• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stuck at boot screen

Search This thread

ddavij

Apr 21, 2012
Melbourne
I've just come from Virtuous senseless to SmartDroid, I went to 4ext, formatted everything as per usual, installed the rom, installed this kernel;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1256668
now when rebooting my phone, it's stuck at the android boot screen.

on hboot I have the following details;

*** LOCKED ***
Pyramid PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT- 1.29.0000
RADIO-11.24A.3504.31_M
OpenADSPV05.6.0.2226.00.0418
eMMC boot

Why isn't my phone going bast the booting screen, why does my phone only work with android revolution and virtuous inquisition?

any help is majorly appreciated

david.

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
Have you updated to newest firmware 3.33? Some Roms require it most run 3.32 and 3.33 however I've noticed some asking for 3.33.perhaps this could be a issue? Does the Rom suggest on the developers site 3.33?
Just a thought? Your s off , you have 4ext recovery, your wiping cash and dalvik, wipe data factory reset, you have done all that, perhaps its the firmware? Also did you check the md5 sums before installing to make sure they match developers? If they don't match it could be a corrupted download. If they are matching I'd read over the specs for that particular Rom and see if 3.33 is a requirement. Best wishes.
Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

ddavij

Apr 21, 2012
Melbourne
Have you updated to newest firmware 3.33? Some Roms require it most run 3.32 and 3.33 however I've noticed some asking for 3.33.perhaps this could be a issue? Does the Rom suggest on the developers site 3.33?
Just a thought? Your s off , you have 4ext recovery, your wiping cash and dalvik, wipe data factory reset, you have done all that, perhaps its the firmware? Also did you check the md5 sums before installing to make sure they match developers? If they don't match it could be a corrupted download. If they are matching I'd read over the specs for that particular Rom and see if 3.33 is a requirement. Best wishes.
Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

thank you so much for the reply, yeah I have updated to that newest 3.33 firmware, and i did also do a md5 check and it matches. yeah 3.33 is a requirement for the rom too, so i'm a little confused as to why my sensation doesnt want to boot... is their anything im doing wrong?

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
thank you so much for the reply, yeah I have updated to that newest 3.33 firmware, and i did also do a md5 check and it matches. yeah 3.33 is a requirement for the rom too, so i'm a little confused as to why my sensation doesnt want to boot... is their anything im doing wrong?

as the rom is just flashed ..you need to wait until its properly booted ..then reboot to recovery again and flash the kernel (always flash mods/kernels is not advisable ...during first flash of ROM)

now ..do a complete wipe again (4EXT -> wipe|format -> format all partitions except sdcard) then flash the rom ..boot it up ..then go back to recovery and then flash the kernel

ddavij

Apr 21, 2012
Melbourne
as the rom is just flashed ..you need to wait until its properly booted ..then reboot to recovery again and flash the kernel (always flash mods/kernels is not advisable ...during first flash of ROM)

now ..do a complete wipe again (4EXT -> wipe|format -> format all partitions except sdcard) then flash the rom ..boot it up ..then go back to recovery and then flash the kernel

did exactly this, followed you're steps, still not booting into android, stuck at the andorid loading boot screen :/

ddavij

Apr 21, 2012
Melbourne
Hey.. Then my best suggestion is to run a ics ruu... This is just for cleaning all the partitions.. Then flash back recovery nd restore your rom... Also then mostly other roms works too

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves

thanks for the reply, does this mean that i have to root the phone again basically? yeah i guess i'll need to do this :)