Stratos 3 firmware 4.2.8.0 thread

yngwie_m

Dec 22, 2010
Karditsa
VO2MAX Is calculated only in "Outdoor Running" activity. You have also to run 10 minutes with an heart rate > 75% of FCMAX. If in the stratos appears the data you can sync directly from the watch and then open Zepp app and do a swipe down to sync.
Have done multiple 5km runs since those 3 first trainings, always on outdoor runs and always at top zone 4- low zone 5 so 80-90% of HR max. And it takes me way longer than 10 mins to finish 5km.

To give you a perspective since I trained casually, my only three readings put my VO2 max at 35 only. So not a seasoned runner.

It baffles me that I get all other metrics except VO2 max readings and race predictions.
Had some predictions during those first 3 runs that went all the way up to marathon times. Resetted the watch twice since then, lost VO2 max and race time predictions.

As i said in my initial post, all other Firstbeat calculations (training load, training effect and recovery) show up every time and correctly.

butcher33

Jul 29, 2012
I have the stratos for about half a year now and for the last couple of months it started to act strange. The main problem is that the time and distance ob zepp and strava ste way off. If I run 10km I usually have to go a bit further for strava to get to 10km. If go for a hike and it lasts for 2 hours with an hour of stopped time, I get like 1.5h of activity in strava and of the zepp distance is 8km, strava distance is 6. Sometimes I also lose GPS signal during hikes.
Did a factory reset but there is no difference.
Because of these glitches I have some absurd records on strava.
Any clue what could be the issue here?

Ciccle893

Jan 16, 2021
Goodmorning everyone. A few days ago I bought a stratos 3 4.2.8.0. At first it didn't synchronize workouts and now after a few resets I managed to fix it but I noticed that it stopped recording a walk after about 7 minutes'. Furthermore, the barometer does not work well and does not recognize the scale plans made well. Do you have the same problems? Do you know if there will be updates soon? Which firmware version should I use? Thanks in advance.

Celloz

Mar 16, 2016
Goodmorning everyone. A few days ago I bought a stratos 3 4.2.8.0. At first it didn't synchronize workouts and now after a few resets I managed to fix it but I noticed that it stopped recording a walk after about 7 minutes'. Furthermore, the barometer does not work well and does not recognize the scale plans made well. Do you have the same problems? Do you know if there will be updates soon? Which firmware version should I use? Thanks in advance.
The 4.2.8 is the last firmware since long time. Anyone know if Huami have to release a new firmware. The altimeter have some problem, if you see the altitude with the screen locked it is different if the screen Is unlocked during activity. I haven't the stop of activity problem.

dolezelt

Feb 26, 2018
I have a question about skiing.

When I choose skiing - only downhill track is recorder
When I choose cross country ski - all track is recorded but to the total length is counted only for downhill part. So after hours of skiing a have total distance only 0,3 km (Strava shows correct length). Watches and also ZEPP shows incorrect length.

What is interesting watches shows in activity screen Cross country ski, then date and time and then downhill so i looks like that is picked downhill profile for cross country ski. And the data are like for downhill.
Skiing is similar (data for downhill) but only descent track is saved.

This does not make a sense. Does anyone has same behavior of this sports?
If this is a normal behavior than amazfit developers are total idiots.

Saratoga79

Jan 12, 2013
Ordizia Capital
It's funny. Seems that factory reset on stratos 3 doesn't really reset everything.

I wonder if deep flash does a better job reseting stratos 3.

@Saratoga79 what do you think?
What do you mean?
The fact is that a factory reset in fastboot or /data wipe bricks the watch, maybe Ultra mode related.
Deep flash will erase everything but this method is risky if you are not bricked.

I have a question about skiing.

When I choose skiing - only downhill track is recorder
When I choose cross country ski - all track is recorded but to the total length is counted only for downhill part. So after hours of skiing a have total distance only 0,3 km (Strava shows correct length). Watches and also ZEPP shows incorrect length.

What is interesting watches shows in activity screen Cross country ski, then date and time and then downhill so i looks like that is picked downhill profile for cross country ski. And the data are like for downhill.

Most probably is a wrong implementation of the algorithm and data. Did you test all winter sport activities?

dolezelt

Feb 26, 2018
What do you mean?
The fact is that a factory reset in fastboot or /data wipe bricks the watch, maybe Ultra mode related.
Deep flash will erase everything but this method is risky if you are not bricked.

Most probably is a wrong implementation of the algorithm and data. Did you test all winter sport activities?
I tested skiing a cross country skiing and it seems that both uses downhill profile for processing and saving data ( i suppose that watches only finds repeating patterns and then process data according choosed sport = sport profile = template).
==> cross country skiing should be only renamed running profile but amazfit use downhill profile

I have huge problem with amazfit now because using downhill profile for cross country skiing means that they don't know much about sports. So their competence to make sport testers equals to zero.

dolezelt

Feb 26, 2018
What do you mean?

All winter sports with ski have (on the watches) mileage assigned as downhill and total downhill. So all profiles measures only downhill distance.
- downhill
- ski
- skiing
- cross country skiing
That means, that all sports are measured as downhill.
This is huge error not corrected from september 2020 (date of releasing firmware). Amazfit is maybe waiting for summer.

dolezelt

Feb 26, 2018
What do you mean?

I did a little research....
In ZEPP app are listed only 17 sports and only one (skiing) as sport with ski (watches shows 4 sports with ski). As a measured units (for distance) are listed only single descent and total descent (under skiing) and that is what watches measures for all ski sports. There is no other profile for skiing in app....

Whole problem looks like that only 17 sport templates exists in total. Another sports are only renamed templates for other sport (that is not problem when for each sports is used right template and problem is that it is not)

I am almost sure that watches only looks for repeating patterns during activity (= strokes, steps etc, ) and what to measure, save and how to counts is defined in sport templates. And even if Amazfit claims that watches can handle about 80 sports there only 17 templates exists and some of them are wrong used for additional sports.

Conclusion is:
Amafit has huge problem with software at APP side and with data processing (APP is worse and worse during time).
Stratos is not sporttester (can you imagine similar problem eg with Garmin watches). (Firmware is from September 2020, there is no patch for almost 4 months, Amazfit maybe waits for summer)
Problem shows that Amazfit does not understand or does not care what to measure during sport activity.

thedaysse

Mar 12, 2016

Yes - twice now I've tried to record cross country skiing, 40 minutes, just loops around a football field. Both time it refused to save due to "not enough loops", I then tried it at the end of a run - same thing. It's no big deal for me - I can use walking instead and change it on strava but cross country skiing is /dev/null on my stratos 3

Number2138

Dec 11, 2020
I have the stratos for about half a year now and for the last couple of months it started to act strange. The main problem is that the time and distance ob zepp and strava ste way off. If I run 10km I usually have to go a bit further for strava to get to 10km. If go for a hike and it lasts for 2 hours with an hour of stopped time, I get like 1.5h of activity in strava and of the zepp distance is 8km, strava distance is 6. Sometimes I also lose GPS signal during hikes.
Did a factory reset but there is no difference.
Because of these glitches I have some absurd records on strava.
Any clue what could be the issue here?
This is due to a problem that's part of Pace, Stratos and Stratos 3. All three these watches use the same ecosystem, the same software apart from a few small differences. The watches are supposed to, during an activity, to record a GPS point every second. They don't. I do believe Strava reinterprets the workouts as it gets synced to Strava, but with these three watches only recording GPS points every 3 to 9 second, this leaves a lot of room for Strava to rework the numbers. With a watch like Bip/Bip S that records a GPS point EVERY SECOND, this doesn't leave any room for Strava to reinterpret the workout. Whenever I do a run with my Bip or Bip S, what it says on the watch is what is says in Strava afterwards. If there is a difference it isn't more than 10 meters regardless how long the workout was. Sometimes Strava even gives me MORE distance than what the watch says. With Pace, Stratos and Stratos 3, you can easily loose hundreds of meters during a workout.

I have reported this problem to Amazfit/Huami numerous times and keep hearing "our developers are trying to find the problem". Guys, it really can't be that hard to find.

I have asked them to issue a fix for Pace, Stratos and Stratos 3. Using the same software, if they can find the error in any of the watches, the other watches would have the same problem in the same part of the code.

dolezelt

Feb 26, 2018
Sometimes Strava even gives me MORE distance than what the watch says. With Pace, Stratos and Stratos 3, you can easily loose hundreds of meters during a workout.
Strava "measures" shorter distance almost always for me. Statos 2 or 3 measures shorter distance than google maps (or alternative).
I usually run 3 km run (watch measure) that is actually 3.070 to 3.170 km run. That is difference about 30 sec in time...
Stratos 3 measures distance better (3 km measured as 3.020 to 3.1 km).

I have reported this problem to Amazfit/Huami numerous times and keep hearing "our developers are trying to find the problem". Guys, it really can't be that hard to find.
I have got the same answer about another problem. It looks like that Amazfit is focusing for increasing market share with new products now and software development leaves somewhere behind. Another problem is that ZEPP software is not pointed for sportster but for causal watches (sport activity os hidden etc.)
It looks like that Xiaomi has similar opinion to Huami "problem" because new Xiaomi watches do not look like Huami products (or are not branded as Amazfit) but only

Reactions: Mun123

GiovaniMM

Feb 7, 2021
Esteemed,
When I synchronize my run on the zepp, the following is happening: the route is totally leaving the path I passed. The solution I am finding is to export the race straight from the clock. Does anyone have this problem on zepp?
Regards,