Stuck LED Notification Issues

Search This thread

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Ugh

I had this issue on my LG G2 where, randomly, the green LED status light would start flashing like there is a notification, when there is none. This is related to the Alarm. I posted this over in the G2 forums and I will post it here.

How to fix:

Clear all Notifications
Turn off Screen
(wait for notification light to blink) [confirm]
Turn on Screen
Go to Clock, disable Alarm
Double tap Status bar / Turn off Screen
(wait for notification light to NOT blink) [confirm] [fix]
Turn on screen and enable your Alarm.

The LED light should no longer blink for no reason.

Really kind of disappointed in the G4 software wise. On my G2, this issue and the lagging/FCing keyboard was huge issues that made me want to upgrade to the G4. Sad to say that even the newer software and newer hardware, these bugs are still present.

Last edited:

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
Ugh

I had this issue on my LG G2 where, randomly, the green LED status light would start flashing like there is a notification, when there is none. This is related to the Alarm. I posted this over in the G2 forums and I will post it here.

How to fix:

Clear all Notifications
Turn off Screen
Turn on Screen

Really kind of disappointed in the G4 software wise. On my G2, this issue and the lagging/FCing keyboard was huge issues that made me want to upgrade to the G4. Sad to say that even the newer software and newer hardware, these bugs are still present.

The only issue I've had regading the blinking lights was if I swiped away a notification from the lock screen and locked it again, it would blink until I pulled down on notification bar. Same thing?

Sent from my G4 using your mom

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Nope. It randomly just starts flashing. I do turn off notifications from facebook and XDA via android system....

Happened twice tonight already since 5pm. During the day I am hammered with work emails, gmails, text, and hangouts so I dont notice it much. But a night when its flashing but there are no notifications, i have to disable the alarm amd reenable to fix it.

Same with my old G2.

Maybe the disabled notifications are turning on the LED notification but android is hiding the actual notifications. I will try reenabling them and disabling them via the apps.

Update:
Clearing those apps in the Sounds and Notification settings menu per app page, did turn the light off. So maybe that is the bug.

It started on my G2 when lollipop update came out. It is easier to disable app notifications this way as they come in by holding the noification and disabling it on the andoid side. I'll report back if thats it.

Last edited:

Rafi1985

Jun 7, 2015
Big problem with led notification

This is the biggest problem in my g4, at least for me.

But i didn't understand what is the connection to alarm? I don't use alarm and still have this stupid bug : (

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Well the alarm toggle is just a quick way to turn it off.

I do think the connection as been found with the Android notification hiding. I havent had the problem reoccur since I "allow all notifications" in the android settings... then turn off notifications within the apps directly.

It seems Androids "hide notifications" isn't doing a great job. It keeps the popups hidden, but still turns the lights on.

Turning off notifications within the Apps may also save battery since the App is still basically polling for updates on the network side, just being blocked from displaying them.

I am still testing but I think I nailed it.

Rafi1985

Jun 7, 2015
Let's be clear.

My problem is not that the LED blinks without any notification.

My problem is that although i read my notification and now have no more any new notification - the led still blinking and i can't stop it.

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Thats the same thing
*same issue i had

Scenerio:
Grab my phone and light is flashing. Check notifications. Clear them. Put phone down. See it blinking still. Pick it up. No notifications. No way to turn it off.

Last edited:

Rafi1985

Jun 7, 2015
Me too

I even think to turn off the led light.

Anyway it's doesn't show the real notification.

Btw, is it problem with LG or with lollipop??

Tnx

Rafi1985

Jun 7, 2015
Ok, maybe there is connection between the alarm and the led notification, because the bug happen to me usually after i use alarm in the morning (alarm clock extreme free from play store).

When i press i VIBRTATE and back to normal ringing it's usually stop the led blinking

Reactions: don_ciccio

Rafi1985

Jun 7, 2015
everyone who have this issue -
1. do u use what'sapp?
2. in which color your LED blinking (without notification)? it it your color alert you choose for what'sapp?

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I dont use WhatsApp. My notification like is green. Only seems to do this at night but I get slammed with emails (corporate phone) and may not notice it during the day.

The only app I use that is not "common" that has notifications is Hello SMS. Otherwise I use messanger, facebook, xda, gmail, stock email, stock alarm.

Anyone use an alternative sms app with this problem?

It also appears to go away eventually after more texting/emails.

Rafi1985

Jun 7, 2015
Usually (!) it's happen to me when i use whatsapp:
When i got picture in whatsapp or if i got both 2 messages in whatsapp - the led keeps blinking.

Sometimes it's happening to me when i use alarm clock free from Google play but now delete this.

What weird is that not of the users have this issues.
Tomorrow i gonna go to the store i bought the device and try to talk with them.

Rafi1985

Jun 7, 2015
PLEASE TEST

this isuue happen to me when i got picture in what'sapp (and in more cases).

can someone try to get a picture in what'sapp on his own device?
remember- after i got picture in whatsapp i turn on the device, saw the picture and turn off the device - but the led keeps blinking.

please if anyone can make a test on his own device- it will help me!!
tnx!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ugh

How to fix:

Clear all Notifications
    Turn off Screen
    Turn on Screen

I found this solution to work. At least for me it is. Double tap the status bar to turn off the screen everytime to stop this issue. Or when the led is blinking just unlock the screen and double tap the status bar to turn it off. Using stock launcher btw.
    Ok, maybe there is connection between the alarm and the led notification, because the bug happen to me usually after i use alarm in the morning (alarm clock extreme free from play store).

When i press i VIBRTATE and back to normal ringing it's usually stop the led blinking
    I use Hangouts, and I get the phantom blinking LED all the time, usually in the evenings. I'll need to pay closer attention. Sometimes a notification will appear on the lockscreen for a split second when I turn the screen on, but disappears almost immediately, and when I unlock, there are no notifications. This could be related.

Also just noticed that the LED blinks blue every time I turn the screen on, but that's probably by design. Seems pretty pointless though, except maybe for diagnosing when your screen goes out...?

My LED lights up Teal when I double tap on (solid). It doesn't do anything when I tap it off.

When the bug occurs, you can instantly tell because the Green LED notification will blink Twice Immediately when turning the screen off, then pulse over 15 seconds or so.

It eventually turns itself off. So again I think there is a disconnect between apps turning it on, reading vs dismissing, or something. I haven't really noticed it lately since the last Verizon Update.
    Hi, for those who use Tasker;
    I've solved the problem with Tasker, no root needed. You'll need to download Notification Listener, which is a plugin for Tasker.
    Tasker: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en
    Notification Listener: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.balda.notificationlistener&hl=en
    I've tested this for weeks, it works.

The settings:
    Create a profile, name it anything you want. This will be used for the app notification that will trigger the LED (You will have to create a profile for each app that you want LED for).
    - Event- UI - Notification
    Application: Whatsapp (OR any other app you use that you want to see LED notification)​

- Add Task (name it anything you want):
    Action- Notification Pulse​
    Set: On​

Create another profile, name it anything you want. This will be used for when the notification is read, swiped away, or closed (The settings for this is different, it allows you to specify several apps you want LED for at once).
    - Event - Plugin - Notification Listener
    Notification event: Removed​
    Apps: Whatsapp (AND any other app you use that you want to see LED notification)​

- Add Task (name it anything you want):
    Action- Notification Pulse​
    Set: Off​
    [Note: This whole thing is to set LED to enabled ONLY when it is there is notification from the app(s) and disable after the app notification is removed from status bar. The Task only enables/disables LED for Downloaded apps. LED notifications for Incoming call, Missed call & messages, and Battery charging will not affected. ]
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone