[Substratum] Edge Light Overlays

alienator88

Aug 26, 2009
SLC

Edge Lightr
Via this substratum theme you can change the edge light notification to a few colors and custom image textures. Some are shown as examples above.

Colors:
-Orange
-Pink
-Purple
-Red
-White

Custom Textures:
-Galaxy
-Honeycomb
-Tech
-Kamehameha

How to apply overlays:
1. Select the desired edge light
2. Build and install
3. Reboot
4. Substratum > Manager Tab
5. Select the overlay and enable it.

Download:
Find the most recent release on my GitHub

Changelog
1.0 - Initial Build
2.0 - Fix for newer versions of OOS
2.1 - Some internal fixes

Attachments

Last edited:

freakzapster

Jan 29, 2013

Edge Lightr
Via this substratum theme you can change the edge light notification to a few colors and custom image textures. Some are shown as examples above.

Colors:
-Orange
-Pink
-Purple
-Red
-White

Custom Textures:
-Galaxy
-Honeycomb
-Tech
-Kamehameha

How to apply overlays:
1. Select the desired edge light
2. Build and install
3. Reboot
4. Substratum > Manager Tab
5. Select the overlay and enable it.

Download:
Apk file is attached to the post

Changelog
1.0 - Initial Build
FAbulous was waiting for something like this .....:victory::victory::victory::victory:

one request if u can increase looping time like LED notification ???

alienator88

Aug 26, 2009
SLC
FAbulous was waiting for something like this .....:victory::victory::victory::victory:

one request if u can increase looping time like LED notification ???
I haven't been able to find where the system handles the notification animation settings yet. Currently it only starts showing the image from the center and stretches it out to reach the top and bottom.
If anybody has any ideas what part of the OS handles that, much appreciated.

Reactions: Pfeffernuss

andyslapz

Oct 8, 2013
SoCal
I downloaded the apk and when I try to run it, I get a "Can't open file" error. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong because I have active substratum themes.

T-Mobile variant converted to 9.5.7.GM21AA with root, Magisk, substratum.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs

Reactions: former_tarheel

Hunter3U

May 19, 2014
That Kamehameha option looks cleeeeaaaannnnn. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

I downloaded the apk and when I try to run it, I get a "Can't open file" error. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong because I have active substratum themes.

T-Mobile variant converted to 9.5.7.GM21AA with root, Magisk, substratum.

Thanks in advance.

It is probably getting blocked by Play Protect. Try going into the play store to see if it is listed there and allow the application to install.

andyslapz

Oct 8, 2013
SoCal
That Kamehameha option looks cleeeeaaaannnnn. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

It is probably getting blocked by Play Protect. Try going into the play store to see if it is listed there and allow the application to install.
I checked and it "looks good."
I figured it out though. My issue was that I clicked too fast and downloaded the apk twice. I was trying to run the apk from my Downloads instead of the XDA folder, giving me an error for some reason.

Everything works just fine now.
Thanks.

alienator88

Aug 26, 2009
SLC
I checked and it "looks good."
I figured it out though. My issue was that I clicked too fast and downloaded the apk twice. I was trying to run the apk from my Downloads instead of the XDA folder, giving me an error for some reason.
Everything works just fine now.
Thanks.
Awesome, glad you got it worked out man :)

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
I haven't been able to find where the system handles the notification animation settings yet. Currently it only starts showing the image from the center and stretches it out to reach the top and bottom.

It would be great if edge lighting being persistent, because now flashes just for one cycle the disappears.

Normal people don't stare at their phones all day hoping to catch a glimpse of a notification.
The edge lighting is pretty useless as it is stock.

Hope someone can help and figure out how to get to working being persistent.

Thanks for the effort I'm definitely going to try it as long received my device.

Sent from my V1821A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pfeffernuss

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
Okay this is the coolest thing! Just installed it and it looks great! I use the dark theme with red accents on my 7 Pro, so the red edge lighting is perfect! Thanks!

memocatcher

Dec 22, 2013
Renovate Ice 3.0 can now loop the Horizon light animation. You may want to contact the devs.

Last edited: