Subtitles not appearing correctly, OSD issues

Search This thread

ThaDraGun

Apr 25, 2012
I've had this issue for a very long time. I have tried different versions of MX player, I have tried the PRO version too and it always has the same problem. It also has this problem for me on multiple devices.

My subtitles do not appear on the screen when they are enabled. The only way to get them to appear is to bring up the on screen menu (menu with pause, play, skip)

If that on screen menu is up, the subtitles are up. Once that menu disappears after the couple seconds, the subtitles disappear too.

If I need to see a subtitle I have to bring up the menu, and constantly scroll through the menu so it doesn't disappear on me and I can read it. Very annoying!

Also, the on screen menu appears cut off as you can see in the picture. When you press forward or back and it skips the video, that message on the screen also gets cut off at the bottom.

I did the bug report but it wouldn't let me upload log.txt.gz the rest of the files are attached.

Anyone know how to fix this?

TiVo 4k stick
Android TV v9
MX player 1.31.3 (latest in playstore)

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_140823.jpg
    IMG_20210129_140823.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210129_142534.jpg
    IMG_20210129_142534.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 21
  • app_settings.xml
    3.2 KB · Views: 1
  • media_codec.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
  • sysinfo.txt
    840 bytes · Views: 1
Reactions: RayRay10

RayRay10

Apr 26, 2016
I have the same problem. It has something to do with video size, as the problem disappears when you set aspect ratio to manual and reduce vertical or horizontal by just 1 point.

I hope it gets fixed soon...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've had this issue for a very long time. I have tried different versions of MX player, I have tried the PRO version too and it always has the same problem. It also has this problem for me on multiple devices.

My subtitles do not appear on the screen when they are enabled. The only way to get them to appear is to bring up the on screen menu (menu with pause, play, skip)

If that on screen menu is up, the subtitles are up. Once that menu disappears after the couple seconds, the subtitles disappear too.

If I need to see a subtitle I have to bring up the menu, and constantly scroll through the menu so it doesn't disappear on me and I can read it. Very annoying!

Also, the on screen menu appears cut off as you can see in the picture. When you press forward or back and it skips the video, that message on the screen also gets cut off at the bottom.

I did the bug report but it wouldn't let me upload log.txt.gz the rest of the files are attached.

Anyone know how to fix this?

TiVo 4k stick
    Android TV v9
    MX player 1.31.3 (latest in playstore)