• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stuck on spinning wheel after flashing Lineage and gapps

Search This thread

Tobias101

May 20, 2018
Hello,
I would like to install Lineage on my OnePlus5T, as the OxygenOS system does not seem to have an option for the Albanian language. Lineage does.
However, since Wednesday July 28, I have been trying and failing. Here are the steps:
1. Unlock bootloader (worked perfectly.)
2. Flash TWRP (No issue there either.)
3. Wipe Data, System, Dalvik, Cache (All okay so far...)
4. Flash Lineage and Gapps (both worked fine). I'm flashing lineage 18, with the pico gapps package for android 11.
5. Wipe dalvik and cache again, then reboot. But I got stuck on the spinning wheel. I had backed up all the data with TWRP, but apparently restoring it won't put me backk on OxygenOS. The backup must've been corrupted when copying to a computer.
I also erased system and vendor with fastboot, which wiped all else from the phone and then I tried again, still no luck.
I have tried flashing OxygenOS again, and that now gives me "zip trebble compatibility error, invalid zip file format".
But all partitions were empty, before flashing the system. What have I done wrong? Or what should/can I try to get the system installed?
Many thanks for any help... Sorry for the long message.

Tobias101

May 20, 2018
Hmm. Did you try without flashing GAPPS? How would your phone behave with system being flashed only?
I feel that could work. However, just before I do, I should ask, does Lineage have the core google apps already installed? Google play, etc? If so, I'll give that a try at my earliest convenience.
Many thanks for the help.

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
Lineage doesn't have anything related to Google. It's totally debloated.
Give flashing without GAPPS a try and you will be able to identify the problem.

Tobias101

May 20, 2018
Lineage doesn't have anything related to Google. It's totally debloated.
Give flashing without GAPPS a try and you will be able to identify the problem.
If this works, how would I be able to get the google apps installed? Would I need to try a different gapps package, maybe?
Many thanks again, and sorry for all the questions.

KeinePanik

Aug 1, 2020
If this works, how would I be able to get the google apps installed? Would I need to try a different gapps package, maybe?
Many thanks again, and sorry for all the questions.
It's always worth an attempt to boot after flashing system only. If your phone boots you should reboot to recovery and flash your Gapps. Hopefully your phone wool boot again then.

Tobias101

May 20, 2018
Hello,
The system booted without gapps, but didn't boot with it. So I downloaded the nano package, which was the only other available one for android 11, and it now works flawlessly.
Many thanks for all the help!

Reactions: KeinePanik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    The system booted without gapps, but didn't boot with it. So I downloaded the nano package, which was the only other available one for android 11, and it now works flawlessly.
    Many thanks for all the help!