• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Stuck on V12.0.8.0.RKIEUXM

Search This thread

K2rool

Aug 18, 2016
Hi, I've had my M11 lite 5G for a week or so, ever time I go to updates it just returns no update available, I know V12.0.8.0.RKIEUXM isn't the lastest.

Anyone got any idea how to force it to update.

shokmah

Sep 8, 2008
Moto G 2014 LTE
LeEco Le 2
Hi, I've had my M11 lite 5G for a week or so, ever time I go to updates it just returns no update available, I know V12.0.8.0.RKIEUXM isn't the lastest.

Anyone got any idea how to force it to update.
never got proposal so I downloaded ota blob for RKIEUXM by fetching link at https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/renoir/ .
if you haven't yet, by touching multiple time on miui logo in update app you can unlock the option to chose a file to update from .

kestrelv2

Dec 2, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Why do you want the update? it breaks stuff just like every other MIUI update. Cant wait till we get a TWRP and some custom roms so i can get away from this MIUI mess.

version-x

Jun 27, 2021
@kestrelv2 that's true, i was on V12.0.8.0. fastboot clean install of v12.5 and some features were missing. Went back to V12.0.8.0. But 12.5 feels and looks alot more robust, I would recommend it for stability if 1 or 2 features are not of your concern. And i should point out the camera is unusable on V12.0.8.0, fixed on 12.5 -> for some thats more than enuf reason to update.

kestrelv2

Dec 2, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
@kestrelv2 that's true, i was on V12.0.8.0. fastboot clean install of v12.5 and some features were missing. Went back to V12.0.8.0. But 12.5 feels and looks alot more robust, I would recommend it for stability if 1 or 2 features are not of your concern. And i should point out the camera is unusable on V12.0.8.0, fixed on 12.5 -> for some thats more than enuf reason to update.
For me the hotspot is an issue and I doubt the update addressed it. I use it every day and when I turn on a 5ghz hotspot if I disconnect it and turn it back on it turns itself off a couple of seconds after turning it on and won't let it stay on until I either switch to 2.4ghz or reboot the phone. It's a real pain in the ass.
Every Xiaomi device iv ever had has had little bugs that never get fixed and don't seem consistent among other users, my last one wouldn't even stay enabled with 5ghz WiFi and it also had a problem where mobile data suddenly wouldn't work until after rebooting there were some on the Xiaomi forum that had the same issue but other people didn't. MiUI is a load of trash and updating for me is a waste of time as it will only introduce some other bug and be a pain to go back.

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

kestrelv2

Dec 2, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
the only bug I have faced so far is "one hand mode" shortcut not working after a while but same for all MIUI version 1.2.0.8-1.2.5.3 EEA
Have you tried the 5ghz hotspot bug that I described? It wouldn't surprise me tho if you didn't have the same thing. As I said the bugs in MiUI don't appear to be consistent among each device which is another reason MiUI is so bizarre.

K2rool

Aug 18, 2016
I did manage to update to the last version switching the region from UK to Ireland, but had to return the phone for a refund a few days later the screen stopped working.

The phone seem not bad for the few days I had it, one thing I did noticed the battery life and idle drain was a bit rubbish.