Stuttering while scrolling

Search This thread

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
I absolutely love my Pixel 4 XL. However, I am experiencing stuttering while scrolling, for instance the Google News app, or even just the native wallpapers selection. I have 90Hz forced, but the same happens if I switch that off. Scrolling up and down my app drawer on the Pixel launcher, by contrast, is really smooth. Has anyone experienced this? If so, have you found a fix?

dobberl33t

Jan 8, 2015
Having the same issue with a lot of apps such as Reddit and other apps/sites with long feeds. It's not terrible but still noticeable.

I just got my phone 2 days ago. Hoping it's not an overall hardware/screen issue. I was trying to set up one of my apps and got an error. The screen started flickering bad with the error message.

Same as you loving the phone so far but thinking if I should get a replacement.

Reactions: StrangerWeather

spuri78

Oct 2, 2007
Bris Vegas
Believe it or not, I've been plagued with this problem as well. It only happens in the pixel live wallpaper app for me. I have rma'd twice but still have the scrolling lag. I have done a factory reset as well. It doesn't happen when you first set up the phone. I don't know if there's anything else I can do. Either I'd have to live it and hoping an update would fix it or return the phone for a refund and get a different phone. This is so bizarre.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No issues here.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I have this problem with only 1 app and it's feedly

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Having the same issue with a lot of apps such as Reddit and other apps/sites with long feeds. It's not terrible but still noticeable.

I just got my phone 2 days ago. Hoping it's not an overall hardware/screen issue. I was trying to set up one of my apps and got an error. The screen started flickering bad with the error message.

Same as you loving the phone so far but thinking if I should get a replacement.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone