Stuck battery issue

Search This thread

palo99

Aug 2, 2015
Bergamo
Pixel 5: the first charge/discharge cycle went well. I did it with the Pixel Stand wireless charger. Now 2nd charge (with cable this time) was stuck at 44%...reboot then suddenly goes to 88% then stuck again...reboot then suddenly 100%...then it was stuck at 100%...reboot 96%.... Now seems discharging properly... Hope it's just the battery that needs to level out...or a software problem that will be solved. Anyone else had this problem?

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
You are not alone. A LOT of people including myself had/have the same issue.

Mine got stuck charging at 1% then I restart and was already at 100%

(On a separate topic: I'm now on my second cycle...my battery life is at 47% left with 26 hours standby and 5 hours 37 minutes SoT...so my battery is very slowly decreasing. I'm not saying this a bad thing, quite the opposite it's lasting more than expected but I'm not sure how is going to end.. I'll hold till 1% .).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
Pixel 5: the first charge/discharge cycle went well. I did it with the Pixel Stand wireless charger. Now 2nd charge (with cable this time) was stuck at 44%...reboot then suddenly goes to 88% then stuck again...reboot then suddenly 100%...then it was stuck at 100%...reboot 96%.... Now seems discharging properly... Hope it's just the battery that needs to level out...or a software problem that will be solved. Anyone else had this problem?

I had this issue with my Pixel 2 XL when I got it 3 years ago. It didn't get stuck charging but it did get stuck discharging. I would take it off the charger at 100% before I went to bed. The next morning, 8 hours later, it would still be at 100%. Then I would use it for like an hour and it would stay at 100%. I would reboot at it would be at like 85%. I don't remember if it went away on it's own or if it was the first update that cleared it up but it was fine after like a week or two.

palo99

Aug 2, 2015
Bergamo
You are not alone. A LOT of people including myself had/have the same issue.

Mine got stuck charging at 1% then I restart and was already at 100%

(On a separate topic: I'm now on my second cycle...my battery life is at 47% left with 26 hours standby and 5 hours 37 minutes SoT...so my battery is very slowly decreasing. I'm not saying this a bad thing, quite the opposite it's lasting more than expected but I'm not sure how is going to end.. I'll hold till 1% .).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Let's hope Google will fix this or even the phone itself with the adaptive battery will fix it. Discharge is fine to me too. Very slow, but definitely not stuck.

Bobleworm

Oct 21, 2020
I've got the same issue too where I'm stuck at 100%. It seems that it happens more when I left the phone charge all night long and especially with the pixel stand wirelessly. (I tried today to charge it up to100% with wire and unplug it when charged and it discharges proprely). I don't know where it is coming from. But when I'm stuck at 100% I reboot and the % drop fast to what seems to be the correct amount. But quite annoying for a brand new phone at this price point...

M

mj2410

I have the same issue. Battery was stuck at 100% for quite long time and had to restart the phone to show the correct percentage. Is it a hardware or any OS issue? I have contacted the google support just some time back. Hope to hear from them.

oceaan

Jan 3, 2017
Napoli
This morning I spoke with google support and they told me to try recharging from the computer and not to use the original charger. In this way, for me, battery wasn't stuck during recharge...
So, maybe the issue was the charger? Is it possible? Or was it just a coincidence?

htc-rocks

May 20, 2010
I never had an issue where the battery level got stuck mid-way either charging or depleting but I did have the "issue" where it stayed at 100% for hours. This has gone away - I assume that the battery calibrated?

DAE1964

Apr 15, 2012
Grande Prairie, AB
I never had an issue where the battery level got stuck mid-way either charging or depleting but I did have the "issue" where it stayed at 100% for hours. This has gone away - I assume that the battery calibrated?
If charged to 100% it will stay at 100% until I rebooted. Then it goes back to normal.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using XDA Labs