• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Stuck on Windows 11 Windows Insider without any updates

Search This thread

SmileBigNow

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I got Windows 11 when they were testing it in windows insider, even though my PC isn't eligible, they ended it and I can't and won't continue getting Latest windows 11 updates, oh I can't even leave Windows Insider without doing a clean install, so my question is how can I get on the latest Windows 11 update without the need of doing a clean install?

Last edited:

MastNi

I got Windows 11 when they were testing it in windows insider, even though my PC isn't eligible, they ended it and I can't and won't continue getting Latest windows 11 updates, oh I can't even leave Windows Insider without doing a clean install, so my question is how can I get on the latest Windows 11 update without the need of doing a clean install
Ok thanks

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
I got Windows 11 when they were testing it in windows insider, even though my PC isn't eligible, they ended it and I can't and won't continue getting Latest windows 11 updates, oh I can't even leave Windows Insider without doing a clean install, so my question is how can I get on the latest Windows 11 update without the need of doing a clean install?
After seeing whole lots of forums and now knowing my i7-6700 was an unsupported CPU and I was never going to get win 11, I still signed up to the windows insider program.
Even then, I tried to install the beta from the insider program to install it and same CPU notification and installation blocked. That was about 4pm. Later in the evening about 4 hours l8r I did my usual check for updates on my win 10 and it started to DL a few 10 updates then all of a sudden said windows 11 upgrade is available, download? So I did and it installed without any hassle and really quickly as well. 30min maybe and then did a few minor subsequent updates to 11 such as security after. Compared to over an hour to do a recovery install (without deleting files option from boot media) of 10 when you're having issues. A few hours almost to install 10 if you're doing a complete wipe and install.
Now I'm sorry, but I'm not actually replying to help with your problem lol, cos I was going to do the registry edit method (but didn't end up needing to) so had already done all my backups and recent restore point just a few hours prior. Lol.
I wanted to ask is that how you got your win 11 or similar process? I only signed up to the windows insider program several hours earlier which had still said no install to my PC and all of a suddenly a fully operational and what appears to be non-buggy version became available and installed itself on my unsupported CPU PC. Now I will add, of ALL the criteria the unsupported CPU was the only factor not met when I tried to install b4. So really I'm just a bit confused how it became available, seems to be operating just fine, contrary to all advice and even discussions just hours earlier by MS moderators on official MS website saying it will never install on unsupported CPU just like that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.