Substratum + Andromeda for LG V40?

Search This thread

XxTripleBeamxX

Dec 1, 2010
Lemoore
Not a big fan of the themes that LG offers. I was using Substratum + Andromeda on my Galaxy S8 Active and loved it. I'm wondering if Substratum + Andromeda will work on the V40?

RedZero144

Aug 10, 2012
It works kind of. I use Swift dark and it themes all the Google apps but not any of LG's system apps. I haven't encountered any bugs or issues so far.

SaintlySins

Dec 19, 2011
Chicagoland, USA
I have an issue with the LG Icons.
I downloaded two Icon packs, changed them for a week, enjoyed it, but decided to change again.
Now regardless of any Icon pack choice, I only get half the Icons to change. Not even if I go back to stock version ... the half that don't convert back are now just an outline of the Icon and I can't find a way to convert them at all.

nyttliv7

Dec 27, 2010
Dallas Fort Worth
I downloaded two Icon packs, changed them for a week, enjoyed it, but decided to change again.
Now regardless of any Icon pack choice, I only get half the Icons to change. Not even if I go back to stock version ... the half that don't convert back are now just an outline of the Icon and I can't find a way to convert them at all.

I experienced the same thing. Did a smart clean and restarted my phone. Worked!

Reactions: SaintlySins

nyttliv7

Dec 27, 2010
Dallas Fort Worth
Thank you ... but sadly, it didn't work for me.

It seems as if I lost the stock Icons altogether. :confused:

If I don't figure it out soon, I may factory reset the phone while I'm still exploring it and tweaking it.

That's "bull" :(
And on top of that, I can't purchase anything in Smartworld? It's not even available any more, the themes you pay for, I mean.
Have you checked so all permissions and "Modifie System" and "Install Unknown Apps" are granted?

SaintlySins

Dec 19, 2011
Chicagoland, USA
That's "bull" :(
And on top of that, I can't purchase anything in Smartworld? It's not even available any more, the themes you pay for, I mean.
Have you checked so all permissions and "Modifie System" and "Install Unknown Apps" are granted?

I really don't understand it either. I've done all the above, yet, you no avail.

I found a free Home Screen & Icon App I like. I'll stay with that for a while till I figure out how to get the Stock Icon back.

Aug 7, 2013

I use Whicons. They're perfect for dark wallpapers, etc.

Reactions: ThE SkEpTiK

ThE SkEpTiK

Mar 24, 2011
Same here. Though, oddly half my icons are stuck from the first set I tried from Smartworld. I cannot seem to recover the stock icons as of yet.... :confused:

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Nice find! Downloading.
:good:

M.samy

Nov 30, 2015
Cairo
System UI crashed

I've tried it with 2 different themes and System UI crashed twice and had to do a factory reset.
Luckily i had this phone for 1 day so i didn't have much data anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I experienced the same thing. Did a smart clean and restarted my phone. Worked!
    I really don't understand it either. I've done all the above, yet, you no avail.

I found a free Home Screen & Icon App I like. I'll stay with that for a while till I figure out how to get the Stock Icon back.

Me too! I use CPL! A very good pixel launcher :)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone