Question Stuck in a boot loop, can't load recovery

Search This thread

Onthax

Nov 21, 2008
Picked one of these up on the weekend and was looking at going to linageos.

patched upto latest, and went through the linage install steps but missed the step on after installing the bootloader unlock software going into options and unlocking.

Went ahead and installed the linage recovery but now just get a basic screen with options of

START
RESTART BOOTLOADER
RECOVERY MODE
POWER OFF

All options loop me around back to the same place.

trying to start, ends me up with a your device is corrupt message.

I've been trying to get it back to factory.

QPST and QFIL can't see the device.

i can see the device in fastboot.
have downloaded latest firmware.
extracted using payload_dumper

no recovery.img on there.

updated the boot.img, vendor_boot.img dtbo.img from Question - My Asus Zenfone 8 flip is STUCK in CSC FASTBOOT MODE PLZ HELP!, RAW FIRMWARE ANYONE??? | XDA Forums
but no luck as there is no recovery.img in the firmware package.

Any ideas?

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Somewhere there was FW update (at least I remember .115) to downgrade from beta A12 to .115FW (android 11). And it could help you I hope. At least you can try. :)

Onthax

Nov 21, 2008
no luck, same message.

That link doesn't have a recovery.img either.

am I missing something

running fastboot for boot.img and vendor_boot.img
fastboot flash boot D:\asus\payload_dumper-master\output\boot.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot D:\asus\payload_dumper-master\output\vendor_boot.img

is there more img's i'm meant to be flashing?

T3chDelicious

Oct 7, 2016
no luck, same message.

am I missing something

I was once stuck in a bootloop after flashing a custom rom and did a fresh install of official firmware.
Go to this website https://www.asus.com/Content/Android-12-Beta/ and scroll down to "How to opt-out and revert back to Android 11" section. There you can download the firmware file and a 3 step instruction.

By doing so I was able to bring back my phone.

The version of the firmware is from 2021/09/03 (WW-30.11.51.115) so you just need to update to newest release and everything should be fine.

Reactions: Onthax

Onthax

Nov 21, 2008
I was once stuck in a bootloop after flashing a custom rom and did a fresh install of official firmware.
Go to this website https://www.asus.com/Content/Android-12-Beta/ and scroll down to "How to opt-out and revert back to Android 11" section. There you can download the firmware file and a 3 step instruction.

The version of the firmware is from 2021/09/03 (WW-30.11.51.115) so you just need to update to newest release and everything should be fine.
Thanks T3chDelicious

That did the trick, back to a working stock phone :)

Reactions: adam.718

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no luck, same message.

am I missing something

Thanks T3chDelicious

That did the trick, back to a working stock phone :)