Stuck in Fastboot

Search This thread

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey everyone got my Pixel 5 yesterday and unlock and flash Magisk patched 21005 but after flash i’m stuck in fastboot when i presss start nothing happen, if i try to power off it goes back fastboot . I post in the Tutorial tread but haven’t gotten any answer yet .
What’s the procedure to get out of this . I’ve had pixels before but haven’t for a while , kinda rusty .
Thanks

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
HTC 10
Google Pixel 2 XL
What method did you use to flash Magisk? You patched the boot.img with the Magisk app?
To get out of your bootloader loop, flashing the stock boot.img should get out of it, then you could try again. Make sure your SDK Platform Tools is up to date.
Also, if you are on the Android 12 Developers Preview, fastboot boot the patched boot.img instead of flashing it.

Reactions: jawonder

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
What method did you use to flash Magisk? You patched the boot.img with the Magisk app?
To get out of your bootloader loop, flashing the stock boot.img should get out of it, then you could try again. Make sure your SDK Platform Tools is up to date.
Also, if you are on the Android 12 Developers Preview, fastboot boot the patched boot.img instead of flashing it.
No used a patched magisk which was post in one of the guides to unlock and root pixel 5.

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
HTC 10
Google Pixel 2 XL
Could downloading full factory image and extract the boot.img and flash it in fastboot fix this ?.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
Then after you are fixed up, install the new Magisk app. Transfer the boot.img to your phone's download folder. Open up the Magisk app and choose to install. That will give you an option to patch the image. Select that. Navigate to your phone's download folder and select the boot.img . When that's done, transfer the patched image to your PC (in your ADB/fastboot folder makes for the easiest way). After that fastboot flash boot **drag and drop the patched boot.img here**

If you are running the 12 developers preview through, flashing it isn't working yet. You'll have to fastboot boot it for temporary root, and have to do that again every time you reboot. This should be fixed soon though. It might already be. I'm not sure if Magisk v22.0.0 had fixed that yet. I'll know in the next couple of hours when I have time to play with my phone.

jawonder

Nov 29, 2010
Boynton Beach, FL
Ahh!, that’s straight forward . I had pixels phones before so i remember a little .
I’m on android 11 Fi version, just got my phone yesterday and updated it .

Thanks will do that when i get home .

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
HTC 10
Google Pixel 2 XL
Ahh!, that’s straight forward . I had pixels phones before so i remember a little .

Yeah, the game changed after Android 10 got released. I won't get into specifics of why, but devices released with Android 10 and later don't have twrp anymore mostly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could downloading full factory image and extract the boot.img and flash it in fastboot fix this ?.
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
    Then after you are fixed up, install the new Magisk app. Transfer the boot.img to your phone's download folder. Open up the Magisk app and choose to install. That will give you an option to patch the image. Select that. Navigate to your phone's download folder and select the boot.img . When that's done, transfer the patched image to your PC (in your ADB/fastboot folder makes for the easiest way). After that fastboot flash boot **drag and drop the patched boot.img here**

If you are running the 12 developers preview through, flashing it isn't working yet. You'll have to fastboot boot it for temporary root, and have to do that again every time you reboot. This should be fixed soon though. It might already be. I'm not sure if Magisk v22.0.0 had fixed that yet. I'll know in the next couple of hours when I have time to play with my phone.

Yeah, the game changed after Android 10 got released. I won't get into specifics of why, but devices released with Android 10 and later don't have twrp anymore mostly
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone