• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SUCCESS:: LTE Band 17 (AT&T / MVNO) working on G930v

Search This thread

CognacJack

Nov 20, 2014
Is there anyway to get band 28 working? I have been sent a 930v which has been flashed with 930f firmware as it displays 930f in settings however in download mode it reads smg930v

yettie10ff

Oct 24, 2007
For those of you planning to use this on T-mobile, I can attest that everything works, including wifi calling, volte, band 12, carrier aggregation, visual voicemail, mms, etc... Just make sure you flash the latest version

Does it not matter what your original bootloader, baseband, or firmware is?

I'm currently on the nougat beta BUILD PKC, Baseband PKC.

rduranjr82

Feb 22, 2017
Hello, All.

I've successfully completed my quest in getting my Verizon Galaxy S7 to work with AT&T's primary LTE band; Band 17.

At first I was using the PE1 firmware with root. I first used Phone INFO (for Samsung) app to access the service code 2263. On PE1, only the factory Verizon-supplied bands were showing as supported. Band 12/17 were not showing in the service menu.

I took my chances and flashed the G930U firmware (found on the AT&T S7 forum of all things) and booted the phone with my AT&T SIM card. I ran LTE Discovery and achieved profit. Band 17 was working with the same signal as the iPhone 6S the SIM card came out of.

Also, the 930U firmware completely debrands the phone, which is perfect since I'll be using it on AT&T. After I confirmed band 17 I proceeded to root using the normal method of flashing the engboot and installing the root/SuperSU package per the root instructions. I did not use the Verizon PE1 debloater/fixes .zip files to make necessary tweaks, post root. I performed the tweaks manually (wifi fix, CPU governer: interactive, and SecurityLogAgent) .. Let me know if I'm missing anything in those regards please.

The ONLY thing I can't do now is view all the LTE bands in 2263 Service Mode. I get a "RAT Selection option: is restricted".. I want to see if all LTE bands are unlocked now. If you know of another way to see all the supported LTE bands, please let me know!

I now have exactly what I was set out to accomplish and it's great. The S7 is replacing my iPhone 6S on AT&T and I will be buying a Note 7 to replace the S7 on Verizon. If/when root is achieved on the Note 7 I will do the same and replace the Note 7 on Verizon with the iPhone 7 (I cycle my personal/business phones as a guilty pleasure if you can't tell already)

Screen shots attached
Nice im a newbie i was messing w a s7 active from att following the threads n now it just loops n cant install nothing all i get is the screen when i try to run it even w the sd card other wise with software i downloaded nothing works u got any tips on how i can get it to work like urs im switching it from att to verizon thanks

goojman

Aug 14, 2010
northford,ct
Hello, All.

I've successfully completed my quest in getting my Verizon Galaxy S7 to work with AT&T's primary LTE band; Band 17.

At first I was using the PE1 firmware with root. I first used Phone INFO (for Samsung) app to access the service code 2263. On PE1, only the factory Verizon-supplied bands were showing as supported. Band 12/17 were not showing in the service menu.

I took my chances and flashed the G930U firmware (found on the AT&T S7 forum of all things) and booted the phone with my AT&T SIM card. I ran LTE Discovery and achieved profit. Band 17 was working with the same signal as the iPhone 6S the SIM card came out of.

Also, the 930U firmware completely debrands the phone, which is perfect since I'll be using it on AT&T. After I confirmed band 17 I proceeded to root using the normal method of flashing the engboot and installing the root/SuperSU package per the root instructions. I did not use the Verizon PE1 debloater/fixes .zip files to make necessary tweaks, post root. I performed the tweaks manually (wifi fix, CPU governer: interactive, and SecurityLogAgent) .. Let me know if I'm missing anything in those regards please.

The ONLY thing I can't do now is view all the LTE bands in 2263 Service Mode. I get a "RAT Selection option: is restricted".. I want to see if all LTE bands are unlocked now. If you know of another way to see all the supported LTE bands, please let me know!

I now have exactly what I was set out to accomplish and it's great. The S7 is replacing my iPhone 6S on AT&T and I will be buying a Note 7 to replace the S7 on Verizon. If/when root is achieved on the Note 7 I will do the same and replace the Note 7 on Verizon with the iPhone 7 (I cycle my personal/business phones as a guilty pleasure if you can't tell already)

Screen shots attached
I have a Verizon S7 running Nougat but using an At&t sim card. Service provider is currently At&t. Is their a way to get that bandwidth 17 to work on Nougat? Or would I have to go thru all that work to flash back to an earlier firmware? The phone is not rooted by the way. I've been using Odin to flash my firmwares because my phone won't auto update because I'm using an At&t sim. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, All.

Screen shots attached
    OP: if you haven't been able to allow the RAT selection i'd suggest this.

go to Service mode main menu (either broadcast cmd 27663368378 or app like shortcut master), 2. ue setting > 1. setting > 1. protocol > 5. sim > 4. EF_RAT Free Supporting > 1. EF rat free supporting on (select even if it shows on)> now RAT Free Support.

Then business as usual.
    Bringing this thread back to life. Im switching to tmo, from vz. My son has a vz s7. I can odin the TMO FW, and have no issues on TMO?