Storage shortage driving me crazy, what to do?

Search This thread

Matth79

Jul 5, 2015
London
What with the Huawei bloat and the obligatory google bloat (well, for the things I use), very little space left for other apps.

This is Oreo, and no adoptable - it didn't preserve when updated

The "go here to unlock" is no more, so what are the options to either get adoptable working as it is, or maybe a lighter and more configurable ROM - and how to get around things that won't run on rooted.

Or do i give up the fight, battery has been replaced once already, and has now fallen to being likely to need a topup without going a day ... maybe I should be asking for recommendations in a similar budget category instead

Reactions: Momin8454

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Give it up and upgrade. Oreo is a vulnerable OS*.
Go with something running on Pie.
Q has issues and 11 is lame rabid dog of an OS.

Use the SD card as a data drive only, this is a valuable function.
Using as extended memory is not; it's brigde and the SD card it's self are too slow to run apps from. It's slows down the whole device when you do this and sets you up for crashes... no one wants boot loops for breakfast🤣

*ie the immortal rootkits that require a reflash to purge. Pie and above are immune to this little nasty.

Momin8454

Oct 22, 2019
Redmi Note 8
What with the Huawei bloat and the obligatory google bloat (well, for the things I use), very little space left for other apps.

The "go here to unlock" is no more, so what are the options to either get adoptable working as it is, or maybe a lighter and more configurable ROM - and how to get around things that won't run on rooted.

Or do i give up the fight, battery has been replaced once already, and has now fallen to being likely to need a topup without going a day ... maybe I should be asking for recommendations in a similar budget category instead
I'm on Lineage OS18.1 by DarkJoker360. You can try XinternalSD Xposed module, I use it and works fine to me. For this you need Riru Core magisk module + riru Lsposed and then XinternalSD will work.

t00namix

Oct 2, 2013
I'm on Lineage OS18.1 by DarkJoker360. You can try XinternalSD Xposed module, I use it and works fine to me. For this you need Riru Core magisk module + riru Lsposed and then XinternalSD will work.
Could u link a guide to do it (XinternalSD Xposed module)... obviously I need to unlock my phone, right? (Is it "secure" paying dc unlocker?) Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.