• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Strange change in the settings item

Search This thread

TI028

Apr 29, 2021
Device: OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren Edition 5G (T-Mobile)

Hi all.
Guys, tell me, has anyone had this in the settings?
Screenshot_20211202-003050__01.jpg
Used iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer to transfer chats from my old phone (iPhone) to my new phone (OnePlus) and now the "Google" settings item appears weird.
I think that's how to fix it ... Is it really necessary to restore?
Or after the arrival of the update on Android 12 all should be normal?

the new update today fixed that, but did the same to the setting above it and now i cannot connect to wifi and my sim is not detected.
I've been having that issue as well, since before the update. Freaked me out at first because I rebooted like 20+ times and it still had no IMEI, SIM or WiFi. Finally I decided to reboot it via holding the power button down long enough to force a shutdown that way, upon restarting I had WiFi and mobile service immedately.
Randomly ever since my SIM remains undetected for about 30 seconds and eventually kicks in but WiFi doesn't.
Holding the power button down long enough to force shutdown seems to always fix it for me.
Next time it happens, if it happens, give that a try.

Last edited:

zionxgodkiller

May 28, 2021
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
I've been having that issue as well, since before the update. Freaked me out at first because I rebooted like 20+ times and it still had no IMEI, SIM or WiFi. Finally I decided to reboot it via holding the power button down long enough to force a shutdown that way, upon restarting I had WiFi and mobile service immedately.
Randomly ever since my SIM remains undetected for about 30 seconds and eventually kicks in but WiFi doesn't.
Holding the power button down long enough to force shutdown seems to always fix it for me.
Next time it happens, if it happens, give that a try.
Very interesting. I have attempted this method but unfortunately have not had the same result as you. I've now at this point lost all ability to detect ANY sim card, and am actually in the process of taking the phone apart to inspect the pins themselves, even though the scratch marks are consistent and it appears as though they are getting a good solid contact. Wish me luck!

Very interesting. I have attempted this method but unfortunately have not had the same result as you. I've now at this point lost all ability to detect ANY sim card, and am actually in the process of taking the phone apart to inspect the pins themselves, even though the scratch marks are consistent and it appears as though they are getting a good solid contact. Wish me luck!
Do you have an IMEI still? First time it happened to me and I rebooted 10+ times it didn't have IMEI at all. And I doubt it's a pin issue, I never eject my sim card tray and if you haven't been messing with it then it can't have gotten damaged