Stylus recommendations?

Search This thread

bcc5464

Jun 12, 2016
Jot Pro

I'm looking to purchase a stylus for note taking, drawing, and photo editing. I want the best precision possible. What are you guys using?

I'm using the adonit jot pro pretty happily right now. It has great build quality, but is about $30. It does take a little getting used to versus an active stylus. I recommend it. Don't expect results like something with a wacom style screen such as the note devices.

cosmos7

Dec 25, 2011
Honestly if you want the best precision you need to buy else that has a Wacom digitizer layer built in. I personally cannot stand the clumsy precision and lack of pressure sensitivity on a non-stylus-enabled tablet. Tab S2 is a great tablet, but it's not meant for what you want to do.

Reactions: MS3GT1

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
True. Get a surface 3 or a note 10 2014 model. Really sucks this tablet lacks stylus support.
The Tab S2 doesn't lack "stylus support". It lacks "stylus hardware"!!! And most of us don't want to pay extra for that hardware. The difference a "Galaxy Note" and a "Galaxy Tab" has always been that the "Note" has the mesh screen behind the display that is necessary to detect the "electronic stylus". That makes the "Note" more expensive than the "Tab" and most of us don't want to pay that extra money.

Last edited:

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
The Tab S2 doesn't lack "stylus support". It lacks "stylus hardware"!!! And most of us don't want to pay extra for that hardware. The difference a "Galaxy Note" and a "Galaxy Tab" has always been that the "Note" has the mesh screen behind the display that is necessary to detect the "electronic stylus". That makes the "Note" more expensive that the "Tab" and most of us don't want to pay that extra money.
Stylus support can mean software or hardware.

The Note 10.1 2014 and Galaxy tab A cost less than the tab s2.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Stylus support can mean software or hardware.

The Note 10.1 2014 and Galaxy tab A cost less than the tab s2.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Sorry, but the tone of your reply (it's a shame), implied that it would be easy for Samsung to include the "support". But because the S2 lacks the necessary "hardware", that is untrue.

And, yes, the Note 2014 cost less than an S2. I know because I sold mine in order to buy my first S2. I very seldom used the stylus and wasn't sorry to lose its functions. But the S2 runs circles around the previous gen Note 2014. That's why it cost more.

Also, the much rumored Note 2015 never came out, because, IMO, there simply wasn't enough demand for stylus to warrant it.

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
Sorry, but the tone of your reply (it's a shame), implied that it would be easy for Samsung to include the "support". But because the S2 lacks the necessary "hardware", that is untrue.

And, yes, the Note 2014 cost less than an S2. I know because I sold mine in order to buy my first S2. I very seldom used the stylus and wasn't sorry to lose its functions. But the S2 runs circles around the previous gen Note 2014. That's why it cost more.

Also, the much rumored Note 2015 never came out, because, IMO, there simply wasn't enough demand for stylus to warrant it.
My tone? Lol. I never implied anything. I said it sucks Samsung didn't include stylus support. If you rarely use a stylus then there would be no need to purchase a note like you did.
In an early reply, you mentioned the note cost more than the tab. The specs are not that far away from each other for a 2 year old tablet.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
My tone? Lol. I never implied anything. I said it sucks Samsung didn't include stylus support. If you rarely use a stylus then there would be no need to purchase a note like you did.
In an early reply, you mentioned the note cost more than the tab. The specs are not that far away from each other for a 2 year old tablet.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
Comparing the price of a current generation tablet with one two years old just isn't fair. If you compare the price of a same generation tab and note, the note ALWAYS cost more. And, as I stated, the "shame" wording implied it whether you intended it to or not.

MKosh

Nov 10, 2007
I think there is a stylus version (S Pen) in Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2016, different from standard Tab A of course (not sure if it's available in all markets). It's much worse tablet in other specifications (screen resolution, SoC, RAM, ...)than Tab S2 but if you need an inexpensive pen tablet...

There are some Asus Zenpad with stylus hardware if you need more options.

I don't need stylus hardware. I use ultra cheap BIC Cristal Stylus (less than 2 euro) that of course can't be compared to Samsung S-pen!.

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

indelibo

Nov 14, 2010
Tried the Adonit Mark and it didn't work half the time. Cosmonaut is now my favorite stylus.

Jeeviaz

Jan 17, 2018
I am interested in the Asus Tablet with the Z Stylus, but I am not sure about the quality. Does the preasure sensibility works well?
I've been searching unstopable for a week and still have no idea of what I'll buy :(

(It's for drawing, and the quality of the pen is very important for me)

C0BRA01

Apr 5, 2009
Mill Creek, Washington
I am interested in the Asus Tablet with the Z Stylus, but I am not sure about the quality. Does the preasure sensibility works well?
I've been searching unstopable for a week and still have no idea of what I'll buy :(

(It's for drawing, and the quality of the pen is very important for me)

Now you can get a TAB S4 or Tab S6 Both come with S-Pens. Isn't progress wonderful. Now just get some deep pockets for that TAB S6.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly if you want the best precision you need to buy else that has a Wacom digitizer layer built in. I personally cannot stand the clumsy precision and lack of pressure sensitivity on a non-stylus-enabled tablet. Tab S2 is a great tablet, but it's not meant for what you want to do.