[Streak10][ROM]ChimeraDroid r2

Search This thread

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
NOTE: I am no longer supporting ChimeraDroid anymore, I have migrated over to CM9 and will be providing english support for it

Introduction:
ChimeraDroid is a custom rom for the Streak 10, it is a combination of Streak 10 568 and Streak 7 506-wifi, hence Chimera.

Features:
  • Bundleware removed
  • Gapps Integration
  • Pre-rooted
  • Optional app pack

Requirements:

Instructions:
  1. Download: ChimeraDroid r2.zip
  2. Download: ChimeraDroid r2 Installer.zip
  3. Extract ChimeraDroid r2.zip, EXCEPT do not extract Backup Current ROM - S10.cmd or Install ROM - S10.cmd
  4. Extract ChimeraDroid r2 Installer.zip to the same folder
  5. Put Device into APX mode
    1. Open sd card flap
    2. Press pinhole reset button
    3. Press and hold reset button and power button
    4. First time only: Install usb APX drivers
  6. Run "Load Bootloader -S10.cmd"
  7. OPTIONAL: Run "Backup Current ROM - S10.cmd" [STRONGLY RECOMMENDED]
  8. OPTIONAL: Run "Backup UserData - S10.cmd" [STRONGLY RECOMMENDED]
  9. OPTIONAL: Run "Backup SDCard - S10.cmd" [This will take a whike]
  10. Run "Install ROM - S10.cmd"
  11. After install is complete, reset device again
  12. OPTIONAL: Download: ChimeraDroid Apps r2.zip
  13. OPTIONAL: Sideload apps with adb or any file explorer.

Upcoming features:
  • 1080p video recording(?)
  • Long term: Languages available on the Streak 7

Changelog:
  • Apr 15, 2012: Finally added fixed installer
  • Nov 23, 2011:
    • Added: WMV video/codec support
    • Changed: Greater Market compatability, should be nearly on par with the S7 now
    • Added: Gmail app
  • Nov 14, 2011: Initial release

Notes:
  • Remember to download Superuser off the Android Market!
  • You are strongly recommended to NOT share your backups, as they contain your user data and device unique data
  • Boot.img ramdisk mod credit goes to nathanchan

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Rom is released now, only known issues are that the google search box does not appear in the top left corner of the home screen and the "shop" button does not appear in the app drawer correctly

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Next rom is coming along, new features:

More android market compatability, it's nearly on par with the s7 now
WMV media decoding, it's not available on the stock rom
Missing gapps from s7 that arnt available on market

Possibly 1080p video recording from the rear camera

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
R2 is released now, changes include supporting playback of WMV videos and more support of market apps, anything you can download with the s7 should be available on the s10 now.

Remember to download superuser from the marketplace to complete the rooting process, it's better this way as it will also remind you of any updates to it!

tantuni

Nov 14, 2006
Is it stable?

My updated, rooted, CWM 5, Honeycomb is so stable right now I am afraid of trying a new ROM but at the same time I am very curious. Is everything running smoothly? What is better in your opinion?
Thanks and keep up the good work for us, users. (no idea how you guys do these modifications)

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
CWM 5? where did you get that?

This is for the streak 10 and not 7, are you sure you're on the right page?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Was quickoffice preinstalled?

I dont recall as I have it though amazon (it was free for a day)

chenght

Sep 8, 2009
first thank you for making this rom

I would like to know may ics be available to streak 10 pro in the future
either official or cm9

coz I may buy it in a few days
thx in advance

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I would imagine ICS would be eventually made available, it's too new to not recieve it.

I would recommend against buying a s10 unless you have specific reasons to get one vs a different tab.
I only got one as a companion to my s5 and s7, there's better alternatives unless they're not available where you live. (All t2 tabs are more or less identical, main thing is rom support)

chenght

Sep 8, 2009
I would imagine ICS would be eventually made available, it's too new to not recieve it.

I would recommend against buying a s10 unless you have specific reasons to get one vs a different tab.
I only got one as a companion to my s5 and s7, there's better alternatives unless they're not available where you live. (All t2 tabs are more or less identical, main thing is rom support)

I live in hong kong and streak 10 pro is selling at about usd 280 in china (where i can easily go across the border to buy it). Before that I have considered Nook Tablet and Kindle Fire (ask my friends to buy from us for me)

Compared to other tablets (samsung SGT 10, asus TF) it is about two third of their price. I would mostly use the tab for web browsing, pdf, ppt and little gaming.

ICS upgrade is not essential for me right ? But I would like to know the support of non-HD 2.x apps on the 3.2 system ? Can they be run on the tab ?

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
ICS would add very little if you're already on 3.2, it's mainly to bring phones to parity.
For a tablet, ICS can be considered android 3.3. It adds lots of small things, but overall it's not a huge change. I couldnt recall offhand from the release notes or the presentation anything major for a tab, it's either bringing phones to parity or new hardware specific.

Most apps will run fine, i've yet to see one that doesnt work at all (but most of my apps are at least tablet aware and some are HC native apps), worst case you can play with the scaling button and it'll think you have a giant phone.

At least the price is dropping very quickly, it's original MSRP was ¥2999 or ~$370 where you can get a gtab10 for ~$400 on ebay. Under 300 it's reasonable, but you're saving on the rom support. The gtab and tf101 and xoom and the like have massive communities for rom support. But this depends on where you live, as being in HK means you dont really need to import it might be a reasonable buy.

My rom is pretty simple, and yet I dont expect anyone else to make anything more complex, much less release it on xda/somewhere visible outside china.

Reactions: chenght

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I need feedback from users that have installed it, it seems that the install script may be causing install issues as it's flashing back to back and putting in pauses might make it run better.

I have not actually tested the entire install script, I only know that the images it's flashing and the commands are good. BUT I run each line manually so there's always a delay.

I need input from more users in this regard.

JC LEON

Dec 20, 2011
if I install Chimeradroid ,after can i return to original stock rom without problems?
must I place extracted content of nvflash and chimeradroid 32, in the same folder?

in your guide..in Upcoming features:
•Long term: Languages available on the Streak 7

this includes italian language too?

how much time you estimate can it be implemented?

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
I dont currently have any plans to as it's extremely tedious to do so.

There is a script to back up your current rom in the package. You should run that even if you do not wish to install Chimeradroid.

Reactions: JC LEON

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: I am no longer supporting ChimeraDroid anymore, I have migrated over to CM9 and will be providing english support for it

Introduction:
    ChimeraDroid is a custom rom for the Streak 10, it is a combination of Streak 10 568 and Streak 7 506-wifi, hence Chimera.

Features:
    • Bundleware removed
    • Gapps Integration
    • Pre-rooted
    • Optional app pack

Requirements:

Instructions:
    1. Download: ChimeraDroid r2.zip
    2. Download: ChimeraDroid r2 Installer.zip
    3. Extract ChimeraDroid r2.zip, EXCEPT do not extract Backup Current ROM - S10.cmd or Install ROM - S10.cmd
    4. Extract ChimeraDroid r2 Installer.zip to the same folder
    5. Put Device into APX mode
      1. Open sd card flap
      2. Press pinhole reset button
      3. Press and hold reset button and power button
      4. First time only: Install usb APX drivers
    6. Run "Load Bootloader -S10.cmd"
    7. OPTIONAL: Run "Backup Current ROM - S10.cmd" [STRONGLY RECOMMENDED]
    8. OPTIONAL: Run "Backup UserData - S10.cmd" [STRONGLY RECOMMENDED]
    9. OPTIONAL: Run "Backup SDCard - S10.cmd" [This will take a whike]
    10. Run "Install ROM - S10.cmd"
    11. After install is complete, reset device again
    12. OPTIONAL: Download: ChimeraDroid Apps r2.zip
    13. OPTIONAL: Sideload apps with adb or any file explorer.

Upcoming features:
    • 1080p video recording(?)
    • Long term: Languages available on the Streak 7

Changelog:
    • Apr 15, 2012: Finally added fixed installer
    • Nov 23, 2011:
      • Added: WMV video/codec support
      • Changed: Greater Market compatability, should be nearly on par with the S7 now
      • Added: Gmail app
    • Nov 14, 2011: Initial release

Notes:
    • Remember to download Superuser off the Android Market!
    • You are strongly recommended to NOT share your backups, as they contain your user data and device unique data
    • Boot.img ramdisk mod credit goes to nathanchan
    ICS would add very little if you're already on 3.2, it's mainly to bring phones to parity.
    For a tablet, ICS can be considered android 3.3. It adds lots of small things, but overall it's not a huge change. I couldnt recall offhand from the release notes or the presentation anything major for a tab, it's either bringing phones to parity or new hardware specific.

Most apps will run fine, i've yet to see one that doesnt work at all (but most of my apps are at least tablet aware and some are HC native apps), worst case you can play with the scaling button and it'll think you have a giant phone.

At least the price is dropping very quickly, it's original MSRP was ¥2999 or ~$370 where you can get a gtab10 for ~$400 on ebay. Under 300 it's reasonable, but you're saving on the rom support. The gtab and tf101 and xoom and the like have massive communities for rom support. But this depends on where you live, as being in HK means you dont really need to import it might be a reasonable buy.

My rom is pretty simple, and yet I dont expect anyone else to make anything more complex, much less release it on xda/somewhere visible outside china.
    I dont currently have any plans to as it's extremely tedious to do so.

There is a script to back up your current rom in the package. You should run that even if you do not wish to install Chimeradroid.
    I will prepare a new installer script soon, it's a known issue the current installer script doesnt work, but works fine if you manually type it out one by one
    I have finally gotten around to making a patched installer.

I havnt tested it yet, so I will need testers.
    It will either work fine or fail and not do anything, I dont expect it to be able to do damage. But as with all custom roms proceed at your own risk.

In a month or so I will be installing 569 and (hopefully) porting CWM 5.5 to it.