• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Substratum for Pixel Devices need root?

Search This thread

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Indeed... As I thought... Andromeda works only on Android Orio... So root will be needed. With root the Substratum overlays become mapped as /system apps.

And even with root, it might just NOT work on Android 12.

Reactions: znel52

znel52

Substratum Lite works on Android 12. Using Liv Dark on it now.
Yeah that is 1 of the themes that is making me consider root so I can use it lol. There was another one I can't remember the name right now but looked pretty awesome. I love custom themes and being able to switch them up after a while so I may end up rooting. Not saying the material you background theming isn't a vastly better option than most phones have but I like things a little more customized.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Yeah that is 1 of the themes that is making me consider root so I can use it lol. There was another one I can't remember the name right now but looked pretty awesome. I love custom themes and being able to switch them up after a while so I may end up rooting. Not saying the material you background theming isn't a vastly better option than most phones have but I like things a little more customized.
Yeah, Liv Dark is an awesome theme. Along with the LIv Dark Poweramp theme.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root is needed. Substratum used to work rootless with Andromeda but no longer on the latest Android versions any more (AFAIK).
    Indeed... As I thought... Andromeda works only on Android Orio... So root will be needed. With root the Substratum overlays become mapped as /system apps.

And even with root, it might just NOT work on Android 12.