Question Stuck on bootloop, please help!

Search This thread

Radiobuzz

Dec 4, 2011
I've been trying to root this phone and I was trying to flash it with a modified boot.img which I did, but now the phone just keeps on restarting. It briefly shows the splashscreen and then reboots again. I can't seem to connect to it via adb, I also tried using the Lenovo recovery tool but it can't seem to connect to the phone. I found that by pressing the down and up buttons it takes a lot longer to reboot. I see the splashscreen and then it goes to black for a while, and then reboots. If you have any idea what could I try I'll really appreciate it!

Reactions: MkosTOPs

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I've been trying to root this phone and I was trying to flash it with a modified boot.img which I did, but now the phone just keeps on restarting. It briefly shows the splashscreen and then reboots again. I can't seem to connect to it via adb, I also tried using the Lenovo recovery tool but it can't seem to connect to the phone. I found that by pressing the down and up buttons it takes a lot longer to reboot. I see the splashscreen and then it goes to black for a while, and then reboots. If you have any idea what could I try I'll really appreciate it!
Hold the volume down button, and press the power button.
This should get you back to the bootloader screen, then LMSA should detect the device.

Reactions: Radiobuzz

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
...I assume I only press the power button once right?...
Well, it can be a little tricky.
You should be able to press and hold both Power and Volume Down buttons, till you see the bootloader screen.
But I usually have better luck if I hold the volume down button, and only press the power button till it seems to be powering down before rebooting.
also can try doing this while connected to PC or wall charger.

Reactions: Radiobuzz

Radiobuzz

Dec 4, 2011
You should be able to press and hold both Power and Volume Down buttons, till you see the bootloader screen.
But I usually have better luck if I hold the volume down button, and only press the power button till it seems to be powering down before rebooting.

Are you 100% sure I don't need to also press the upper button from that same row right? Because for booting into fastboot without using the command was by pressing those three buttons at the same time. I've been trying both ways with no luck still.

I'm sorry, it's a Moto G20 X2128-1.

Radiobuzz

Dec 4, 2011
Yay finally managed to do it! For the record I only had to use the volume down key and plug the usb cable to the pc just at the right time (right about the splash screen disappears). Guess I'll wait until someone post the exact method to gain root. Thanks @sh_shadow!

Reactions: sd_shadow

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Yay finally managed to do it! For the record I only had to use the volume down key and plug the usb cable to the pc just at the right time (right about the splash screen disappears). Guess I'll wait until someone post the exact method to gain root. Thanks @sh_shadow!
Did you verify that the version you had on the device, was the same version LMSA downloaded?
If LMSA had a newer or older build number, the boot.img may cause a bootloop

Radiobuzz

Dec 4, 2011
Did you verify that the version you had on the device, was the same version LMSA downloaded?
If LMSA had a newer or older build number, the boot.img may cause a bootloop

Yes, it was obtained through LMSA so I'm not sure exactly what was the problem. I side effect I'm facing now is that the phone takes forever to start, quite weird!

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is that I flashed boot on fastbootd, maybe I should have flashed it on the bootloader.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Yes, it was obtained through LMSA so I'm not sure exactly what was the problem. I side effect I'm facing now is that the phone takes forever to start, quite weird!

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is that I flashed boot on fastbootd, maybe I should have flashed it on the bootloader.
No, LMSA downloads the newest build on that server.
That doesn't mean it's the same build number that's on your device.
If it's a different build number you need to flash the lmsa version, or the boot.img may not boot correctly.

MkosTOPs

Apr 15, 2018
good afternoon I'm compiling a twrp if it's successful we can create a group and help each other...
and when it happens it's easy just hold the volume + and the power until it starts in fastboot mode I'm going through it because I'm trying to start twrp so for me it solved
and you already unlocked oem?

Radiobuzz

Dec 4, 2011
good afternoon I'm compiling a twrp if it's successful we can create a group and help each other...
and when it happens it's easy just hold the volume + and the power until it starts in fastboot mode I'm going through it because I'm trying to start twrp so for me it solved

Yes it's unlocked. Keep me posted!

Reactions: MkosTOPs

MkosTOPs

Apr 15, 2018
Yes it's unlocked. Keep me posted!
I'm having problems starting any boot.img only stock starts normal I tried vbmeta custom but it didn't finish the flash it crashes. it seems that the smartphone blocks any changes to boot.img and other partitions but i can't solve it too i tried flasing unlock_critical but to no avail

MkosTOPs

Apr 15, 2018

Attachments

• photo1634486322.jpeg
    photo1634486322.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: ajox

mbsoluciones

Oct 24, 2021
Greetings friends, I'm just trying to root a team of these XT-2128-1, I managed to unlock the bootloader. But I cannot find the firmware with the compilation number equal to that of this equipment. I tried a different build number and the machine was in the boot booploop. The process I am doing with magisk. Sorry for my bad English, I use a translator. Greetings from Venezuela

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Greetings friends, I'm just trying to root a team of these XT-2128-1, I managed to unlock the bootloader. But I cannot find the firmware with the compilation number equal to that of this equipment. I tried a different build number and the machine was in the boot booploop. The process I am doing with magisk. Sorry for my bad English, I use a translator. Greetings from Venezuela
What does getvar all say?
Remove the imei before posting.
Code:
 fastboot getvar all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hold the volume down button, and press the power button.
    This should get you back to the bootloader screen, then LMSA should detect the device.
    ...I assume I only press the power button once right?...