Accessories Struggling to make the switch to my P6P due to lack of stylus.

Search This thread

Jacasta

Nov 1, 2021
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi all!

I'm very new here although I used to frequent XDA many years ago when I was all about that root/custom ROM life on my older devices.

I've been using a Galaxy Note 9 for the last 3 years and it has served my very well, mainly due to the stylus. Whilst the addition of a stylus doesn't appeal to most (I think), it is an accessory that is something I use every day and kinda have to.

I have a condition (localised in my hands) called hyperhidrosis. To summarise what this is: my hands sweat like nobody's business, no matter the weather/climate. And it's not just clammy either. My hands quite literally pour, lol.

Anyway, if any of you have ever had a splash of water on your device screen, you will understand how frustrating it can be when trying to type or browse or anything. Now imagine that, all day every day. :(

So the stylus was my saviour.

But now I have this brand new, shiny device that doesn't have one and, having used this thing for less than a month, I have had enough and ended up going back to my Note 9 until I can figure out a solution.

Does anyone know if Google or any third party company have released or will be releasing such an accessory?

I see a lot of users complaining about the in-screen FPR and there's me like "bro...", haha.

Anyway, thanks for reading this post. There isn't a cure or permanent fix for my hands so I'm stuck with them forever.

I'm now wondering if I should sell this handset and get a Note 20 or something, idk.

I'm now wondering if I should sell this handset and get a Note 20 or something, idk.
I think you already answered your own question.

Even if you are happy with 3rd party hardware and 3rd party software to go with it (highly unlikely given your story). you'll constantly be worried about keeping the stylus with the P6P and vice-versa.

400ixl

Jul 27, 2006
Norwich
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Rumour has it that there won't be another Note, but that the next S22 series will have a model with Note features.

If you are dependent on a stylus then I would stick with a phone which has native support for one personally. Either an existing model Note or see if the S22 Ultra has an S pen as rumoured. Doesn't sound like the Pixel is the right phone for you unfortunately.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
If you have a medical condition that makes a decent stylus with good functionality a life saver, you should either go for the last year Note model, or wait for the S22 Ultra that has (rumored) official stylus support/casing (prob January/February).

Google never cared for a stylus, so you will just have very basic functionality, that's not what you are looking for.

Pixel 6 is not for you.

prashant.saraf

Aug 16, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I am in same boat as your are, A NOTE 9 user for 3 yrs, its getting hard to live without s pen. its not just stylus but give great amount of feature mostly use one is copy a simple text from anywhere, use it as camera remote and many other feature. and I am waiting for S22 Ultra as I am not that happy with P6P, no doubt P6P is great device.

Reactions: shomi1417

DinarQ8

Nov 23, 2010
Kuwait City
There is no device on the market that compares to Samsung Note series
And I know exactly how you feel about the pen And I know when you think about switching the phone, you feel very hesitant. In short, it is a series of note. You can do things that no other phone can do like copying things that don't get copied

If you are thinking of switching you have to get used to not having a pen. Good luck

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Samsung and Apple have some particular copyrights which keep all other styluses from having some of the nicest features theirs do. It's unfortunate, and we'll miss having a stylus for the short period of time my wife and I had Note 10+'s, but it's worth it to me for how the l Android works on the Pixel versus Samsung, such as reliable notifications off my work emails and other things.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can use generic stylus like this: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08LMWYWFM
    It works on regular capacitive screens. It doesn't do cool things like the stylus Notes can do.
    I am in same boat as your are, A NOTE 9 user for 3 yrs, its getting hard to live without s pen. its not just stylus but give great amount of feature mostly use one is copy a simple text from anywhere, use it as camera remote and many other feature. and I am waiting for S22 Ultra as I am not that happy with P6P, no doubt P6P is great device.
    How about this one ? . . . It got 4.8 stars !

Samsung and Apple have some particular copyrights which keep all other styluses from having some of the nicest features theirs do. It's unfortunate, and we'll miss having a stylus for the short period of time my wife and I had Note 10+'s, but it's worth it to me for how the l Android works on the Pixel versus Samsung, such as reliable notifications off my work emails and other things.