Stuck in Fastboot Mode (Recovery mode does not work)

Search This thread

Windwell

Jan 15, 2021
Thanks, let me know if it works for you. If you're unable to flash it via fastboot, only EDL will help.
Unfortunately it did not work. It was unable to fastboot flash any of the images (Yes my phone was plugged in :p )
(View image)
flash-all.png

Any other recommendations?

Windwell

Jan 15, 2021
Have you found a solution yet? Phone is still stuck in fastboot, and I have tried several times re-running previous hopeful solutions.

Windwell

Jan 15, 2021
Can someone please help me?
I have tried all possible solutions listed and none of them work. I cannot no matter what go into Qualcomm Edl mode, and flash booting files via fastboot does not work. Phone is still stuck in fastboot mode, and recovery mode works fine. Any other ideas?

andreas__

EDL should always work
Here are some tips if it doesn't want to boot maybe it helps..

Also maybe one of these from fastboot:
fastboot oem edl
fastboot reboot-edl
fastboot reboot edl

Also might try fastboot reboot bootloader and re-do flash-all.bat

Last edited:

pr0kewl

Dec 12, 2017
I really like to help you, because I know it's a very nice phone, and it cost quite a bit of money.

Try this, it should work normally, no matter what..

Tho, I'm not sure, I think you need to wait for International MSM, if you have Europe version , this would work, check the page for updates, i'm afraid there are no other solutions, cause I couldn't boot into Android, because of fooling around with a ViPER module. And so I extracted firmware payload.bin file into individual .img files to flash with Fastboot, but I had 'Remote Failed' error, which means it didn't let me flash the .img firmware files, .. so I couldn't get MSM to work too, .. but I managed to get it working..

So listen up..

Step 1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.4217855/

Download the , https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145715322

OOS 10.5.2

Step 2: Boot into Fastboot (Bootloader), then reboot again to Fastboot (Bootloader)

Now turn your device off, and wait 20 seconds.

Now hold, Volume + and - buttons together for a while!

Normally it's 5 seconds and more..

But if you don't have the EDL Qualcomm drivers installed yet, you might need to press longer..

So now, open Device Manager in Windows 10!

So, you rebooted fastboot twice, and your phone was off.

Hold volume buttons + and - for minimum 5 to 10 seconds and connect your N100 to the PC with USB Type-C cable ofcourse.

Now look if you see EDL driver listed in 'Ports' section in Device Manager, it's probaly not installed yet.

so -> My device isn't detected

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

Step 3: Now you should have EDL drivers installed and it's named, QDLOADER 9008 in Device Manager.

Now open MSM, MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe from the package, I told you to get.

Select 'Other' in the dropdown menu.

Now click start in MsmDownloadTool V4.0

If you rebooted twice to Fastboot and powered off phone.

Now hold + and - Volume buttons for 5 seconds and plug USB to the PC.

it should now download and install the unbrick firmware, as you can see in Progress bar, its forsure doing it's thing for a better.

Cheers, I too love this phone. it's a Futuristic phone ..

Windwell

Jan 15, 2021
I really like to help you, because I know it's a very nice phone, and it cost quite a bit of money.

Tho, I'm not sure, I think you need to wait for International MSM, if you have Europe version , this would work, check the page for updates, i'm afraid there are no other solutions, cause I couldn't boot into Android, because of fooling around with a ViPER module. And so I extracted firmware payload.bin file into individual .img files to flash with Fastboot, but I had 'Remote Failed' error, which means it didn't let me flash the .img firmware files, .. so I couldn't get MSM to work too, .. but I managed to get it working..

So listen up..

Step 1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.4217855/

OOS 10.5.2

Step 2: Boot into Fastboot (Bootloader), then reboot again to Fastboot (Bootloader)

But if you don't have the EDL Qualcomm drivers installed yet, you might need to press longer..

Hold volume buttons + and - for minimum 5 to 10 seconds and connect your N100 to the PC with USB Type-C cable ofcourse.

Now look if you see EDL driver listed in 'Ports' section in Device Manager, it's probaly not installed yet.

If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

Step 3: Now you should have EDL drivers installed and it's named, QDLOADER 9008 in Device Manager.

it should now download and install the unbrick firmware, as you can see in Progress bar, its forsure doing it's thing for a better.

Cheers mate. Thanks a lot for responding and helping me out.

I will try this tomorrow and keep you informed. Crossing fingers it will work!

motovnet

Jan 13, 2021
Cheers mate. Thanks a lot for responding and helping me out.

I will try this tomorrow and keep you informed. Crossing fingers it will work!
Hello,

I’m out of town this week, but I also think the best way to go is the MSMDownload tool in EDL mode.

If for some reason you are not able to get in, you might try to manually flash the img files from the fast boot image I sent you. It should work, but I’m not sure why the bat file didn’t work directly.

If the files are there you can basically run each of them by hand. You can open the bat to see it.

I’ll be back home sunday it seems, I can try to make another image from the payload of the OTA for 10.5.5 I flashed mine with.

Cheers

Windwell

Jan 15, 2021
Good news! I have finally succedeed putting back the OnePlus Nord N100 to its orignal state, with the MSDM tool.
Thank you so much for everyone who have helped me, and I do not know how to repay you lovely gents.
I will now try to root it with magisk with the official unpatched boot image for the N100.

motovnet

Jan 13, 2021
Good news! I have finally succedeed putting back the OnePlus Nord N100 to its orignal state, with the MSDM tool.
Thank you so much for everyone who have helped me, and I do not know how to repay you lovely gents.
I will now try to root it with magisk with the official unpatched boot image for the N100.
Please note the following, download the original zip from oneplus with your current version, then use payload dumper to extract payload.bin, there will be boot.img in it, then use that boot.img with magisk to root it. It works.

Reactions: Windwell

alejandrohR

Nov 1, 2021
I need your help, my damaged device is a Oneplus Nord N100. I am currently trying to install some firmware and it won't let me install it either by fastboot or by adb, I have twrp 3.5.2_11-0 installed and I tried to install the firmware through twrp and my device restarted and tried the ADB sideload commands (name from the directory) .zip and it won't let me, please I need your help I've been putting different commands for 36 hours in a row and I can't enter the truth I'm new to this.

Fr3akyMurk

Nov 15, 2021
OnePlus Nord N100

So listen up..

OOS 10.5.2

Psst, some browsers might not let you download those drivers from microsoft just because they do not want to, if that happens, use Microsoft Edge.

Reactions: alejandrohR

alejandrohR

Nov 1, 2021
Psst, es posible que algunos navegadores no puedan descargar esos controladores de microsoft solo porque no quieren, si eso sucede, use Microsoft Edge.

Thank you very much the truth if it worked for me, also the way you explained to me and left the download links, everything was easy thanks to you, thank you.

Mohammad sahil

Sep 30, 2022
Hi!
I was flashing a custom kernel in my poco f1 device and i flashed wrong kernel, in result of this my phone stuck in fastboot mode and also booting in recovery mode, but not booting in Android, i also visited to service centre, But they could not fix it either

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello lads,

I have been having issues with my OnePlus Nord N100.
    On my fault, I wanted to root with magisk using fastboot. Unfortunately, I had flashed boot a magisk.img which was not compatible with OnePlus Nord N100.
    The phone is currently stuck in Fastboot Mode. I have tried several times to flash boot it back to its original boot.img, unfortunately it does not work.
    Every time I try to go to Recovery Mode, it leads me right back to the Fastboot main menu. I can turn off the phone and reboot it with no issues.
    I believe I have soft bricked it, and I need help recovering it back to it's original state, or better yet root it in a riskless way.

Here is a list of commands and techniques I have tried so far:
    - Fastboot -w
    - Fastboot erase cache
    - Fastboot erase boot
    - Fastboot erase boot_a
    - Fastboot erase boot_b
    - Fastboot boot boot.img (Ends up with a failure)
    - Fastboot flash boot boot.img (Command is successful, but no changes for boot)
    - Tried all combinations keys to go to Recovery Mode (Power button + Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button)

Thank you for helping me out if you can.

Tried changing between active slot ?
    Also flashed the unpatched boot.img to both slots a/b?

fastboot --set-active=a

or:

fastboot --set-active=b

So listen up..

OOS 10.5.2

I was in the exact same situation after flashing boot.img from one plus nord by mistake.

It got so bad it was totally bricked and just got into EDL mode by holding down the up and down volume buttons and holding power on. Even the screen didn't work.

Once that started, MSMDownload tool from the N100 thread worked fine, you downloaded the proper package right?

Which model does it say on the back? This was BE2013.

I think solution for you is a fastboot image, I extracted the payload.bin to .img files and brought it back to life with it and rooted it with magisk.

The boot.img I uploaded here was from Oxygen OS 10.5.5.

If you have fastboot you should 100% be able to boot into EDL mode, just hold down the up and down volume buttons for long time and then the power button

Thanks
    For some reason Qualcomm Mode Edl does not launch whatsoever.
    Please note the following, download the original zip from oneplus with your current version, then use payload dumper to extract payload.bin, there will be boot.img in it, then use that boot.img with magisk to root it. It works.
    Tried changing between active slot ?
    Also flashed the unpatched boot.img to both slots a/b?

fastboot --set-active=a

or:

fastboot --set-active=b
    thank you very much..it revived my oneplus6T