stuck on Fastboot (mi a3)

Search This thread

ticmali

Oct 17, 2019
Need help.. cant turn on my Phone.. always stuck at android one Logo and fastboot (when i try hold volume up and power )

i rooted phone (adb,twrp,magisk) . Everything well good, but WIFI didn't work. Then i get in TWRP and maybe deleted partition A and B( :D) i can't get through the Fastboot.

my mi a3 is V10.3.6.0.PFQMIXM version-- and cant Flash it with miflash tool, it says error : can not found file flash_all_lock.bat

now i cant find my device with Adb devices (its says List of devices attached) :(
pls help :/ thank you.

Last edited:

evanB70

May 12, 2016
Dhaka
Xiaomi Mi A3
Going to a service center probably isn't a wise idea. You've rooted your phone - your warranty is gone.

I guess you don't have the right drivers installed OR, the stock rom you were trying to flash had some issues with the flash script. You might want to take a look at this post

Download the correct stock ROM for your device, the .tgz version & flash it with miflash tool. It's important to note that some versions of miflash tool don't work with Mi A series phones for unknown reasons.

Alternatively, if your recovery is working, then you can flash the recovery version of stock rom. It's all available on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marko Indaco

ticmali

Oct 17, 2019
Going to a service center probably isn't a wise idea. You've rooted your phone - your warranty is gone.

I guess you don't have the right drivers installed OR, the stock rom you were trying flash had some issues with the flash script. You might want to take a look at this post

Download the correct stock ROM for your device, the .tgz version & flash it with miflash tool. It's important to note that some versions of miflash tool don't work with Mi A series phones for unknown reasons.
Alternatively, if your recovery is working, then you can flash the recovery version of stock rom. It's all available on this forum.

thx m8

I flashed with Miflash( and writed flash_all_lock.bat), used version V10.3.4.0. and it worked.. wifi working. (my build number say it is V10.3.6) ? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: siamak90

evanB70

May 12, 2016
Dhaka
Xiaomi Mi A3
thx m8

I flashed with Miflash( and writed flash_all_lock.bat), used version V10.3.4.0. and it worked.. wifi working. (my build number say it is V10.3.6) ? :D

Glad to hear you're phone is working fine now :highfive: :highfive:
I think you somehow had your wifi / mobile data on & the phone downloaded the OTA & auto updated itself to the latest firmware, that is V10.3.6.0.

MarcusMario0605

hello,
i was trying to install havoc on mi fresh new mi a3 i got stocked in fastboot. tried everthing but it give a status as "pause" in miflash or bat command.. what to do?
error message in bat command for V10.3.4.0.PFQMIXM_20190815 as in https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oLmwpDsd8ICUPsty46osBReJdcckqvPE please hekp
Set active slot to a first before flashing in MiFlash using command - "fastboot set_active a" (without quotations) in adb command.

elkatronix

Mar 1, 2012
hello,
i was trying to install havoc on mi fresh new mi a3 i got stocked in fastboot. tried everthing but it give a status as "pause" in miflash or bat command.. what to do?
error message in bat command for V10.3.4.0.PFQMIXM_20190815 as in https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oLmwpDsd8ICUPsty46osBReJdcckqvPE please hekp

Try my Procedere,i try it Yesterday and works:

-set SLOT B and install twrp
-then boot to TWRP recovery and Flash TWRP.zip again
-reboot to twrp recovery (Check If you on SLOT B ...)

-wipe Cache,system,Data
-flash Rom HAVOC
-flash TWRP
-reboot in TWRP again,then...

Set SLOT A!

-flash Gapps
-flash FDE
-Format Data
-Reboot to to System and wait when HAVOC done

Reboot to TWRP then Flash and root Magisk 20.2 in SLOT A, Reboot...

Done!

Reactions: Catlish

mewcatchew

Mar 19, 2015
Somerville
tried flashing my mi a3 to stock now stuck in fastboot mode

I finally got miflash to recognize my phone by adding a new folder and naming it "log" and i tried flashing "laurel_sprout_global_images_V10.3.8.0.PFQMIXM_20191012.0000.00_9.0_d099f2839b" ; it said it was flashing and had green progress bar, but it went all the way to 100% after about 600 seconds and i just gave up after 1200 seconds. what am I missing?

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I finally got miflash to recognize my phone by adding a new folder and naming it "log" and i tried flashing "laurel_sprout_global_images_V10.3.8.0.PFQMIXM_20191012.0000.00_9.0_d099f2839b" ; it said it was flashing and had green progress bar, but it went all the way to 100% after about 600 seconds and i just gave up after 1200 seconds. what am I missing?
Just reboot your device when it finishes after 600 seconds. Miflash doesn't tell you that it successfully flashed it it just goes on forever. So just reboot and it will work.

mewcatchew

Mar 19, 2015
Somerville
Just reboot your device when it finishes after 600 seconds. Miflash doesn't tell you that it successfully flashed it it just goes on forever. So just reboot and it will work.

Change the active slot to 'a' and reboot.

it's unable as its in a locked state: 'FAILED (remote: 'Slot Change is not allowed in Lock State
I believe I need to get it into EDL mode. I have no problem taking off the back glass and shorting the pins to do so, but not sure what to do after that point... Set slot to active "a", flash it with miflash with a fastboot stock ROM? Also from what ive read, you can only put thw phone into edl mode once so it's a one shot deal.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2010
it's unable as its in a locked state: 'FAILED (remote: 'Slot Change is not allowed in Lock State
I believe I need to get it into EDL mode. I have no problem taking off the back glass and shorting the pins to do so, but not sure what to do after that point... Set slot to active "a", flash it with miflash with a fastboot stock ROM? Also from what ive read, you can only put thw phone into edl mode once so it's a one shot deal.
Try to unlock bootloader once again through fastboot and after that you can change the slot.

Oct 12, 2019
this command is not working for me it is giving error of unknown command

C:\adb\fastboot.exe: unknown option -- set-active=a
how to solve this?
:crying:

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Set active slot to a first before flashing in MiFlash using command - "fastboot set_active a" (without quotations) in adb command.

on entering this command i am getting a whole lot of command suggestion as this command not working for me. can you tell me what i am doing wrong and what should i do to make it correct.

mewcatchew

Mar 19, 2015
Somerville
C:\adb\fastboot.exe: unknown option -- set-active=a
how to solve this?
:crying:

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

on entering this command i am getting a whole lot of command suggestion as this command not working for me. can you tell me what i am doing wrong and what should i do to make it correct.

managed to get into EDL mode by shorting the pinouts, but still cant flash stock ROM cuz apparently xiaomi has to authorize it (ie i dont have permission to unbrick it). This is the first and last xiaomi phone I'll ever buy - never had a phone where there was no option i had to unbrick it. going to ****in smash it to peices!

Underraino

Dec 25, 2015
I felt sorry that no one did help these people,
go to fastboot and run windows commands in twrp folder and type as following :
- option one:
fastboot devices
./fastboot set_active b
./fastboot erase boot
./fastboot set_active a
./fastboot erase boot
fastboot flashing unlock (optional)
fastboot Flash boot [put twrp name].img or go to mi flash to install stock rom. or unzip the stock rom from bat file run it

or try the second option:
https://ibb.co/w6bcG5g

islam=salam=peace=paix

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I guess you don't have the right drivers installed OR, the stock rom you were trying to flash had some issues with the flash script. You might want to take a look at this post

I guess you don't have the right drivers installed OR, the stock rom you were trying flash had some issues with the flash script. You might want to take a look at this post

thx m8

hello,

Try my Procedere,i try it Yesterday and works:

-set SLOT B and install twrp
    -then boot to TWRP recovery and Flash TWRP.zip again
    -reboot to twrp recovery (Check If you on SLOT B ...)

-wipe Cache,system,Data
    -flash Rom HAVOC
    -flash TWRP
    -reboot in TWRP again,then...

Set SLOT A!

-flash Gapps
    -flash FDE
    -Format Data
    -Reboot to to System and wait when HAVOC done

Reboot to TWRP then Flash and root Magisk 20.2 in SLOT A, Reboot...

Done!
    I cant change to slot a, i get an error that phone is in locked state

I wonder if u could share copy of script

Will try my best

Firstly i did (if i remember correctly) got version 10.3.8 working, but just do got 10.3.13 working

I used:

- Latest ADB, Fastboot platform tools
    - Latest stockrom from official source bigota miui site (can't post link yet)
    - Also try to get version 10.3.12 too cause there is a missing image in 10.3.13 (metadata.img)

1- Create a folder and put inside adb, fastboot tools files
    2- Uncompress stockrom 10.3.13 and put all files including images folder into the folder you create before
    3- Get metadata.img for 10.3.12 and copy it to the images folder
    4- Get a command prompt running and navigate to your folder
    5- Run following command
    Fastboot devices
    Fastboot getvar current-slot
    6- If slot is not A type
    Fastboot set-image a

7- Run script:
    flash_all.bat

Follow what's done and what did succeed without error and script failed
    Make copy of your flash_all.bat and name if flash_#.bat (where # will be 1-9 depending)
    Edit with notepad that new script and remove all succesfull lines
    Reboot back your phone into fastboot pressing (Power + Volume Up) or typing fastboot reboot
    Now repeat step 5-7 but please run your newest version Flash_#.bat

Repeat all that until all script lines completed and phone reboot.