[Substratum] No Red in OnePlus Clock - Remove the red 1 from clocks

Search This thread

No Red in OnePlus Clock​

Before.jpg
After.jpg

Exactly as it says, and nothing more. This is a Substratum Theme I quickly brewed together to get rid of that awful red 1 digit that appears in most digital clocks in OxygenOS 11. The following clocks have been altered:
  • Expanded Quick Settings Clock​
  • Lock Screen Clock​
  • AOD Default Clock​
  • AOD Digital 1 Clock​
  • AOD Digital 2 Clock​
I have only tested it on my OnePlus 8 Pro, but it should work on any device running OxygenOS 11, as the only thing it does is edit three color strings. You need Root and Substratum to use it.

Attachments

• No Red in OnePlus Clock Theme 2.2.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 6,705
Last edited:

Miregix

Dec 16, 2015
Finally!
Best module ever for OnePlus 😁
Tested on OnePlus 8T running 11.0.7.10,
working perfectly, thank you!

Miregix

Dec 16, 2015
Updated theme to 2.1 to fix an incompatibility with the Light Mode, which would cause the 1 to become white-on-white in the Expanded Quick Settings Clock. Now it will properly be black-on-white, like the rest of the numbers in the Expanded Quick Settings Clock.

Hey,
I just noticed on my 8T that the color of the rest of the digits of the clock is not a full solid white (like the "themed 1"), but it has slight transparency applied (you can also notice in the AOD that is more towards a very light grey than white, which is also more readable)

Maybe it's a bit of perfectionism and I'm asking too much, but would it be possible to have the "1" of the same color like the rest of the digits?

Thanks again for the great mod!! 😀

Screenshot_20210412-190119~4.jpg

Hey,
I just noticed on my 8T that the color of the rest of the digits of the clock is not a full solid white (like the "themed 1"), but it has slight transparency applied (you can also notice in the AOD that is more towards a very light grey than white, which is also more readable)

Maybe it's a bit of perfectionism and I'm asking too much, but would it be possible to have the "1" of the same color like the rest of the digits?

Thanks again for the great mod!! 😀

View attachment 5277285
Hmm, good point. Didn't even notice that, despite the fact that my screenshot shows off that discrepancy. Interestingly, when it applies the red coloring it does make the 1 fully opaque. So, bottom line, I need to find what transparency value the rest of the numbers are using, and alter these color strings to match.

Reactions: Miregix

decadentisme

Feb 14, 2015
Hmm, good point. Didn't even notice that, despite the fact that my screenshot shows off that discrepancy. Interestingly, when it applies the red coloring it does make the 1 fully opaque. So, bottom line, I need to find what transparency value the rest of the numbers are using, and alter these color strings to match.
I actually have an opposite problem. "1" is too opaque.
Can you provide previous version of APK?

Screenshot_20210421-130329.jpg

Last edited:

decadentisme

Feb 14, 2015
Hmm, that's odd. Those numbers are perfectly opaque. What model of phone are you using? I wonder if this differs depending on the model.
OnePlus 8T (KB2003). Oxygen OS 11.0.8.12.KB05BA
Sorry I took me a while to repond. I've actually managed to create my own substratum theme apk to "fix" it on my device, based on your research, of course.
It looks good on my screen when "op_control_accent_color_red_dark" and "op_control_accent_color_red_light" have no transparency.
If you come up with some solution I'm more then happy to test it on my device.

__kamo

Apr 26, 2021
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

As someone who is colourblind and cannot see red against black, I am incredibly grateful for this. I haven't felt the need to root a phone in years until I bought a oneplus last week and couldn't see what time it was.

What a pathetic gimmick it is to colour every 1 red.

Thank you for sharing your solution. Much appreciated!

Reactions: iamhimay
OnePlus 8T (KB2003). Oxygen OS 11.0.8.12.KB05BA
Sorry I took me a while to repond. I've actually managed to create my own substratum theme apk to "fix" it on my device, based on your research, of course.
It looks good on my screen when "op_control_accent_color_red_dark" and "op_control_accent_color_red_light" have no transparency.
If you come up with some solution I'm more then happy to test it on my device.
Based on the assumption that different devices have different opacity values, I tried to make the theme relative pointers to the color definitions the text normally uses. This caused systemui to crash though, so perhaps I am doing something wrong there. If I am stuck absolute color definitions, I may be forced to just make different versions for different devices.

Hateware

Nov 16, 2016
Hi @MehStrongBadMeh ;

Without expecting anything: is it possible to associate the selected system font to the clock?

Let me explain: the watch always uses the OnePlus Sans.
If I select Roboto, the watch will not be in Roboto but in OnePlus Sans.
If I install the Magisk module to use Google's Product Sans (which replaces Roboto), guess what, the watch will use OnePlus Sans.

Sorry but this font difference is triggering my OCD, terribly.

(I currently use the OnePlus Sans which is used in all apps except Google's. Play Store, Keep, etc, use Product Sans, I wish I could use Product Sans to smooth out this difference because only the clock remains always in OnePlus Sans)

Thanks for your time, your work and any responses.

Last edited:
Without expecting anything: is it possible to associate the selected system font to the clock?
It is almost certainly possible, likely by finding and modifying the layout xml for the lockscreen clock to explicitly point to the OnePlus. That being said, making such a mod to do that is not something I am interested in doing, so I would have to recommend pulling systemui off your device and poking around to find the file that needs to be modified via substratum.

Reactions: Hateware

lollilol

Feb 19, 2019
Xiaomi Mi A2
OnePlus Nord
Hey uhm, im not really a substratum user, am i just supposed to install your apk and then enable in the substratum manager? what is needed after that? is a simple systemui restart enough?
because it sadly doesn't work for me lol
if i get it to work you are a real life saver dude :)

edit: btw my phone is a Oneplus Nord and im running OxygenOS 11.1.1.2 AC01BA
just tell me what infos i need to provide, would be very cool if we get it to work

Reactions: wfred

geogaddi47

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks for this mod, it works great and it's such a relief to not have to endure that horrible red 1 any more. I've noticed a bug in the quick settings clock though. It still displays a second red 1 as shown here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210514-213509.jpg
    Screenshot_20210514-213509.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 398

geogaddi47

Jun 11, 2012
I have reproduced the problem. The quick settings clock still has the red 1 whenever the phone is in dark mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No Red in OnePlus Clock​

Before.jpg
    After.jpg

Exactly as it says, and nothing more. This is a Substratum Theme I quickly brewed together to get rid of that awful red 1 digit that appears in most digital clocks in OxygenOS 11. The following clocks have been altered:
    • Expanded Quick Settings Clock​
    • Lock Screen Clock​
    • AOD Default Clock​
    • AOD Digital 1 Clock​
    • AOD Digital 2 Clock​
    I have only tested it on my OnePlus 8 Pro, but it should work on any device running OxygenOS 11, as the only thing it does is edit three color strings. You need Root and Substratum to use it.
    Updated to version 2.2 to fix the transparency discrepancy in the 1.
    Doesn't seem to work on Oneplus 7T with Android 13. Any solutions/alternatives?
    There's a XPosed/LSPosed module called OPGO that does the same thing. But XPosed is kind of a big install for just one thing. Depends how much the red 1s annoy you.
    Dev deserves a f'n medal for this. Annoys the hell out of me that red one. 😂

Thank you!
    Any chance this can be remade for the newer versions of Android?
    It's not working on Oxygen OS 13.1.
    In either case, it worked wonderfully on my older phone. Thank you!
    EDIT: Please look into reviving this. That LSPosed module mentioned above has ceased development.
    EDIT 2: Now seems to be working for the status bar, notification area, and expanded notification area. The home screen widget and lock screen clock are the only things that seem to still give the red 1s as far as I know.