Error Reporting Disabled
Security Warning Disabled
802.11G Enabled
ClearType in Landscape Mode
Clock in All Screens
Live Search using Google
Edge Icon Enabled
Slideout Keyboard Capsdot Enabled

It's built from the new upload of the kitchen, which has a bunch of new stuff / changes. Here's the link.

Download:

SendSpace Link
MegaUpload Link
RapidShare Link

Running issue list:

no known...

Last edited:

mattk_r

Feb 9, 2007
WA
Just out of curiousity, if you are building a super clean ROM, why include Pocket RAR and Audio manager? Just seems that these would not be considered "core" applications

Most people install these anyway, and they are very small. Having them in the OS saves Memory space, and the don't consume any CPU time unless executed.

The goal of this was to test out a few new features, especially Audio Manager and MMS, not so much to release a vanilla base. I just kept it relatively clean to minimize any other programs impacting the test.

dcdivenut

Jun 6, 2006
Washington DC
Most people install these anyway, and they are very small. Having them in the OS saves Memory space, and the don't consume any CPU time unless executed.

The goal of this was to test out a few new features, especially Audio Manager and MMS, not so much to release a vanilla base. I just kept it relatively clean to minimize any other programs impacting the test.

gotcha... that makes sense. BTW, I wasn't criticizing, just curious.

graybip

Sep 10, 2006
Seattle
music, ring tones

No problem with mp3 files. I do not use MMS so cannot comment. This is an interesting experiment!

new2city

Jul 17, 2006
Malacca
hey Matt, what's with you with nude and naked!! ;-)

Love to try your ROMs(running Pandora latest now(this time full), couldn't stand naked without MMS), but broadband still down and Megaupload hates my company's IP(supposively in Singapore).

Keep up the good work...

mattk_r

Feb 9, 2007
WA
hey Matt, what's with you with nude and naked!! ;-)

Love to try your ROMs(running Pandora latest now(this time full), couldn't stand naked without MMS), but broadband still down and Megaupload hates my company's IP(supposively in Singapore).

Keep up the good work...

I guess I have a thing for the femine side :eek:

Sorry to hear about the network issues. This latest My Setup is turning out to be really nice and I'm hoping others get a chance to test drive it.

I'm uploading Speed Freak to more mirrors now :)

With this thread though, I'm really hoping to get a good grasp on NOT having to rely on the Camera and Media Player to have basic functionality. I think, without them, that a base setup would really scream, but still give you full functionality.

N

nothin

heh, it seems to be interesting ROM, but i have question, before flash:
camera files arent present, or just /hklm/drivers/builtin/camera and /hklm/drivers/builtin/cameradriver paths aren't present?

Removing these by total commander is method for having >2 mb mem more, BUT it is reversable by simple registry import(i.e. these .regs are from mUn 4.0.0.0 ROM):
http://rapidshare.com/files/38646998/_bak.rar.html
so, after registry import and SR camera is working as usual.
its best method for turning camera on/off i found..
what you think?

(sorry for LQ english..).

mattk_r

Feb 9, 2007
WA
heh, it seems to be interesting ROM, but i have question, before flash:
camera files arent present, or just /hklm/drivers/builtin/camera and /hklm/drivers/builtin/cameradriver paths aren't present?

Removing these by total commander is method for having >2 mb mem more, BUT it is reversable by simple registry import(i.e. these .regs are from mUn 4.0.0.0 ROM):
http://rapidshare.com/files/38646998/_bak.rar.html
so, after registry import and SR camera is working as usual.
its best method for turning camera on/off i found..
what you think?

(sorry for LQ english..).

ouch, you're making me think.

the entire camera installation package is removed, so it's a true 6 meg savings.

The camera fuction is taken over by Pictures & Video. I was suprised how seamless it worked - in that the camera hard button was already mapped to P&V on first boot.

You know, if you only want basic pictures, I'm kinda liking this idea. Super clean and you still get picture capability if you really need something - and you don't have to uninstall / reinstall anything.

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
Matt, the camera flash using the standard MS camera app. doesn't work regardless of whether the registry settings are set to have it on or not. According to the reg. settings, you can enable zoom as well as adjust the frame rate of the videos, but the settings actually do nothing. I don't know why this is, but I worked this over for a day or so, before finally giving up and installing the camera package out of the AKU 3.3 ROM. If you are not using the speed dialer from any of the WM5 releases, you can remove msvcr80.dll_ as well as MFC80U.DLL_ from the HTC camera package without consequence and really pare down the size. Also, all of the settings for LsOma as well as the assoc. files (LsOma, DRM and such) should be removed from the original HTC MMS package in WM6 to allow playback of movies made by the HTC camera as well as ringtone selection (these were the actual culprits causing the phone settings manager to refuse to close). I don't know what ramifications this has for the use of mp3's which I don't use anyway, but losing those files gave me room to install Streaming Video, MMS, Java, Camera 3.3 a PDF reader as well as PIM backup back into the ROM WITHOUT compression. When I can find a faster internet connection, I may upload my own creation.

Last edited: