Question Stuck on 2G

Search This thread

yeh989

Apr 23, 2017
London
Realme GT 2 Pro
I'm in the UK, I have been using the phone for a few days now and I'm finding that it often gets stuck on 2G even when there is 4G available. The only way I can get it back on 4G is to go into the SIM settings and manually search for my provider.

Had anyone else had this problem?

torvalstrom

Apr 21, 2008
I'm in the UK, I have been using the phone for a few days now and I'm finding that it often gets stuck on 2G even when there is 4G available. The only way I can get it back on 4G is to go into the SIM settings and manually search for my provider.

Had anyone else had this problem?
Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the exact same issue here in Denmark on a Samsung S21 Ultra (Android 12) and S22 Ultra (Android 12 and also after upgrading to Android 13)

Dialing *#*#4636#*#* had no effect (just hangs up)

Only manual remidy besides waiting 4-6 minutes, is the one you suggested by searching for other network OR entering flight mode.

Seems to be related to roaming between masts, it doesn't happen when I'm in one location but always when in a bus/train/car, my iPhone 12 with a sim from the same carrier stays perfectly connected throughout (or quickly reconnects to 4G/3G when the signal is back)

Super weird...

yeh989

Apr 23, 2017
London
Realme GT 2 Pro
Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the exact same issue here in Denmark on a Samsung S21 Ultra (Android 12) and S22 Ultra (Android 12 and also after upgrading to Android 13)

Dialing *#*#4636#*#* had no effect (just hangs up)

Only manual remidy besides waiting 4-6 minutes, is the one you suggested by searching for other network OR entering flight mode.

Seems to be related to roaming between masts, it doesn't happen when I'm in one location but always when in a bus/train/car, my iPhone 12 with a sim from the same carrier stays perfectly connected throughout (or quickly reconnects to 4G/3G when the signal is back)

Super weird...
I actually changed to a different network provider and the issue went away, I suppose the phone just doesn't work well with particular suppliers.

Top Liked Posts