• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stuck in fastboot, no response from mfastboot oem

Search This thread

fabiotk

Jul 3, 2016
I have a moto z3 play (beckham) and always when I boot it first shows the fastboot screen so then I can select start to boot it. Also, when I run (m)fastboot oem <command> the program just stuck with no response. I tried first oem get_unlock_data and nothing. Then tried oem fb_mode_set/fb_mode_clear and also none of these commands return anything, they just get stuck forever... What can be wrong with the device and how to fix it so I can root it? Thanks in advance.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
I have a moto z3 play (beckham) and always when I boot it first shows the fastboot screen so then I can select start to boot it. Also, when I run (m)fastboot oem <command> the program just stuck with no response. I tried first oem get_unlock_data and nothing. Then tried oem fb_mode_set/fb_mode_clear and also none of these commands return anything, they just get stuck forever... What can be wrong with the device and how to fix it so I can root it? Thanks in advance.
Try LMSA's rescue option