Question Stuck in bootloop, cannot reach fastboot

Search This thread

blop_

Jul 28, 2017
Hey, I have tried flashing a GSI ROM but got an error after attempting these two commands :
./fastboot erase system
./fastboot flash system Gsi.img
The "system" partition could not be found and after reading some of your comments I figured I had to reboot into fastbootd and not fastboot. Therefore I rebooted my phone but I am now stuck into a bootloop without being able to reach fastboot whatsoever. Holding down the volume down key does not seem to have any effect.

A few more details:
- adb does not detect my device anymore.
- I was previously on a stock ROM.
- I only managed to flash the vbmeta.img before the bootloop happened.
- Upon holding the volume up button, my phone briefly connects to my PC (for about 2 seconds) then disconnects and restarts again.

What could I do to be able to reach fastboot and flash the stock ROM again?

Thanks for reading

blop_

Jul 28, 2017
My battery is drained and no matter how long I hold the two buttons I can't get out the bootloop unfortunately...

ounila

Dec 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
-let the cable connected to pc and press (+ and power) when the splatch screen appears wait 3 secondes and release the power button keeping + button only.
-if not, try with an OTG disk inserted and do the same as above.
-if not, type on pc terminal: adb reboot recovery before connecting your phone.
Good luck.

blop_

Jul 28, 2017
Hey, thanks a lot for your reply

I have tried all the steps you've described me and I unfortunately can't reach recovery.
It seems as if the phone is reacting to it though as a black screen screen is displayed much longer than usual, although a few seconds later, the MI splash screen appears once again. Also, I can hear the beep from the pc when the phone connects but it keeps disconnecting 1 second later and proceeds to reboot. Seems like recovery is corrupted or something...
The phone does not show up under adb devices throughout the whole process. My pc only recognizes the usb port being connected (when the beeps are triggered) but does not identify the device as an android device.