Success downgrade from oreo to nougat

Search This thread

t.h.i

Jul 30, 2012
so...my p10 L29 was messed up after updating to oreo. i upgrade without rebranding, after that, my version shows bla bla bla(dont remember). after searching a lot on website (almost all of them), figure out that B217 firmware is the selution.
actually B217 firmware from ff finder has just 2 files, not 3. so using HWOT8 and change the update binary(with notepad++) you need go to META-INF>com>google>android>update-binary, open update-binary with notepad and delete the line with "echo - - update_package...... update_data public. zip.
after that copy the files to hwota8 > update file and make same process like you do to update.
after that, i rebrand my l29 to c432 and now all works fine:victory:

Last edited:

MrAlez

May 5, 2013
so...my p10 L29 was messed up after updating to oreo. i upgrade without rebranding, after that, my version shows bla bla bla(dont remember). after searching a lot on website (almost all of them), figure out that B217 firmware is the selution.
actually B217 firmware from ff finder has just 2 files, not 3. so using HWOT8 and change the update binary(with notepad++) you need go to META-INF>com>google>android>update-binary, open update-binary with notepad and delete the line with "echo - - update_package...... update_data public. zip.
after that copy the files to hwota8 > update file and make same process like you do to update.
after it's that i rebrand my l29 to c432 and now all works fine:victory:

So firmware 217 Is like a rollback?, I'm gonna try and Post lateral

t.h.i

Jul 30, 2012
Do you have a locked bootloader? Ir a relocked?, also, what was your version before? cause i cant find de c432 b217 firmware
c900 B217

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180104-011307.png
    Screenshot_20180104-011307.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,291

t.h.i

Jul 30, 2012
use this command:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_android_o_mate9_a1.img
and then, fastboot reboot recovery

3D Fred

Aug 18, 2017

could you please share the update-binary, I don't find the line with notepad ++.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have pretty much the same problem but with L09. I wasn't brave enough to use HWOT8 with the image for MATE though.
    Would you mind tell what was your original region before rebranding? Did you use the C900 B217 to rollback?
    my region was c490 at the first(israel), then updated to c900.
    used B217 to downgrade
    I personnaly used HiSuite.

I was on official OREO beta, i plugged my phone to my computer, launched Hisuite, selected reinstall/update firmware option (3rd one if im right), it said it will rollback to 7.0 fw (.180), i agreed, it downloaded, then installed (phone was ON until the process was 100% on hisuite). P10 rebooted in stock recovery, installed, rebooted and boom i was back on clean NOUGAT latest firmware.
    15 min max, no fear, no risks and tricky downloads...

I now know that if i go back to OREO beta, ill be able to downgrade to nougat with HisSuite and the process is very simple.
    this guide is for people who changed there oem or don't have backup. Hisuite don't work for me or them!!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone