Stuck On Fastboot (SOLVED)

Search This thread

RyogaIgnored

Aug 11, 2019
I tried to uninstall magisk via twrp flashing boot.img but only appeared the fastboot screen, so tried to restore stock rom but still on fastboot

Tried MiFlash, XiaoMI tool v2, MiFlash Pro with so many fastboot roms, flashed custom roms (included the aosp derivates and the latest miui eu) and still no luck, at least twrp and custom recoveries works fine

Please help, I already spent to many days trying to fix it

Edit: Tried to flash vbmeta again and now it works

Last edited:

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
uninstalling magisk is pretty hard nowadays, even when uninstalling via the app (which also flashes the uninstaller)
something is very wrong since you redirect to fastboot

did you format data?

try flashing the vbmeta at the bottom of the post

what were the results when you flashed stock using tools? have you tried fastboot instead of using the gui tools (often verry buggy)

RyogaIgnored

Aug 11, 2019
uninstalling magisk is pretty hard nowadays, even when uninstalling via the app (which also flashes the uninstaller)
something is very wrong since you redirect to fastboot

did you format data?

try flashing the vbmeta at the bottom of the post

what were the results when you flashed stock using tools? have you tried fastboot instead of using the gui tools (often verry buggy)
Basically i tried everything in the guide and other xiaomi guides (Except flashing via EDL), in the gui tools always show as "Success" and via fastboot all seems to be flashed correctly but still got the fastboot screen

Edit: Trying one more time with another vbmeta and instaled dotOS, Now it works

Last edited:

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
just a side note, miui >12.5.x were built to be more picky with everything in general. you mightve been blocked by miuis avb (custom vbmetas workaround this) when you were sent to fastb
hence why twrp 3.6.x includes an advanced installer option (workaround this and other brands)

as for trying to fully uninstall magisk, lots of others (including me) failed lots in the past on 23 and canary (and other forks), reinstalling again seems to fix it

thankfully you got it up and running, tho id recd something other than dot, i and others found it battery heavy for some strange reason ;P

xXchizaXx

Jun 27, 2022
good night in my case what happened to me is that I was cleaning the files see formatting the folders through orange fox recovery, after doing everything quietly I went to install the official rom of miui 12.5, because previously I had a custom rom of android 12 and I saw many problems with said rom anyway. I do a deep cleaning and proceed to install the official rom It gave me a very bad feeling that in the process it will restart in recovery at the end of everything, so I reinstalled the rom and instead of falling into recovery it falls into fastboot and restarts and It does not let you enter the recovery but goes directly to fastboot. The pc detects it as android and the tools only throw that code that it gives in the attached image. please a hand for this poor devil I don't want to lose such a good phone.
Nueva imagen de mapa de bits.png

fonzacus

Jun 23, 2016
30 Seconds From Mars
Xiaomi Redmi 8
good night in my case what happened to me is that I was cleaning the files see formatting the folders through orange fox recovery, after doing everything quietly I went to install the official rom of miui 12.5, because previously I had a custom rom of android 12 and I saw many problems with said rom anyway. I do a deep cleaning and proceed to install the official rom It gave me a very bad feeling that in the process it will restart in recovery at the end of everything, so I reinstalled the rom and instead of falling into recovery it falls into fastboot and restarts and It does not let you enter the recovery but goes directly to fastboot. The pc detects it as android and the tools only throw that code that it gives in the attached image. please a hand for this poor devil I don't want to lose such a good phone.View attachment 5650943
you should make a new thread for this

so many questions

its a very delicate situation youre in. which orangefox? which miui rom? is your os really winxp? what does device manager see your phone as?

xXchizaXx

Jun 27, 2022
you should make a new thread for this

so many questions

its a very delicate situation youre in. which orangefox? which miui rom? is your os really winxp? what does device manager see your phone as?
Fortunately, you can install the Miui through the flash ROM, but unfortunately the Miui 11 version blocked me from starting up again, so I can't put any more ROMs in it.