• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stuck at SAMSUNG LOGO

Search This thread

OutOrpheous848

Dec 31, 2014
Success

I have a SM-T700. The other day, I screwed up and wiped my tablet clean by accident. As a result, I couldn't get past the Samsung logo screen. I couldn't turn off the power. I couldn't boot to recovery.....Nothing. The only thing I could do was access Download Mode. While my first attempt was unsuccessful, I re-read this thread, followed the instructions and was able to flash my stock rom & boot to Recovery Mode by doing the following:

1. Downloaded and installed samsung drivers on my laptop.
2. Downloaded cf-autoroot-twrp-t700.tar on my laptop.
3. Downloaded and opened ODIN3 v3.10.6 on my laptop.
4. Went into Download Mode on my tablet. (Power+Volume Down+Home buttons)
5. Connected tablet to laptop via USB cord. (On my laptop, Odin displayed the word "Added")
6. Loaded cf-autoroot-twrp-t700.tar into the AP field and selected Start. (Odin did it's think, as evidenced by the red android icon, and then reboot back to the Samsung logo screen.)
7. Unplugged USB cord.
8. Held down Power+Volume Up+Volume Down+Home (all 4 buttons), which immediately took me into Recovery Mode.

Once in TWRP, I flashed the following:

1. CM12 - cm-12.1-20150519-NIGHTLY-klimtwifi
2. GAPPS - gapps-5.1-arm-2015-05-03-16-32-37

Worked beautifully. Thanks for the help.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Hard reset is POWER + VOL DOWN.
Recovery mode is POWER + VOL UP + HOME.
Hold each combination of buttons, from an off state or immediately after restarting, until the desired mode is achieved.
There are NO other combinations of buttons to access the modes above.
Anything else that works is pure consequence of pressing those buttons with whatever other button you have pressed.

Recovery is pretty hard to crash. Any one that states they cannot get into recovery mode is probably not using the combination of buttons at the right time or not holding for long enough.
This is coming from someone who has SOFT bricked this device countless times in every way.
Recovery mode will always work regardless of the state of boot, os, cache or data partition.
You can wipe all of them clean and still access recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: bacwolf

chesterx1

Feb 11, 2010
Keep getting message can't open serial port. Reactivation lock is on, unfortunately. Any ideas? Trying to flash twrp tar
Odin 3.10 Samsung S6
Sent from my QTAQZ3 using XDA Free mobile app

t13nif

Sep 2, 2015
Hard reset is POWER + VOL DOWN.
Recovery mode is POWER + VOL UP + HOME.
Hold each combination of buttons, from an off state or immediately after restarting, until the desired mode is achieved.
There are NO other combinations of buttons to access the modes above.
Anything else that works is pure consequence of pressing those buttons with whatever other button you have pressed.

Recovery is pretty hard to crash. Any one that states they cannot get into recovery mode is probably not using the combination of buttons at the right time or not holding for long enough.
This is coming from someone who has SOFT bricked this device countless times in every way.
Recovery mode will always work regardless of the state of boot, os, cache or data partition.
You can wipe all of them clean and still access recovery.

I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help me. I was not able to get into recovery mode, so downloaded the files suggested upthread. That worked--it booted me directly into recovery mode. I was able to do a factory reset and flashed stock ROM. However, the tablet still boots into recovery mode every time. I've wiped data, wiped cache etc but i am not able to successfully boot the tablet.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help me. I was not able to get into recovery mode, so downloaded the files suggested upthread. That worked--it booted me directly into recovery mode. I was able to do a factory reset and flashed stock ROM. However, the tablet still boots into recovery mode every time. I've wiped data, wiped cache etc but i am not able to successfully boot the tablet.

You need to flash the boot.img. Install the stock rom with odin or install one of the BOE6 kernels below:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/general/guide-how-to-convert-to-f2fs-flash-t3139716

Or any custom kernel will do.

Mar 15, 2016
Worthington
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 lollipop 5.0.2 stuck in boot loop

I have a SM-T350 stuck as well. I cannot find a reputable answer to the question of not being able to use the external storage due to being denied access to it. Also, many have similar problems and I've even contacted Samsung about this and they are more suspicious of tampering rather than fixing the problem. This all started during an update and the thing rebooted itself afterwards and it went directly into Odin mode. Nevertheless, the up button was pushed thinking that was the right thing to do and now it sits on my dresser. Its simptoms include not powering off unless powered down through recovery mode and all access is denied through external means.

guntzog

May 5, 2016
if you are stuck at samsung logo after flashing with odin

here's what you have to do:
1. While on Samsung logo. press power key + volume up and down + home button (all together)
2. When the screen is off. Press Power key + Volume Up + home button to enter recovery mode.
3. Wipe Data
4. Wipe Cache
5. Reboot to system

you should be fine right now ^^
cheers!
That worked Fine thanks savior

Kashkool

Aug 26, 2015
I have a SM-T700. The other day, I screwed up and wiped my tablet clean by accident. As a result, I couldn't get past the Samsung logo screen. I couldn't turn off the power. I couldn't boot to recovery.....Nothing. The only thing I could do was access Download Mode. While my first attempt was unsuccessful, I re-read this thread, followed the instructions and was able to flash my stock rom & boot to Recovery Mode by doing the following:

1. Downloaded and installed samsung drivers on my laptop.
2. Downloaded cf-autoroot-twrp-t700.tar on my laptop.
3. Downloaded and opened ODIN3 v3.10.6 on my laptop.
4. Went into Download Mode on my tablet. (Power+Volume Down+Home buttons)
5. Connected tablet to laptop via USB cord. (On my laptop, Odin displayed the word "Added")
6. Loaded cf-autoroot-twrp-t700.tar into the AP field and selected Start. (Odin did it's think, as evidenced by the red android icon, and then reboot back to the Samsung logo screen.)
7. Unplugged USB cord.
8. Held down Power+Volume Up+Volume Down+Home (all 4 buttons), which immediately took me into Recovery Mode.

Once in TWRP, I flashed the following:

1. CM12 - cm-12.1-20150519-NIGHTLY-klimtwifi
2. GAPPS - gapps-5.1-arm-2015-05-03-16-32-37

Worked beautifully. Thanks for the help.

I just do the steps 4+5 without any success , the Tab S T800 back to Samsung Logo & Odin (not) displayed the word "Added"?!
& it won't turn off...

Last edited:

gurra b

Jun 18, 2016
How to rebbot without wiping memory

Follow these instructions implicitly.
Hold POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME.
As soon as it restarts change to VOL UP while still holding the other buttons.
Do NOT let go of any of the buttons until recovery boots.

I got stuck at the Samsung logo and followed your instructions above. When in recovery mode, I clicked "reboot system now". That didn't do it because I still get stuck on the Samsung logo when the tablet restarts. I would be extremely thankful if you could help me to get past it without having to wipe data/factory reset!

Update: I deleted cache and then clicked reboot, which then led to the question whether I wanted to download OS, which I accepted. It has now been saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" for the last half hour and if I try going back to recovery mode I just come back to the question whether I want to download OS.

/Gustav

Last edited:

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
I got stuck at the Samsung logo and followed your instructions above. When in recovery mode, I clicked "reboot system now". That didn't do it because I still get stuck on the Samsung logo when the tablet restarts. I would be extremely thankful if you could help me to get past it without having to wipe data/factory reset!

Update: I deleted cache and then clicked reboot, which then led to the question whether I wanted to download OS, which I accepted. It has now been saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" for the last half hour and if I try going back to recovery mode I just come back to the question whether I want to download OS.

/Gustav

Download mode means you need to connect your tablet to the PC and flash the stock firmware with odin.

Reactions: gurra b

mycal62

Jun 25, 2010
if all else fails, remember on the samsung devices disconnect the battery for a few minutes and you can get back into recovery and restore or reflash.
look on youtube as to hoe to open the case for your specific device and disconnect battery ( look for replace battery for x device ) x being your device. this has bailed me out more than once.

Lightn1ng

Mar 31, 2015
Washington, D.C.
if all else fails, remember on the samsung devices disconnect the battery for a few minutes and you can get back into recovery and restore or reflash.
look on youtube as to hoe to open the case for your specific device and disconnect battery ( look for replace battery for x device ) x being your device. this has bailed me out more than once.

This should really never be needed because at ANY stage in a Samsung device, Power+Vol Down will do a full hardware reset...

Also might want to correct your spelling of "how" above... :p

Reactions: dwarfer66

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012

Totally unnecessary to go pulling the tablet apart.
All that is required is the right button combo.
POWER +VOL DOWN is reset,
POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME is download mode.
POWER + VOL UP + HOME is recovery.

Reactions: dwarfer66

stinka318

Oct 6, 2014
LG V20
Xiaomi Poco F1
If this helps to stop a bootloader in it tracks.....
Have a standard changer plug it in like you are charging it push power volume + and volume - don't touch home button.
You will notice that the big battery logo will appear.
Now you can go to recovery mode......

Last edited:

shades999

Oct 2, 2016
I have a Galaxy TAB A 9.7 (SM-T550) which I tried to root as described throughout this thread and I too am stuck on the SAMSUNG LOGO.

I can put the device in download mode: It displays at the top of the screen: ODIN MODE PRODUCT NAME: SM-T550 CURRENT BINARY: Custom SYSTEM STATUS: Official WARRANTY VOID: 0x1 (4) DUALCOM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB) AP SWREV : S1, T1, H1, R1, A1, P1 SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE

I connect it to a PC running Odin3 v.3.10.6 but I don't see the word ADDED appear in Odin. However I can load a tar file into the AP slot and when I hit START you can see the file transfer taking place on the Galaxy Tab which the reboots itself. ODIN displays
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/005> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/005> RES OK !!
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<ID:0/005> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Added!!

And shows a green PASS! In the top left box.
The Samsung Tab then starts up with the initial stock splash screen but also with “RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING” and “Set Warranty Bit : Recovery” written at the top left. After a few seconds this changes to a large red android logo with the following text overlayed.

Mounting.... System Cache
Rooting (SuperSu)
SuperSu installer
Mounting / system. /data and root fs
- Extracting Files
- Disabling OTA survival
- Removing old files
- Creating space
- Placing files
- Restoring files
- Post-installation script
- Unmounting / system and / data
- Done !
Restoring stock recovery
Cleaning Up
Rebooting in 10 seconds ...

Then it reboots to the initial stock splash screen again (this time without the writing in the top left corer) and progresses on the pulsating loading SAMSUNG logo which then never progresses any further.

PLEASE HELP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you are stuck at samsung logo after flashing with odin

here's what you have to do:
    1. While on Samsung logo. press power key + volume up and down + home button (all together)
    2. When the screen is off. Press Power key + Volume Up + home button to enter recovery mode.
    3. Wipe Data
    4. Wipe Cache
    5. Reboot to system

you should be fine right now ^^
    cheers!
    Actually I believe it's the download mode that I'm in. It doesn't seem to get to the recovery mode when I press the Volume up key and power button for some reason.. Am I doing something wrong

Follow these instructions implicitly.
    Hold POWER + VOL DOWN + HOME.
    As soon as it restarts change to VOL UP while still holding the other buttons.
    Do NOT let go of any of the buttons until recovery boots.
    I tried the above process, and its come in the odin mode and showing downloading since 40 min. Does it take so long to download. Please reply.
    You do realise you have to flash something in download mode? It doesnt do it itself. ?
    Install Samsung usb drivers, put your tab into download mode, connect to pc, run Odin, load the file into the AP slot then click start.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3109599&d=1420980613
    Have been fighting "stuckon Smasung logo" symtoms for 3 days know. Have tried flashing all sorts of firmware, the flash always completes OK but then the reboot gets stuck on the Samsung logo. Got the tab in recovery mode using instructions from post #4, the initial message is "Installing system update" but after a few seconds it switches to "No command", then it goes into the black recovery screen. Wiped data, wiped cache, still no success. Flashed firmware yet again, no dice. The firmware I am using is XAR-T713XXU2BRB2_T713XAR2BRB2-20180206 which another member suggested he had successfully used to unbrick their T713. Suggestions?
    It can take up to 10minutes first boot. Maybe you just need to be a little more patient?