• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods SubUI-Mirror - Mirror content to the cover screen (while the phone is open)

Search This thread

CarudiBu

Aug 29, 2021
Geneva, Switzerland
A WIP app for mirroring content from the main screen to the cover screen. Root or app uninstalls NOT needed. Could be useful for something similar to the main camera app's cover screen preview functionality but for 3rd party apps? If you have any ideas for more useful cover screen apps or run into any issues with this app, let me know! Have fun :)

Screenshot_20210916-182644_SubUI-mirror.jpg

Download:

More info + source code:

[email protected]

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
@CarudiBu
nice, but I noticed the refresh rate goes back to 60Hz when enabling this, would it be possible to have some sort of auto mode so I choose what apps will start the external display?

for example in my case I want to use it with Gcam when taking selfies with the rear camera as the front camera don't work with Gcam, would it be possible to have it working when closing the phone to take the picture? I guess not? thank you

Last edited:

CarudiBu

Aug 29, 2021
Geneva, Switzerland
Sure, I'll work on adding an option to automatically start streaming when certain apps are opened. I can probably fix the refresh rate issue as well. I'll release an update this weekend.

I'm working on adding touch mirroring support as well, and once that's done, I'll be able to tell whether it will be possible to unlock and use the phone from the cover screen while it is closed (e.g. to open Gcam and take a photo) - I'm not yet sure whether that will be possible though.

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
Sure, I'll work on adding an option to automatically start streaming when certain apps are opened. I can probably fix the refresh rate issue as well. I'll release an update this weekend.

I'm working on adding touch mirroring support as well, and once that's done, I'll be able to tell whether it will be possible to unlock and use the phone from the cover screen while it is closed (e.g. to open Gcam and take a photo) - I'm not yet sure whether that will be possible though.
sounds great, thank you and good luck! Gcam is superior when it comes to faces, but can only use rear cameras unfortunately. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A WIP app for mirroring content from the main screen to the cover screen. Root or app uninstalls NOT needed. Could be useful for something similar to the main camera app's cover screen preview functionality but for 3rd party apps? If you have any ideas for more useful cover screen apps or run into any issues with this app, let me know! Have fun :)

Screenshot_20210916-182644_SubUI-mirror.jpg

Download:

More info + source code:
    If you swipe up on the share sheet, you should be able to press "Samsung Internet", which will download the file.