Stuck on setup wifi connecting even after changing roms

Search This thread

Rarohd

Oct 13, 2017
I had Redmi note 5 whyred with MUI global rom 10.2.1 (Oreo) with unlocked bootloader and rooted with the latest twrp.
After I deemed the latest miui update not worth it so I decided to flash Pixel experience extended on my phone. First I had to flash the latest firmware available (10.3.2.0) on my phone so I can flash the pie version of PEE, first boot got stuck on google logo fixed on a second flash attempt by reflashing twrp img after flashing the firmware. By after I got to the set I noticed the phone not detecting my sim card which was there so I skipped to wifi, the wifi kept searching without detecting any and when I go to advanced wifi setting my mac address and IP are blank ( check included picture). So I tried reflashing the same rom, then tried to flash another rom (bootleggers) but always ended up in the same result, not detecting wifi and can't skip to home screen.
Another solution I tried is flashing persist.img (taken from fastboot rom 10.3.2.0) through orangefox recovery since it should fix the wifi not working but that also failed.
If there is any other option or solution plz let me know, I can't afford to lose this phone, thank you in advance
Picture for the problem included down
E5QHesi.jpg

yxRJsFr.jpg

nNP5uPL.jpg

rtm2000

Mar 6, 2017
Your EFS (+modem) partition is corrupted ...do u have a backup? (TWRP Backup?)...I know this cause I have the same issue....for about 2 months now...Hope you get a fix..

Rarohd

Oct 13, 2017
Your EFS (+modem) partition is corrupted ...do u have a backup? (TWRP Backup?)...I know this cause I have the same issue....for about 2 months now...Hope you get a fix..
I lost my backup after I got a twrp password that encrypted my data and solve it like an idiot by wiping my internal storage. Can I find a way to flash it like persist.img ? or does flashing stock rom via fastboot fix it since it's the only thing I haven't tried yet
Edit: looks like you are right, I have found this methode which I'm gonna try and keep you updated, perhaps we'll be both saved
https://www.theandroidsoul.com/fix-...d-wifibluetooth-issues-restoring-twrp-backup/
Edit2: Didn't do much

Last edited:

rtm2000

Mar 6, 2017
I lost my backup after I got a twrp password that encrypted my data and solve it like an idiot by wiping my internal storage. Can I find a way to flash it like persist.img ? or does flashing stock rom via fastboot fix it since it's the only thing I haven't tried yet
Edit: looks like you are right, I have found this methode which I'm gonna try and keep you updated, perhaps we'll be both saved
https://www.theandroidsoul.com/fix-...d-wifibluetooth-issues-restoring-twrp-backup/

The thing is that I have tried almost all methods available online none seem to work... :(
My only hope is to get it restored by cell phone repair shops as they have access to tool boxes (miracle,umt etc.)..
Lets see what happens...also dont flash miui cause then you wouldnt be able to verify your mi account if the issue doesnt get resolved...you would be completely stuck..

Reactions: Rarohd

Rarohd

Oct 13, 2017
The thing is that I have tried almost all methods available online none seem to work... :(
My only hope is to get it restored by cell phone repair shops as they have access to tool boxes (miracle,umt etc.)..
Lets see what happens...also dont flash miui cause then you wouldnt be able to verify your mi account if the issue doesnt get resolved...you would be completely stuck..

Hello rtm, I fixed mine I'm using a costum tom and it's up and running as it should be.
All I did was flashing the latest fastboot rom via miflash ( flash all bat and kept the bootloader open) and just like that my phone was fixed, only thing to keep in mind is it asked me ofc about my MIaccount which I miraculously remembered the password and the mail.
Hopefully this will be helpful and you'll find your fix soon as I know how much frustrating the situation you're in now.

rtm2000

Mar 6, 2017
Hello rtm, I fixed mine I'm using a costum tom and it's up and running as it should be.
All I did was flashing the latest fastboot rom via miflash ( flash all bat and kept the bootloader open) and just like that my phone was fixed, only thing to keep in mind is it asked me ofc about my MIaccount which I miraculously remembered the password and the mail.
Hopefully this will be helpful and you'll find your fix soon as I know how much frustrating the situation you're in now.
Thanks for the reply...but in my case custom roms just bootloop without any reason...also flashing via mi flash tool gives the antirbpass error even though I flash an anti 4 rom over an antti 4 rom ...no idea y this happens... :(
Anyway good to know ur device got fixed...cheers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone