Stuck in fastboot

Search This thread

Slymi4n

May 14, 2020
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello!

So I wanted to flash Evolution X 5.7, because I had problems with the new version, now it's stuck in the boot logo and it also wiped the recovery?! I'm stuck in fastboot. I tried flashing Orangefox using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img it returns success, no error. Then, fastboot reboot recovery. It reboots, but into the system. After that, I did a hard reset into the recovery with the upper vol. button and it got me back into fastboot. Now I'm clueless...
Thanks for reading.

Additional information:
  • I wiped the data and the system partition before flashing the ROM.
  • I'm using Artix Linux as my OS (I also have Windows 10 x86_64 but fastboot didn't see my phone, even after installing Qualcomm drivers and android_winusb.inf so I stayed with Linux)
  • All commands are ran under superuser privileges (with the su command)

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello!

So I wanted to flash Evolution X 5.7, because I had problems with the new version, now it's stuck in the boot logo and it also wiped the recovery?! I'm stuck in fastboot. I tried flashing Orangefox using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img it returns success, no error. Then, fastboot reboot recovery. It reboots, but into the system. After that, I did a hard reset into the recovery with the upper vol. button and it got me back into fastboot. Now I'm clueless...
Thanks for reading.

Additional information:
  • I'm using Artix Linux as my OS (I also have Windows 10 x86_64 but fastboot didn't see my phone, even after installing Qualcomm drivers and android_winusb.inf so I stayed with Linux)
Search/read about Mi Flash and flashing the stock fastboot/tgz firmwares (general method for all Xiaomi phones, hence guides are not specific to this or that phone and can be found elswhere)

This is the only proper way how you should always return to the stock firmware (it means it will also install back the stock recovery, etc)

Hopefully, you didn't hard brick your phone in which case you would need to look for the paid support from someone with an authorized EDL account

Last edited:
Reactions: Slymi4n

Slymi4n

May 14, 2020
Redmi K20 Pro
Search/read about Mi Flash and flashing the stock fastboot/tgz firmwares (general method for all Xiaomi phones, hence guides are not specific to this or that phone and can be found elswhere)

This is the only proper way how you should always return to the stock firmware (it means it will also install back the stock recovery, etc)

Hopefully, you didn't hard brick your phone in which case you would need to look for the paid support from someone with an authorized EDL account
YES!! IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much

Reactions: zgfg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

Thanks for reading.

Additional information:

YES!! IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much