Stupidest Tech Questions You've Ever Been Asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FromiOSToAndroid

Jun 26, 2012
This is not that stupid, but really happened at the apple store today:

I was looking just for fun at the iPhone 5 and browsing the web on my Galaxy S2, when a customer asked me what phone I was using, etc. I told him everything, and after he went through all the features on my phone(Creepy, yes!) and used Google now and was totally in shock how awesome the phone was, he showed my phone to the Apple Genius. He LITERALLY spazzed out on the genius saying that the iPhone was overpriced, etc and walked out of the store.
10 Minutes later, the same Genius guy comes to me, and asks me to leave the store. I wasn't surprised as 3 people did the same thing by looking at my phone.

After a few minutes, I was walking in the mall and the same guy got a Galaxy S2 from Bell and came to me. I was shocked. He was nice enough to tell me if I would accept $50 from him and I said no. He said it was the best phone decision he ever made, LOL.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ichigo

May 30, 2012
Nowhere
Well another kid in my class has a kindle fire, and on the way to a soccer game, a kid asked him...
Kid:"Did you jailbreak your kindle"
Him"No"
Kid"Well, it is some pretty advanced stuff. Most kids my age(14) wouldn't be smart enough"
I didn't say anything, but I was holding myself back from screaming. Seriously?! Jailbreak an Amazon OS device:)p ;))
Kids at my school freaked out when they saw I had temple run on my kindle before it came out on Amazon.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

85gallon

Feb 12, 2012
BFE
A friend yesterday was showing something on his Droid X to an iPhone type. The iPhone guy looked at the phone and noticed it was different from his. He asked what phone it was. The guy said a Motorola. The iPhone guy says "hmmm. Is that a 4 or 4S?" Witnessed with my own eyes and ears! LOL

Reactions: Slender Troll

VaderSKN

Apr 22, 2011
Stockholm
This is not that stupid, but really happened at the apple store today:

I was looking just for fun at the iPhone 5 and browsing the web on my Galaxy S2, when a customer asked me what phone I was using, etc. I told him everything, and after he went through all the features on my phone(Creepy, yes!) and used Google now and was totally in shock how awesome the phone was, he showed my phone to the Apple Genius. He LITERALLY spazzed out on the genius saying that the iPhone was overpriced, etc and walked out of the store.
10 Minutes later, the same Genius guy comes to me, and asks me to leave the store. I wasn't surprised as 3 people did the same thing by looking at my phone.

After a few minutes, I was walking in the mall and the same guy got a Galaxy S2 from Bell and came to me. I was shocked. He was nice enough to tell me if I would accept $50 from him and I said no. He said it was the best phone decision he ever made, LOL.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'll do the same then, if I find an apple store :p

Well another kid in my class has a kindle fire, and on the way to a soccer game, a kid asked him...
Kid:"Did you jailbreak your kindle"
Him"No"
Kid"Well, it is some pretty advanced stuff. Most kids my age(14) wouldn't be smart enough"
I didn't say anything, but I was holding myself back from screaming. Seriously?! Jailbreak an Amazon OS device:)p ;))
Kids at my school freaked out when they saw I had temple run on my kindle before it came out on Amazon.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

I started with rooting when I was 11-12 :D

Sent from my Jaffa Cake using XDA App

Last edited:

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
My friend has the same phone that I have. And at school we were showing each other stuff on them one day, before class.
So my friend pulls out his S and my other friend (who also had trouble using iTunes and getting songs onto that little Nano of hers) asks him "Is that an iPhone? :eek:"

-_-

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

XxStatiX

Nov 5, 2012
Mumbai
This Blackberry fanboy in my school was running around saying YAYY MY BLACKBERRY IS TURNING ANDROID SOONN! IT JUST GOT SHAZAM :eek:

Hahha,i won't force you to believe me but i really got that :cowboy:

BhawaniSingh

Aug 8, 2012
Pathankot
Few days ago when I need to change my laptop hard drive. I called my vendor's customer care.
Me: I need to change my hard drive
CC: why ?
Me: its failing and when I diagnose it it gives me the list of bad sectors present in the hard drive.
CC: which windows are you using?
Me: I am not using windows. I am using Ubuntu.
CC: what is that, never heard of it
Me : What The f**k?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    m0Ezx.jpg
    This happened a couple of years ago. A friend of mine (blond female, 18)

F = Friend
    M = Me

(MSN conversation)

F - How do i (something, can't remember)
    M - Open your browser.
    F - What's that?
    M - It's your internet browser
    F - Internet browser?
    M - Yes
    F - Where do i find that?
    M - Fine, open Internet Explorer
    F - I've opened Google. Where do i find Internet Explorer?

facepalm.jpg
    Me: *showing my friend Google Wallet*
    Friend: Woah! That's so cool. Can you put that on my iPhone?
    Me: Nope, it's only for some Android phones
    Friend: Don't lie to me! There is nothing an iPhone can't do that an Android can!
    Me: .... Ohh, I'm sorry. Can I see your phone, I might be able to get it?
    Friend *hands over phone*
    Me: *takes a look* I'm sorry man, you're getting an ID 10 T error. It affects all iPhone users.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    So can't you just Photoshop the video to be HD?
    So today I went to a supermarket where they know me just a little too well. And while I was ready to check out the terminal suddenly broke down with an unknown error.

A moment later the manager comes over to see if he can do something. Immediately he looks at me and with an exasperated sigh says... "Please tell me you didn't root it."
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone