• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stuck at S/W upgrade during update

Search This thread

raar

Apr 8, 2011
Guys,

As using LG's software to update, my phone restarted itself after downloading then it went to S/W upgrade screen then the program says remove the battery bla bla and restart after I did that program never recognized my phone again and everytime I power on my phone it goes to S/W upgrade. Then I go into clockwork recovery and re install CM7 but still can't pass the S/W upgrade screen any ideas?

Ps. I know there is a topic like this but after they go into recovery mode, it somehow went back to normal but mine didn't.

CaliLove310

May 20, 2009
Compton
I was on stock, never rooted before, when I tried updating. I'm now stuck on that same S/W upgrade screen. I've been trying many things, but I do believe I may have a brick. The LG software is giving me this error now.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 674

raar

Apr 8, 2011
I also tried .kdz flasher but didn't help either but at least we know that phone is not bricked

Attachments

• G2X.jpg
    G2X.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 474

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
How do we use the kdz flasher I downloaded the kdz version of the rom but don't know what I have to do to flash using the kdz

Sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

Maris_

Nov 16, 2010
I was stuck at 4% for a while, so I clicked the update tab that was flashing and all of a sudden it started up again.

It all looked good, I have Gingerbread, but for Baseband version is says "Unkown" and I can't choose a network under Network Operators. Nothing shows up under search. When I go to Access Point Names, I do see T-Mobile US and everything looks to be the same as before, but I only have WiFi access.

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
Use [RECOVERY][APP]Update 6-16: One-Click ClockworkMod 4.0.0.2 NvFlasher
Flash CWM follow instructions
Boot into recovery
Wipe
Restore backup (I used stock rooted)
Remove Batt
Reinstall Batt and boot into recovery
Start LG Update
Now should see the phone and you can update

Mine is still updating will see if it finishes

Failed sent me to support

Last edited:
Reactions: moeahmad1995

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
For those stuck try booting into bootloader volume plus power button. The hit reset froM there see if that works

the00guy

Jul 14, 2010
My will show the box and the little android and then boot to the S/W update screen

Same here, that's the stock recovery screen. I can flash either stock or clockworkmod from the apx loader by holding volume up and down, then plugging in the phone without the battery and using the nvflasher to flash whatever recovery I want. Other than getting into the recovery...I can't do anything without the S/W Upgrade screen coming up..damn you LG, damn you to hell.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solution!

As many have stated, pushing the v21E_00.kdz via the KDZ_FW_UPD program does work. It's just touchy.

This is a step by step guide to get you back in to working shape.

Note: You MUST do this via a PC running Windows XP. Running Vista/7 in compatibility mode is not going to work, period.

Edit: As an alternative, a virtual environment running XP will do the job. Those steps are up to you.

Part 1: Download the files you will need below.

V21E_00.kdz
    KDZ_FW_UPD_EN
    One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-06-16.rar
    LG USB Drivers G2x

Part 2:

1) Install the LG G2x USB drivers to your WinXP machine.
    2) Extract the entire contents of the One-Click recovery in to a folder and keep it handy.
    3) Remove the battery from the phone. Hold both volume buttons and plug in the USB cable. If you are asked for a driver, look in the APX folder where you extracted the One-Click recovery archive.
    4) Run OneClickRecoveryFlasher.exe and flash the stock recovery. Wait for the process to finish and close all windows and unplug the phone.
    Edit: It's been reported that some users have been able to boot in to their old rom after this point. If you can, you're done. Go
    back and put CWR on and flash whatever you want. If you are still stuck, continue this guide.

5) Put the battery back into the phone and turn it on. You will be back at the S/W Upgrade screen. This is where you want to be! Now plug the USB cable back in to the phone. If everything is up to snuff you should have no driver problems at this point.
    6) Extract KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z in to a folder. Inside is a msxml.msi. You need to run and install this first!
    7) Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe.. Leave the type set to CDMA and the phone mode set to DIAG. DO NOT CLICK ON "Read phone information"
    8) Click the folder icon and load the V21E_00.kdz
    9) Click launch software update (and pray!)

What you will see:

The log window will immediatly show:
    22:41:02 : Launching SW update
    22:41:02 : Unpacking KDZ

Then it will stop for a while.
    After this you will most likely see:
    22:41:16 : KDZ file extraced
    22:41:21 : Files were extracted.
    22:41:21 : LGMobileDL Load.
    22:41:21 : Port = 5
    22:41:21 : Connecting to phone
    22:41:33 : Check Phone mode = 1

It will pause again before you see:
    22:42:08 : Phone type check.......
    22:42:08 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
    22:42:08 : _SetAuthMark Fail
    22:42:08 : AuthMark°¡ Á¤È®È÷ Phone¿¡ Write µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù!
    22:42:08 : _SetAuthMark Fail
    22:42:08 : LoadCDMAPhoneData() Error
    22:42:08 : _DetachDLL Call
    22:42:08 : _DetachDLL Call End
    22:42:08 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\V21E.wdb
    22:42:08 : Param : moduleDir =
    22:42:08 : Param : waitTime = 33000
    22:42:08 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 0
    22:42:08 : Param : PhoneMode = 1
    22:42:08 : Param : BinVersion = V21E_00
    22:42:08 : Param : AuthMark = 0
    22:42:08 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

Finally after another pause you should start to get spammed by the following message:
    22:42:41 : CDMA: wParam = 2007, lParam = 0
    22:42:41 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2007, 0)

You will even hear the USB disconnect/reconnect sound several times.
    The sound and spam will continue until the lParam counts to 100.
    It should look like:
    22:46:25 : CDMA: wParam = 2005, lParam = 100
    22:46:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2005, 100)
    22:46:25 : CDMA: wParam = 2001, lParam = 0
    22:46:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2001, 0)

After it gets to 100, your phone will reboot to the LG logo before going
    blank. After a few moments of the blank screen you will get the TMO G2x splash before being dropped back in to your working phone.

Be patient as this takes a while. If at any point the program freezes for more than a few moments, it's most likely going to fail and you will need to try again.

Hope this helps. =)

Thanks to everyone who helped figure this out.

Edit: Added some missing info.
    Check out post #112 of this tread and see if those steps work for you!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15878353&postcount=112

the only thing wrong is step 5. after putting your battery back in, you will not be at the s/w upgrade screen. you will boot to whatever rom you flashed last. now is when you proceed to flash gingerbread.
    forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=810271
    Dnwld and I stall that program then dwnld that kdz file I posted a couple post back and use that program to Install the kdz file that's the gb update see if that works might need to be in recovery for the phone to connect to pc

13:30:21 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\V21E.wdb
    try sticking the kdz file in that path
    Cannot flash CWM as the USB device is not found. The device is plugged in and found in the LG update tool. No idea....

I can flash either stock or clockworkmod from the apx loader by holding volume up and down, then plugging in the phone without the battery and using the nvflasher to flash whatever recovery I want.