[Substratum] Edge Light Overlays

Search This thread

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007
Does this lighting effect repeat or does it just come on when you get a notification?

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007
So i installed it and the lighting only came on when i got the notification. It never repeated. what is the repeat interval if there is one?

aksh2143

Jun 25, 2019
I'm not sure how to install application and change light. Help please

Last edited:

Deacon-Frost

Jun 11, 2011
Android Wear
I only get 1 notification if i double tap the screen to see it. what are your settings for edge lightr and plus beat?

The settings for each app are normal, nothing special. Sometimes the notification is repeated, sometimes not. I think there will be some work on development side necessary to make the notification repeated. As for now I can't give you any recommendations how to make it constantly work.
For now I have removed substratum coz of some conflicts with Swift installer.

Last edited:

raho78

Aug 17, 2008
It's not working for me. It says I don't have any overlays installed.

Last edited:

wolfsister

Jun 25, 2019
I have kept my phone's animation speeds to .5x. That makes the pulsing edge lighting too quick. Any way to slow it down a bit to enjoy the design?

alienator88

Aug 26, 2009
SLC
I have kept my phone's animation speeds to .5x. That makes the pulsing edge lighting too quick. Any way to slow it down a bit to enjoy the design?
I installed Renovate ICE 3.0 through magisk and use the built-in RICE app to modify how many times the edge light flashes. It's pretty useful when you can force it to flash a bunch of times instead of just once.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Poster_small.png

Edge Lightr
    Via this substratum theme you can change the edge light notification to a few colors and custom image textures. Some are shown as examples above.

Colors:
    -Orange
    -Pink
    -Purple
    -Red
    -White

Custom Textures:
    -Galaxy
    -Honeycomb
    -Tech
    -Kamehameha

How to apply overlays:
    1. Select the desired edge light
    2. Build and install
    3. Reboot
    4. Substratum > Manager Tab
    5. Select the overlay and enable it.

Download:
    Find the most recent release on my GitHub

Changelog
    1.0 - Initial Build
    2.0 - Fix for newer versions of OOS
    2.1 - Some internal fixes
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've been inactive on this for a bit, super busy.
    I didn't have the source with me where I'm at so I just decompiled the apk with apktool, changed some folder naming that broke it initially and uploaded again. I just tested it on my phone which is running latest Beta 13 and it works fine now.

Once I get to the other computer with the source, I'll grab it and upload to Github for you guys to play around with. Or you can just decompile it yourselves with apktool.
    FAbulous was waiting for something like this .....:victory::victory::victory::victory:

one request if u can increase looping time like LED notification ???

I haven't been able to find where the system handles the notification animation settings yet. Currently it only starts showing the image from the center and stretches it out to reach the top and bottom.
    If anybody has any ideas what part of the OS handles that, much appreciated.
    I downloaded the apk and when I try to run it, I get a "Can't open file" error. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong because I have active substratum themes.

T-Mobile variant converted to 9.5.7.GM21AA with root, Magisk, substratum.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
    Could you upload the version you edited that works

I already did, it's in the OP attachments. I deleted the older broken apk and added v2.