StormBreaker Kernel [4.9.x] [Vince] [Q]

Search This thread

deksman2

Jan 28, 2011
The developers are still working on vince, so it will not die so soon. 👍👍

I'm starting to wonder if this will happen since people (devs) releasing custom ROM's for Vince always don't seem to optimize them, and the amount of devs who release new stuff for Vince has gone down quite a bit (which is understandable since its an old phone - my Vince is over 3 years old - but hw-wise, its more than capable of running modern software).

I mean, I'd prefer it if we can get a proper A11 with minimal or no UI crashes and optimizations so the OS runs as it should.
It would certainly save me from spending £300 on Xiaomi Mi 10t Lite 5G (which I've been eyeing to buy).

iamsaalim

Recognized Developer
I'm starting to wonder if this will happen since people (devs) releasing custom ROM's for Vince always don't seem to optimize them, and the amount of devs who release new stuff for Vince has gone down quite a bit (which is understandable since its an old phone - my Vince is over 3 years old - but hw-wise, its more than capable of running modern software).

I mean, I'd prefer it if we can get a proper A11 with minimal or no UI crashes and optimizations so the OS runs as it should.
It would certainly save me from spending £300 on Xiaomi Mi 10t Lite 5G (which I've been eyeing to buy).
According to my opinion, it will be better to move on to a newer hardware device.

deksman2

Jan 28, 2011
According to my opinion, it will be better to move on to a newer hardware device.

No doubt, but its also a good practice to update older devices and let them run for as long as possible.
I don't think the 4 GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage (coupled with an octa core CPU) in Vince are outdated by any means. (in fact, they remain more than capable years down the line).

In fact this device could EASILY go for another year for those of us who occasionally game and use the phone for work related stuff.

I think smartphone manufacturers should make more of an effort to upgrade the software for these phones regularly and optimize them accordingly... that way, when it is time for consumers to move to another mobile phone, they are more likely to stick to the manufacturer they know will support their phone for a while.

Plus, 4 year software support ensures less waste - which is actually more important than ever... and its doable for a mobile phone that exceeds new OS requirements.

iamsaalim

Recognized Developer
No doubt, but its also a good practice to update older devices and let them run for as long as possible.
I don't think the 4 GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage (coupled with an octa core CPU) in Vince are outdated by any means. (in fact, they remain more than capable years down the line).

In fact this device could EASILY go for another year for those of us who occasionally game and use the phone for work related stuff.

I think smartphone manufacturers should make more of an effort to upgrade the software for these phones regularly and optimize them accordingly... that way, when it is time for consumers to move to another mobile phone, they are more likely to stick to the manufacturer they know will support their phone for a while.

Plus, 4 year software support ensures less waste - which is actually more important than ever... and its doable for a mobile phone that exceeds new OS requirements.
Well, the device is still living

kearun

Oct 27, 2014
Hello, good core SB241, works on Android 12, but bluetooth does not work((Can you update the core for Android 12 version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stormbreaker Kernel for redmi note 5 / 5 plus

code:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is... Still valid??.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Features:
    • Based on @rama982 sources
    • Upstreamed to 4.9.214
    • Added KCAL support
    • Added sound control
    • Added i/o flops , sio , zen , bfq (default)
    • Added Anxiety I/O
    • Added adreno boosts
    • Added fast charging
    • Updated Anykernel so you don't need to flash magisk again
    • Support both pie and q aosp-based ROMs
    • few here there changes

Download Archive:
    Stormbreaker
    Download latest:
    vince-4.9
    Flashing:
    Flash zip using recovery
    Reboot to system

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stormbreaker Kernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / 5 Plus

Contributors
    saalimsam, starlight5234
    Source Code: https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/vince

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2020-02-15

Created 2020-02-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-08
    Ouu love it, btw can you build 2 version, OC and Non-OC? cozz i got overheat when playing game..
    yea currently many users including me too facing heating issues. Expect a new update soon maybe this week only. I am working on performance.
    Please add lz4 as default zram compression.. And does bfq better than cfq?
    Bfq better than cfq.
    wait a while for lz4 me will update it.
    dev, thanks for the reply.
    sorry for my bad english previous explaination.

i forward some info and other user comment about kernel feature "battery idle mode". hope in the future it can be implemented.

thanks for your time.

-----
    eddie1
    Sep 26, 2020 at 2:04 PM
    Is there anyway way to het this feature
    I think it should be a default feature in android in general
    The asus rog phone got it officially as "bypass charging" in a new update

In a nutshell the feature allows the phone to use power directly from the charger bypassing the battery altogether this is especially good for gamers and long sessions because u can use the phone without wasting even a fraction of battery life cycle
    It can extend battery life a great deal.

After some searching I found out it can be done with a magisk module called advanced charging controller

Any chance we can implement this in a flashable zip or in a rom without the need for rooting?
    It is certainly possible since there is kernels that support this for some devices and since it was implemented on the asus rog phone 3 by a software update

.. it's explained in detail here
    https://android.stackexchange.com/q...tery-but-use-connected-power-to-run-the-phone

-----
    asus roc 3 with bypass charging

some kernel with battery idle mode support
    Well it's a good thing but it have it's own disadvantages