuff, example YouTube started to lags in scrolling. Google keyboard sometimes comes up late. Phone after restarting laggy first 2-3 min.

I switched back to full Chinese stock and im shocked how quick and smooth this phone is !

Please share your statistics if you switch from XiaomiEU back to stock.
In my opinion (with full respect to developer) stock debloted root it rom with adaway bringing you a Pixel smoothness... however I can't say similar about EU rom...

Regards

Last edited:

Jbdub17712

Apr 5, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes I noticed it's not as smooth as well like not 120 fps all the time while navigating. Also noticed the YouTube scroll lag. If you turn on show fps in developer settings when you load up the YouTube app it drops to 60 fps only.

Reactions: avetny

kuba319

Mar 6, 2012
I noted the same thing, but it's not that big of a difference. I also have a question if your main screen starts lagging when you wake up the rear screen?

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
I noted the same thing, but it's not that big of a difference. I also have a question if your main screen starts lagging when you wake up the rear screen?
There is no lagg anywhere on stock Chinese.
But i know why your phone is lagging when u activating rear screen and phone sleeping.

Disable this.

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_155006.jpg
    IMG_20210509_155006.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20210509_154953.jpg
    IMG_20210509_154953.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: kuba319

pafc66

Oct 13, 2014
Definitely download getapps as your system apps won't update without it. The EU rom should be coming with it, it shouldn't be deleted it's imperative.

Reactions: avetny

yektao

May 5, 2021
Yesterday, I manage to complete the task of intsalling xiaomi.eu ROM. At first it felt slow but looks like I was spoiled by 120hz on Chinese version. After changing back 120hz, it feels much better.
I will not vote yet as I am stil catching with my apps and awaiting first stable update to see the update process before making any decisions.

All in all, the main reason for this change was android auto for me. I tested and working which makes all this hassle worth for me. I will revert in due course about the smoothness...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am planing to move to xiaomi.eu as I use android auto most of the times. But the above comments lead me to think twice..

I might keep my CN rom..
    Definitely download getapps as your system apps won't update without it. The EU rom should be coming with it, it shouldn't be deleted it's imperative.
    I just finished installing but do not have getapps..time to Google it..
    Yes I noticed it's not as smooth as well like not 120 fps all the time while navigating. Also noticed the YouTube scroll lag. If you turn on show fps in developer settings when you load up the YouTube app it drops to 60 fps only.
    There is no lagg anywhere on stock Chinese.
    But i know why your phone is lagging when u activating rear screen and phone sleeping.

Disable this.
    Did you fix your lag disabling notifications on rear screen?
    I don't have that problem at all.
    But my notification access is disabled.
    Also make sure you updating your apps via GetApps