• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory
Search This thread

digitalmaxMG

Dec 18, 2020
Hello everyone,
i yesterday i bought secondhand Asus Zenphone 7 PRO stucked at CSC Fastboot MODE
When i turn on the phone it pops android icon for 1 sec then it goes automatically to CSC FastBoot Mode, then you can choose between START, Restart bootloader, Recovery mode, and Power OFF.
When you choose one of them they restart phone and again 1 sec android icon (sometimes charging icon also ) and then CSC fastboot mode .,
On PC the device can be recognise like ASUS BOATLOADER , after installing drivers it shows like Android ADB device.
Tried with platform-tools_r30.0.4-windows , on adb devices it now shows up , but when i type fasboot device it shows the serial number of my phone, and i can restart it with /fastboot reboot.
Thats all i tried stuck at this point.

Greetings

Attachments

• 131753407_947288189134155_6515126570998968568_n.jpg
    131753407_947288189134155_6515126570998968568_n.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 131926332_3550178728429224_2782131584505608333_n.jpg
    131926332_3550178728429224_2782131584505608333_n.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 131607336_2857387707916668_1582257691269026120_n.jpg
    131607336_2857387707916668_1582257691269026120_n.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 131891468_155467459246901_8685396734999509311_n.jpg
    131891468_155467459246901_8685396734999509311_n.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 64

Joeb2000

Feb 23, 2009
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
The only way to fix this is flash a full stock image.

This happened to me while trying to root. After unlocking, installing twrp, and following the rest of the directions kept booting back into twrp. After messing around with it a few more times it gave me an error that the system was corrupt and would not allow booting into anything other than crc fastboot. I was crapping my pants at the thought that I just bricked my new phone. But after a little more research I found the asus flashing tool and full image.

This is the specific link I got the flashing tool from. I see there are other versions if I do a google search. But I used this one and know it worked fine.

Then I grabbed this zip file, and the latest firmware from asus website. I saw the firmware from Asus was almost half the size so I was unsure what it may have been missing. Which is why I flashed the larger file from Mega first.

Also, the flashing tool gives an error about missing a frp account, you don't have to worry about that. The flashing tool likes to be started before the phone is connected as well. So if you start it and it doesn't see the phone, disconnect and reconnect and it should pop up.

Then just pick the first zip file in the tool and hit start. It took almost 10 minutes to fully write everything for me. plugged into a usb 3 port. When it is done restart it and it should be like a factory phone again. After setting it up, I copied the smaller zip i grabbed from asus to update it onto the sdcard. As soon as it was done copying the system automatically saw the zip as an update and asked if I wanted to install it.

articoceanic

Jan 16, 2010
The only way to fix this is flash a full stock image.

This happened to me while trying to root. After unlocking, installing twrp, and following the rest of the directions kept booting back into twrp. After messing around with it a few more times it gave me an error that the system was corrupt and would not allow booting into anything other than crc fastboot. I was crapping my pants at the thought that I just bricked my new phone. But after a little more research I found the asus flashing tool and full image.

This is the specific link I got the flashing tool from. I see there are other versions if I do a google search. But I used this one and know it worked fine.

Then I grabbed this zip file, and the latest firmware from asus website. I saw the firmware from Asus was almost half the size so I was unsure what it may have been missing. Which is why I flashed the larger file from Mega first.

Also, the flashing tool gives an error about missing a frp account, you don't have to worry about that. The flashing tool likes to be started before the phone is connected as well. So if you start it and it doesn't see the phone, disconnect and reconnect and it should pop up.

Then just pick the first zip file in the tool and hit start. It took almost 10 minutes to fully write everything for me. plugged into a usb 3 port. When it is done restart it and it should be like a factory phone again. After setting it up, I copied the smaller zip i grabbed from asus to update it onto the sdcard. As soon as it was done copying the system automatically saw the zip as an update and asked if I wanted to install it.
hello friend

you seemt to be knowledgable, do you know how i can root my zenfone 7, have you managed to root yours or get twrp installed?

Joeb2000

Feb 23, 2009
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
hello friend

you seemt to be knowledgable, do you know how i can root my zenfone 7, have you managed to root yours or get twrp installed?

I was able to root mine, but the method with TWRP kept giving me a bootloop so I had to use a different way.

I used the "Method 2" listed here.

Just make sure you pay attention to the pre-req's both the main and the method 2 specific ones.

Then it will basically go like this (assuming you already unlocked your bootloader and have adb and usb drivers already installed).

Grab latest firmware from Asus.

Copy the firmware zip to your phone storage and let it update. usually after you copy the zip and unplug your phone the system sees the update and asks if you want to apply it.

Download and install Python.

Grab payload dumper I attached to this post and extract the contents to your Python install directory.

Open the firmware zip and pull out the "payload.bin" file and put it in your python directory.

Open a command window in the python directory and run these 2 commands.
python -m pip install protobuf
python payload_dumper.py payload.bin

While that is extracting, download the latest Magisk apk, then copy it to your phone and install it.

In your python directory there should be a new folder called "output" look and see if the "boot.img" is done extracting. its the only thing you really need from it. Copy that boot.img file your phone storage (SD card preferrable if you have one).

Open Magisk manager on your phone, click "install" next to Magisk. It will ask for the method, choose to patch a file. Then select the boot.img file you copied.

After it is done look in your phones download folder for a "Magisk_Patched.img", copy that file to your adb folder.

Reboot your phone into fastboot mode.

Open command window in your adb folder. and run these commands
fastboot devices
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

The first one should list your phone, if it does not, you don't have it in fastboot mode. I had that problem at first, I had it in recovery instead of fastboot.

After it is done flashing, reboot your phone with
fastboot reboot

Then you should be ready to go, although I had to go back in the manager and install Magisk a second time myself. Plus I had to use the manager to install the "Magisk hide" module and hide it from a few apps. Things like google pay don't like to work if it detects root. But hiding it from that app works great.

Attachments

• Payload Dumper.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 4