STUMPED on how to downgrade after GMS failure

Search This thread

Rippieus

• Dec 26, 2020
    Like to see if anyone may have a solution on how to downgrade back to EMUI 10 after a successful play store installation that eventually failed, I can not run any apps on the phone and can not upgrade. The p40 pro is an ELS-N04 C992 with EMUI 11.0.0.130.

I tried HiSuite with no luck, just the "no internet connection" and made sure the windows 10 firewall was open, it was. The firmware finder on my p40 is version 9.9.2 and most if not all the packages I check says the firmware was removed from the server!. I also tried to restore the phone from a few backups via USB but the phone does not recognize the files from the backup.

Ultimately what my goal is is to get back to the phone's original version of 10.1.0.183. Love some help on this and if someone has a solution man I would love to hear it!

Rippieus

• Dec 26, 2020
    If that's the case, (and I just read that) can you do an upgrade to a higher version or re-load googlefier to get it to work again?

weakspell

Dec 8, 2020
    Need usb adaptor. Download firmware for your device and region and downgrade via recovery options (hold power + volume up). Then use googlefier

weakspell

Dec 8, 2020
    Thanks weakspell, but if firmware finder doesn't supply the firm wear how do I get it?
    download firmware you need off one of the many different firmware websites... might cost you 2usd or thereabouts. E.g. i found mine ELS-N29 10.1.0.114 (C636)... but thats for my specific model and region, so be careful to choose the right one or you could brick your phone

Rippieus

• Dec 26, 2020
    download firmware you need off one of the many different firmware websites... might cost you 2usd or thereabouts. E.g. i found mine ELS-N29 10.1.0.114 (C636)... but thats for my specific model and region, so be careful to choose the right one or you could brick your phone
    Oh, never knew that, ill give it a try so thanks man and ill post with my results.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone