Question Strong rattling sound when shaking the phone

Search This thread

Kluxe Nobody

Jan 31, 2016
OnePlus 6
So by complete accident I noticed that whenever I shake my 11 Ultra, a strong rattling sound comes from the top portion of the phone, like there's something loose inside. After a bit of testing I assumed it's the OIS from the wide angle, since whenever that camera is used, and the OIS kicks in, the sound when shaken becomes very small. But anyways, is this normal?

This may sound like a strange request, but please, could you people shake your device and give a feedback here to know if it's just my unit?

sabrewulf

Aug 1, 2009
Ah ah by accident too, i noticed the same few days ago.
And when i change camera lens in pro mode, i have a little sound similary as haptic.

That's reassuring, i am not the only one. But why we have this thing ?

Reactions: Kluxe Nobody

TheForceUnleashed

Feb 11, 2012
Louisiana
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
And when i change camera lens in pro mode, i have a little sound similary as haptic.

It’s the stabilization module inside the camera shaking. It’s a moving part so it’s basically floating when you’re not using it. When you shake the phone you make it move inside the camera, thus the rattling noise.

And obviously, it’s for stabilizing the camera when you’re moving so you don’t get the blur effect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the camera and OIS. It's normal.

It’s the stabilization module inside the camera shaking. It’s a moving part so it’s basically floating when you’re not using it. When you shake the phone you make it move inside the camera, thus the rattling noise.

And obviously, it’s for stabilizing the camera when you’re moving so you don’t get the blur effect.