Stuck on boot need advice!

Search This thread

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Unit Galaxy SMT800 ANK1 firmware

While working on theming the framework-res.apk and flashing to device. The tablet will no longer boot into the device. Have tried holding the vol down+home+power, Power button only, vol up+home+power. I can not get the device to go into recover were I have a backup rom. Tried odin twrp 2.8.4.0 and device just boots back into normal mode and sits on the Samsung screen. Never had a device I could not shut off and then boot into recovery. Need you help!

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton

While working on theming the framework-res.apk and flashing to device. The tablet will no longer boot into the device. Have tried holding the vol down+home+power, Power button only, vol up+home+power. I can not get the device to go into recover were I have a backup rom. Tried odin twrp 2.8.4.0 and device just boots back into normal mode and sits on the Samsung screen. Never had a device I could not shut off and then boot into recovery. Need you help!

Hi have a read of this http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/qa-blisspop-team-bliss-t2989035/page6
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/rom-blisspop-team-bliss-t2987234/page39

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009

porcelana

Jul 6, 2013
Barcelona
Sorry, none of that worked. Can get into the power off and charge mode with usb cable attached. But still can not get into recovery mode by holding power+vol dn+home.

Anyone know where to get the stock tar for nk1?

Hi,
Unpack your original stock firmware and take from it only the recovery.img file. Pack it now in the .tar format. Then load the new file recovery.tar into your tablet in the download mode by Odin. If your tablet doesn't take the download mode, use resistor JIG of 301 kOm as it is specified here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/how-start-download-mode-resistor-jig-t2999838.

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Finally was able to get into recovery mode after approx. 15 times by holding home+vol up then pressing power. This had to be done while the usb cable was plugged in. Otherwise it would not work. Why this time it worked, I have no idea!

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus

Turning off auto reboot should just flash twrp and not reboot. Then you can reboot into recovery by doing the button combo. Any glad you gotnit fixed and hopefully you can get the theme working

greyhound10

Jan 25, 2015
Hi, I am also stuck on the boot logo screen and have tried power+volume down+home but that only brings me to download mode. I can't seem to get to recovery mode with power+volume up+home no matter how many times I try. I also tried rerooting using odin but that didn't do anything. If it matters, this happened after I went into ultra power saving mode (which turned my screen all black except for the notification panel which didn't have anything except the volume bar and settings button) it looked like my tab was stuck so I rebooted it and now I'm stuck. I tried looking up other solutions but none of the button combos work. Any help would be appreciated.

maxal

Jan 17, 2012
Southampton
Hi, I am also stuck on the boot logo screen and have tried power+volume down+home but that only brings me to download mode. I can't seem to get to recovery mode with power+volume up+home no matter how many times I try. I also tried rerooting using odin but that didn't do anything. If it matters, this happened after I went into ultra power saving mode (which turned my screen all black except for the notification panel which didn't have anything except the volume bar and settings button) it looked like my tab was stuck so I rebooted it and now I'm stuck. I tried looking up other solutions but none of the button combos work. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried what Timberwolf671 did read his 08:20pm post

greyhound10

Jan 25, 2015
EDIT 2: Well... my tablet is functioning but the homescreen is completely black.

EDIT: I managed to enter recovery mode and factory reset/wiped all my data, clicked reboot, showed a screen with Installing applications..., and is now functional! Thanks for replying to me.

Have you tried what Timberwolf671 did read his 08:20pm post

Yes. I have also tried http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/to-event-soft-brick-disaster-t2838473/post54618555#post54618555 It seems like anything with the volume up button doesn't work.

Last edited:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Turning off auto reboot should just flash twrp and not reboot. Then you can reboot into recovery by doing the button combo. Any glad you gotnit fixed and hopefully you can get the theme working

Oh man this thing with the framework-res.apk is driving me crazy. Have tired several version of apktool and all the same. Tablet will lockup on boot. Even with just decompile and recompile without any changes. Tried several of the old tricks of copy the signature and resources to the recompiled apk and it doesn't work either. Have one more trick to try but not today. After having to restore a backup rom 3 times I am done for day.

QwerLoL

Jan 25, 2015
Belgrade
You have to downlad Odin 3 (and other files you will need like OPS and md5 files) just run it as administrator and make sure u checked one package,auto reboot and protect OPS.When it finish your device will probably work :D

greyhound10

Jan 25, 2015
Yes. I have also tried http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/to-event-soft-brick-disaster-t2838473/post54618555#post54618555 It seems like anything with the volume up button doesn't work.

EDIT: I managed to enter recovery mode and factory reset/wiped all my data, clicked reboot, showed a screen with Installing applications..., and is now functional! Thanks for replying to me.[/Q

Glad you got it. Never had a device they wouldn't power off.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that first thing I tried after rebooting to the stuck logo was repeat what I did to get it to function but that only went to a screen that said Installing updates with a blue percentage.

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. My homescreen was completely black after the usual new tablet set-up (notification/menu was fine, even multi window bar OK) so I tried rebooting it again and now I'm back to first base, stuck on the logo. Sigh. Currently downloading the xra firmware to flash it and see how that goes.

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
Oh man this thing with the framework-res.apk is driving me crazy. Have tired several version of apktool and all the same. Tablet will lockup on boot. Even with just decompile and recompile without any changes. Tried several of the old tricks of copy the signature and resources to the recompiled apk and it doesn't work either. Have one more trick to try but not today. After having to restore a backup rom 3 times I am done for day.

Hey can you send me the changes you did on the decompiled framework res? I might give it a try. Thanks.

greyhound10

Jan 25, 2015
You have to downlad Odin 3 (and other files you will need like OPS and md5 files) just run it as administrator and make sure u checked one package,auto reboot and protect OPS.When it finish your device will probably work :D

Thanks. Just flashed it and tried a reboot just in case and the screen is back now.:victory:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Hey can you send me the changes you did on the decompiled framework res? I might give it a try. Thanks.

I make only a few changes in the decompile. Maybe 15 or so pngs and 1 color value in the colors.xml. Compiled and locked up on Samsung screen. Samething for decompile and recompile without any changes. Tried 2 versions of apktool, still have beta 3r to try. My appt.exe is dated 1/13/2013. The only left to do is decompile, edit all the images. Recompile since there are no errors during the process. Then unzip the folders to the desktop, drag and drop all the pngs in each folder to the original systemui.apk. This will work or has worked for those apk's that could not be edited in the past. I am open to anyone has something else to suggest.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

DUHAsianSKILLZ

Aug 6, 2014
Columbus
I make only a few changes in the decompile. Maybe 15 or so pngs and 1 color value in the colors.xml. Compiled and locked up on Samsung screen. Samething for decompile and recompile without any changes. Tried 2 versions of apktool, still have beta 3r to try. My appt.exe is dated 1/13/2013. The only left to do is decompile, edit all the images. Recompile since there are no errors during the process. Then unzip the folders to the desktop, drag and drop all the pngs in each folder to the original systemui.apk. This will work or has worked for those apk's that could not be edited in the past. I am open to anyone has something else to suggest.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I belive that method should work i guess. Um if I am correct, discreet blue theme flashes over the modified folders with the pngs and all that. I think it replaces the old stuff in the systemui and puts in the new one but the apk stays the same just with custom pngs inside of it. Thats my idea on how it works I guess.