• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

StormBreaker Kernel [4.9.x] [Vince] [Q]

Search This thread

misidp

Mar 31, 2021
@iamsaalim ,
dev any chance you add support for "battery idle mode" or "bypass charging" so we can enhance/extend the battery life? using magisk module acc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-160541710.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-160541710.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 17

iamsaalim

@iamsaalim ,
dev any chance you add support for "battery idle mode" or "bypass charging" so we can enhance/extend the battery life? using magisk module acc.

I don't think so adding extra modules will affect your battery life much.

iamsaalim

@iamsaalim ,

There is nothing like bypass charging which exists, as the current capacity of a battery is the hardware which cannot be extended until you change your battery

misidp

Mar 31, 2021
And as for battery idle, there is deep sleep which will take your system into idle mode after a period when your phone goes off.
dev, thanks for the reply.
sorry for my bad english previous explaination.

i forward some info and other user comment about kernel feature "battery idle mode". hope in the future it can be implemented.

thanks for your time.

-----
eddie1
Sep 26, 2020 at 2:04 PM
Is there anyway way to het this feature
I think it should be a default feature in android in general
The asus rog phone got it officially as "bypass charging" in a new update

In a nutshell the feature allows the phone to use power directly from the charger bypassing the battery altogether this is especially good for gamers and long sessions because u can use the phone without wasting even a fraction of battery life cycle
It can extend battery life a great deal.

After some searching I found out it can be done with a magisk module called advanced charging controller

Any chance we can implement this in a flashable zip or in a rom without the need for rooting?
It is certainly possible since there is kernels that support this for some devices and since it was implemented on the asus rog phone 3 by a software update

.. it's explained in detail here
https://android.stackexchange.com/q...tery-but-use-connected-power-to-run-the-phone

-----
asus roc 3 with bypass charging

some kernel with battery idle mode support

iamsaalim

i forward some info and other user comment about kernel feature "battery idle mode". hope in the future it can be implemented.

thanks for your time.

-----
eddie1

In a nutshell the feature allows the phone to use power directly from the charger bypassing the battery altogether this is especially good for gamers and long sessions because u can use the phone without wasting even a fraction of battery life cycle

After some searching I found out it can be done with a magisk module called advanced charging controller

Any chance we can implement this in a flashable zip or in a rom without the need for rooting?
It is certainly possible since there is kernels that support this for some devices and since it was implemented on the asus rog phone 3 by a software update

https://android.stackexchange.com/q...tery-but-use-connected-power-to-run-the-phone

-----

Well it's a good thing but it have it's own disadvantages

Reactions: misidp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys does this kernel support A11 roms?
    Yes
    Stormbreaker Kernel for redmi note 5 / 5 plus

code:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is... Still valid??.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    • Based on @rama982 sources
    • Upstreamed to 4.9.214
    • Added KCAL support
    • Added sound control
    • Added i/o flops , sio , zen , bfq (default)
    • Added Anxiety I/O
    • Added adreno boosts
    • Added fast charging
    • Updated Anykernel so you don't need to flash magisk again
    • Support both pie and q aosp-based ROMs
    • few here there changes

Download Archive:
    Stormbreaker
    Download latest:
    vince-4.9
    Flashing:
    Flash zip using recovery
    Reboot to system

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stormbreaker Kernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / 5 Plus

Contributors
    saalimsam, starlight5234
    Source Code: https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/vince

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2020-02-15

Created 2020-02-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-08
    Ouu love it, btw can you build 2 version, OC and Non-OC? cozz i got overheat when playing game..
    yea currently many users including me too facing heating issues. Expect a new update soon maybe this week only. I am working on performance.
    Please add lz4 as default zram compression.. And does bfq better than cfq?
    Bfq better than cfq.
    wait a while for lz4 me will update it.

thanks for your time.

-----
    eddie1

-----

Well it's a good thing but it have it's own disadvantages