[ Success ] Ployer Momo7W - Clean Install Windows 10 Home with compression.

Search This thread

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
(bold): Yes, but I still don't think I've made my problem clear. Say, I manage to put the files on a stick. I then, if I got that OTG cable (actually, I tried it wit a micro-usb-to-male usb and then a female-female usb connected together, because I had that laying around, but the mouse didn't work), plug the cable into the tablet, and thus, the stick is connected. But then what? Because, as I've said numerous times by now, I *can not* give any input to the tablet as it is now (aka; I can not type nor click on anything). That's because after the upgrade, the touchscreen does not work anymore. Even if the mouse would work, I can't use the stick anymore at that point, since there's only one (micro)-usb port. If I put in the stick, I can not give the command to transfer the files anymore.

I don't know...maybe I should just try to roll it back at win8.1, but I'm not sure this will work anymore, because here too: I can't give any input to it. Maybe with a factory reset? But how to do that on a momo7w? I've read up on it, and some say 'a little hole next to the micro-SD card where you can put a pin in to reset"...but there is NO little hole there. at that area. The only 'hole' I see, is where the red led light shines through, at the other side. But I doubt it's there I need to poke with a needle in. So... how does one factory reset it?

Alternatively: you speak about special transfer software, to go from my PC to the tabled. Is there any? I'd rather try that out first.

I had this issue also, don't worry. Just because the touchscreen is unresponsive doesn't mean the device is, what you are looking at right now is a monitor.

Use Any micro usb adapter and you can get control back.

You have two options, roll back to Windows 8.1 backups and rebuild windows 8.1 from scratch (then upgrading to 10 as I did) or, try the driver packages pip referred to and try recovering.

I highly recommend the adapter I linked to, it has changed the entire way I can use the tablet! For 8 pound, and allowing both charge and usb driving it's spot on.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
pip, you seem pretty knowledgeable about the subject, maybe you can help me out.

As I've explained in my other posts; I've managed to upgrade win8.1 on my momo7w, but now *nothing* works anymore. I can't use the touchscreen to give any input, because it..well, doesn't work as it should. When I put the mom7w through the micro-usb (cable) in my main PC, it charges up, but there is no recognition of the tablet (aka, no data gets transferred). (I'm not even sure it can get data through, since it seems an usb-charge only). I've seen you adding certain drivers that may help out in this respect, but my problem now is: how do I install those drivers on my win10 momo7w, since I have NO input?

When u buy this tablet, it comes with a usb to microusb adapter.
Plug your mouse to this adapter, then plug the adapter to the microusb slot of the tablet.
Then install the drivers in the first post.

dr.makoki

Dec 1, 2015
Hello, regards from Sunny Spain.
Thanks for this great post, I am going to try the upgrade in my momo.
Just one question please, in the upgrade first step, you indicate "Full reset existing Windows 8.1". Do you mean returning to chinese language in the original windows installation??? It took me so much time to get the tablet in spanish language that it scares me returning to chinese.....

momo7wnoob

Nov 28, 2015
When u buy this tablet, it comes with a usb to microusb adapter.
Plug your mouse to this adapter, then plug the adapter to the microusb slot of the tablet.
Then install the drivers in the first post.

Well, things haven't improved since then, so to give an update: I tried to re-update the drivers, but now I,got a black screen. I think it still works (the tablet itself), since one can see a slight sign of it when touching and moving the screen... but basically you can't see squat anymore. So even with a mouse I can't do anything anymore, since there's nothing visible anymore.

I'm buying an micro-hdmi-to-hdmi adapter, and hope it's just related to (the drivers for) the screen, so I'll see what's happening on another screen.

That said, I'd prefer a complete reset first. How does one do a factory reset on this device, does anyone knows?

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
Hello, regards from Sunny Spain.
Thanks for this great post, I am going to try the upgrade in my momo.
Just one question please, in the upgrade first step, you indicate "Full reset existing Windows 8.1". Do you mean returning to chinese language in the original windows installation??? It took me so much time to get the tablet in spanish language that it scares me returning to chinese.....
Actually you dont have to. You can skip that step. But make sure you have the Windows 10 ISO in whatever language you want it to be.
When doing the in-place upgrade, selecting the option clear all data in the drive is preferred.

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
Well, things haven't improved since then, so to give an update: I tried to re-update the drivers, but now I,got a black screen. I think it still works (the tablet itself), since one can see a slight sign of it when touching and moving the screen... but basically you can't see squat anymore. So even with a mouse I can't do anything anymore, since there's nothing visible anymore.

I'm buying an micro-hdmi-to-hdmi adapter, and hope it's just related to (the drivers for) the screen, so I'll see what's happening on another screen.

That said, I'd prefer a complete reset first. How does one do a factory reset on this device, does anyone knows?
No HDMI is needed.
Do you have a keyboard, mouse and bootable Windows 10 thumbdrive connected to a usb hub and the hub is connected to the tablet?
If not, you can not progress any further.

momo7wnoob

Nov 28, 2015
No HDMI is needed.
Do you have a keyboard, mouse and bootable Windows 10 thumbdrive connected to a usb hub and the hub is connected to the tablet?
If not, you can not progress any further.

It's all been ordered.

But I *do* think hdmi is needed. I mean, you *did* read that I can not see anything anymore on my screen, right? It's all black. Even if I had a working mouse, keyboard, etc., I wouldn't know where to klick, since I can't see anything anymore.

Unless, mayhaps, one starts with a factory reset.

Which, btw, I'll ask again: do you (or anyone else) know how to do a factory reset on the momow7?

Even if you think it's not needed, please humor me. I would like to know.

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
It's all been ordered.

But I *do* think hdmi is needed. I mean, you *did* read that I can not see anything anymore on my screen, right? It's all black. Even if I had a working mouse, keyboard, etc., I wouldn't know where to klick, since I can't see anything anymore.

Unless, mayhaps, one starts with a factory reset.

Which, btw, I'll ask again: do you (or anyone else) know how to do a factory reset on the momow7?

Even if you think it's not needed, please humor me. I would like to know.
If you did not successfully install Windows 10 before and you deleted recovery partition, then you cannot restore to factory setting anymore.

Since you can see the mouse cursor means the Windows is able to boot, but not into desktop.
Connect everything, press F8 to go to safe mode.
From safe mode, boot to command prompt. Then d: , then setup.exe to load the Windows installer. Install Windows from scratch.
The 2 recovery partition at the end of the disk drive is not needed, no problem if you delete it.
BUT REMEMBER DO NOT DELETE THE FIRST 2 SMALL PARTITION (EFI and BIOS)
Once you have successfully installed Windows 10, you can do restore factory setting from within the OS, or from recovery mode, or from safe mode itself.
Windows 10 recovery do not use recovery partition anymore unlike Windows 8.1

I just reformat my tablet again for the November 1511 update with fresh install, and also installed Microsoft 2016.
With everything fully updated and compactOS applied, I still have 3gb free space.

momo7wnoob

Nov 28, 2015
If you did not successfully install Windows 10 before and you deleted recovery partition, then you cannot restore to factory setting anymore.

Since you can see the mouse cursor means the Windows is able to boot, but not into desktop.
Connect everything, press F8 to go to safe mode.
From safe mode, boot to command prompt. Then d: , then setup.exe to load the Windows installer. Install Windows from scratch.
The 2 recovery partition at the end of the disk drive is not needed, no problem if you delete it.
BUT REMEMBER DO NOT DELETE THE FIRST 2 SMALL PARTITION (EFI and BIOS)
Once you have successfully installed Windows 10, you can do restore factory setting from within the OS, or from recovery mode, or from safe mode itself.
Windows 10 recovery do not use recovery partition anymore unlike Windows 8.1

I just reformat my tablet again for the November 1511 update with fresh install, and also installed Microsoft 2016.
With everything fully updated and compactOS applied, I still have 3gb free space.

Ok, thanks, I'll try that when my stuff arrives.

But, am I right to assume you (and the other poster) mean that there is no hard reset (you know, something with the buttons, or a pin/hole, etc.) to put the momo7w into it's factory setting?

Another question regarding your explanation; I note you say win10 doesn't use the recovery partition anymore, while 8.1 does. But the OS on my momo7w is, originally, win8.1. So shouldn't I keep the recovery partition? I mean, let's say the win10 stuff for some reason doesn't work (or I don't like it), wouldn't I need that partition if I want to revert to win 8.1?

Pip_X

Mar 1, 2008
Bukit Jalil
Since Windows Mobile 2003, I dont think there's any device with OS that have this pin-hole factory reset.
Most android if you rooted and messed up the system files until cannot boot, you cannot do factory restore too, the only way is to reflash the rom.

Yes, if you want to revert to Win8.1, you might want to keep the recovery partition. However during my adventure with this tablet, restoring factory setting takes me back to Windows 10, I have no idea how to restore back to Windows 8.1
Anyway, unlike some other device, Windows 10 works so much better than Windows 8.1 on this tablet, I dont see any reason to revert back to Windows 8.1

andreunto

Feb 27, 2011
USB bios problem

Good evening and Merry Christmas to all.

I have a problem with this tablet. I accidentally disabled the usb from bios and now I have no way to turn it back because mouse and keyboard do not work obviously. Is there any way to reset the bios?

jeebob

Jul 12, 2012
I did this also, the way I recovered was to plug the USB keyboard, then boot into windows, and then access the advanced recovery, then the bios from there and you can use the keyboard to navigate to the BIOS options.

curso

Jan 2, 2016
I did this also, the way I recovered was to plug the USB keyboard, then boot into windows, and then access the advanced recovery, then the bios from there and you can use the keyboard to navigate to the BIOS options.

Have a Momo7w clone (Mediacom W700, no hdmi win10 preloaded), same problem, USB port is not working at all and there's no way to use the bios setup with the touchscreen, only the power/up/down button works.
Any Ployer BIOS update so far? Looked for it but found nothing.

curso

Jan 2, 2016
Good evening and Merry Christmas to all.

I have a problem with this tablet. I accidentally disabled the usb from bios and now I have no way to turn it back because mouse and keyboard do not work obviously. Is there any way to reset the bios?

Andreunto,
here's the solution for your problem.

1) download this file

hXXp://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/spp2v110.exe

it's a bios for another machine, you need only the flash utility.

2) Unpack the downloaded file with winrar, place the file ARSUS110.EXE on another directory, unpack only this file with Winrar. This is the most recent InsydeFlash utility that worked for me.

3) Edit the Platform.ini file in order to:
a) do not check the bios version
b) reset cmos
While editing, you can also unhide menu, choices etc... do whatever you prefer on this, if you understand what you do.

4) Place all the folder extracted from the arsus110.exe into a microsd card.

5) Open a command prompt with administrator privileges, and type

insydeflash.exe -G biosbackup.fd

your bios is dumped down to the file biosbackup.fd.

6) Once you got the bios file, start insydeflash.exe without any argument; on the window screen you can choose the bios file etc. Flash it back.
At the end of the flashing procedure, which in itself is useless, the Insydeflash utility WILL RESET THE CMOS SETTINGS (see point 3), that is the only thing you really need in order to get the tablet back as it should.

7) Restart the tablet and you're ok.

Note: if you get a newer Ployer bios file you can skip Point 5 and use the new one.

lucdeluc

Jan 11, 2016
someone has SileadTouch.fw from windows 8.1 ?

i need SileadTouch.fw from windows 8.1 ( you can find it in windows/system32/drivers) to downgrade my mediacom w700 (a clone of ployer) because i prefere windows 8.1 than w 10.
so if someone has it please give it to me ( and maybe all original drivers from 8.1)
ty very much in advance

m_r_c_g

Jan 22, 2016
I recently bought one of these off dx.com, hoping to install windows 8.1 on it and linux on a microsd card.

It came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I followed what was written in this thread to enable accessing the UEFI settings, enabling usb boot and disabling secure boot.

I spent hours trying to get this thing to boot an EFI-bootable linux live usb, but the system would not allow me to launch the damn thing, even when manually booting the drive through the "Boot from file" option.

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread already, but I figured out that the UEFI on this tablet is 32-bit, even though the cpu itself is 64-bit.

I extracted an ubuntu livecd onto a fat32 formatted usb drive (mbr partition table), with the boot flag enabled, and downloaded a bootia32.efi file that was compatible with it. I placed the file in the EFI/Boot folder on the drive, and was successfully able to boot the live disk.

I mostly want to post this for others who were googling around trying to find a way to boot something other than windows much like I was.

For now I'm going to image the drive and see what I can get running on this thing.

Reactions: mciancio

lipothp

Jan 12, 2014
Hi

New project: http://www.jide.com/en/remixos

I would like to install Android on the list next to Windows.

Tárolóról run USB (USB key)

But I simply do not get along.

I tried the program can kiírni thumb drive, but you can boot, but the beginning is already writes that system.sfs error. Can not find the file.

I tried kiírni program is named Rufus, but also because this error ....

It's clear that the system boots, but its interface is not loaded. Black in the picture, but the mouse on the screen.

Is there any ideas?

Thanks

nazaux

Mar 7, 2015
Clear CMOS momo7w

Please explain more, Clear CMOS momo7w I have the file MOMO.W71IJBMR01.FD

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After reviving the tablet, here's my (successful) attempt at installing a clean Windows 10 OS (I chose Pro version, while at it). Posting it just because it's a different (and IMHO the cleanest possible) way to do what has already been accomplished. Please note that this procedure could theoretically also apply images from any other Win 6.* operating system (even Windows 7 or Vista), and even Windows XP with some major corrections. I doubt they'd work anyway, because this tablet lacks CSM, and even if it didn't, you would end up in troubles because of the missing drivers.

DISCLAIMER: this is how I did it, but can't guarantee it will work for you. There are many things that can go wrong in such a long and complicated process (20 step!), so if you don't feel at ease with it, if you are afraid to make your tablet unbootable or if you wouldn't be able to recover it on your own in case anything fails or there's a mistake in my procedure, please stop right here. If you choose to follow these steps, do so at your own risk. I can't be held responsible for anything that may happen because of that. You have been warned.

Requirements:
    - tablet fully charged
    - development machine with an internet connection, about 10 GB free disk space, preferably running Windows 10 (version doesn't matter)
    - OTG cable
    - powered USB hub
    - USB mouse and keyboard
    - USB pendrive (at least 8 GB)
    - Rufus (here)
    - Win10PE SE (here)
    - Windows 10 x86 ISO image (use whatever version you prefer, but x64 won't work as this tablet has 32 bit UEFI, and make sure it's smaller than 4 GB - can be done with larger ISOs, but then additional steps are required)
    - WinNTSetup3 (here)
    - drivers from Trekstor SurfTab Wintron 7, which is another clone of this tablet (chipset, sensors, video, audio and others - WiFi if needed (not in my case) - touch panel)

Preparing a Windows 10 PE live OS image:
    1) extract Win10PE SE to %systemdrive%\Win10PESE (use this path, extracting to the desktop or any other folder under %systemprofile% won't work, rest assured)
    2) extract the Windows 10 iso of your choice under %systemdrive%\win10 (mounting as an ISO won't do the job, you need to extract it)
    3) start Win10PE SE by launching BuilderSE.exe, point it to where you have extracted the Windows 10 iso by clicking "Source". Leave everything else as is, or fiddle with the other settings at your own risk. Then click back on "Script"
    4) in the left hand pane, select Main configuration and choose 800x600 4:3 (to make sure nothing is displayer beyond the 600 pixel vertical resolution of our tablet)
    5) if your Windows 10 ISO has multiple editions on it, on the left hand tree jump to Images configuration, click Choose your image index and select the desired image index (again, make sure it's 32 bit, not 64), otherwise skip this step
    6) scroll down to Utils in the left hand pane, expand Extract WIM folders and launch that script by clicking Gooooo (this will extract the install.esd image with the chosen index to a temp folder on the hard drive, in a command line window)
    7) once finished, the default parameters are just fine, you can leave them as they are or customize every other aspect. Whatever you choose to do, click the Play symbol in the upper right corner. You will end up having a UEFI bootable, x86 Windows 10 PE iso in %systemdrive%\Win10PESE\[something].iso. In theory Win10PESE can already put the iso on your pendrive, but in my case I found that Rufus worked better)

Preparing the pendrive:
    8) insert the pendrive on the development machine, start Rufus, select your pendrive on the topmost dropdown menu, then click the CD icon next to the dropdown menu that reads ISO Image and select your ISO. Make sure that Partition scheme and target system type are set to MBR partition scheme for UEFI (GPT should work too, but I haven't tested) and filesystem is set to FAT32, then click start. You will end up with a nice x86 Windows 10 PE on a UEFI bootable pendrive that you can still use in a number of other situations, for data rescue from an unbootable machine for example
    9) extract WinNTSetup to the development machine and launch the x86 version (doesn't matter if your development machine is running an x64 OS, launch the 32 bit version). It will ask to download a few tools to it's own folder, let it do that (don't worry, these are mostly tools from Microsoft and won't affect the development machine anyway), and close the program when finished
    10) extract each drivers to its own folder
    11) copy the WinNTSetup folder (not the zip file, because we need the tools that it's just downloaded to its folder), the drivers from the TrekStor clone tablet you have just extracted and the Windows 10 install.esd (if you followed my steps, it should be in %systemdrive%\Win10\sources\install.esd) to the root of the pendrive

Booting the initial setup environment on the tablet:
    12) insert the OTG cable on the tablet, plug the USB hub and its power adapter, plug the keyboard, mouse and pendrive to the hub
    13) on the tablet keep VolUP pressed. Press power for 5 seconds then release it but keep VolUP still pressed. A graphical choice menu will pop up, select boot manager and select your pendrive (should be the second option). Allow Win10PE to boot
    14) when in Win10PE, format your C: drive. While at it, you can get rid of the extra partitions if you want more space, as long as you leave your EFI and system partitions intact. Personally I only had one 450 MB partition at the end of the drive, and no 5 GB recovery partition. I have deleted anything that was beyond the C: partition and it's running trouble free
    15) go to the pendrive and launch WinNTSetup. Select your Windows 10 install.esd in the first box, leave Z: (or whatever it calls that, it's an automatic procedure) as the location of the boot drive and select C: as the location of installation drive. You can optionally install to a VHD (multiple setups anyone?) but I don't recommend it.
    16) click setup, leave everything as it is in the next window (unless you know what you are doing) and let it install. You will receive a confirmation that the setup will continue on reboot. Shutdown the tablet, unplug the USB pendrive.

Windows 10 second stage setup, drivers and optimization:
    17) start the tablet. Let the setup finish, use your keyboard and mouse (touch panel not working yet)
    18) as soon as it's finished installing, replug the pendrive and install the drivers in the following order:
    - chipset, audio, video etc [reboot]
    - touch panel [reboot]
    - WiFi if necessary (check in device manager if there is a yellow exclamation marks on an unknown device) [reboot not needed, but recommended]
    19) not mandatory, but will help recover some more free disk space. Perform disk cleanup including system files, then open a command prompt (run as administrator) and execute:
    compact /compactos:always
    20) unplug everything from the USB port, plug in the charger and let it finish.

Done! :)
    Hope this helps. If that's the case, hit thanks or consider donating
    I found that it's very strange that there's no thread on XDA for this superb popular tablet.
    This tablet is the most talked about among the Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese tech nerd because of it cheap price.
    It's the cheapest Windows Tablet at USD70 shipped to whole world, and USD48 factory price.

Official site:
    http://en.ployer.cn/product-details-66.html

Spec:
    Display:
    7 inch (16:9) IPS or TN screen, Resolution: 1024*600
    Capacitive touch panel, supports 5 points multi-touch
    CPU:
    Quad-core Intel Atom Bay Trail Z3735G, Speed: up to 1.83GHz
    RAM & Memory:
    1G RAM, Built-in 16GB Memory
    Supports external Micro-SD card, 32GB Max
    System:
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing
    Wireless & Network:
    Wi-Fi: Built-in Wi-Fi Module, IEEE 802.11b/g/n
    3G: Supports external USB 3G Dongle
    Camera:
    Front camera: 0.3 MP
    Videos:
    Supports 1080P Video
    Battery:
    2,500 mAh

Picture (Windows 10 in making):
    yULyyCT.jpg

More pictures: https://www.google.com/search?q=mom...ChMI2ZXqhrSHxwIVDAOOCh3Ipgbw&biw=1366&bih=602

My goal here is to totally clean the 16GB emmc and clean / fresh install it with Windows 10 Home with compression to save space.

I will post my progress on the second post (SUCCESS!).

If any of you guys have this tablet and wanna try, I have attached the working drivers for this tablet that you can download below
    I recently bought one of these off dx.com, hoping to install windows 8.1 on it and linux on a microsd card.

It came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I followed what was written in this thread to enable accessing the UEFI settings, enabling usb boot and disabling secure boot.

I spent hours trying to get this thing to boot an EFI-bootable linux live usb, but the system would not allow me to launch the damn thing, even when manually booting the drive through the "Boot from file" option.

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread already, but I figured out that the UEFI on this tablet is 32-bit, even though the cpu itself is 64-bit.

I extracted an ubuntu livecd onto a fat32 formatted usb drive (mbr partition table), with the boot flag enabled, and downloaded a bootia32.efi file that was compatible with it. I placed the file in the EFI/Boot folder on the drive, and was successfully able to boot the live disk.

I mostly want to post this for others who were googling around trying to find a way to boot something other than windows much like I was.

For now I'm going to image the drive and see what I can get running on this thing.
    After downloading from provided link, I don't have insydeflash.exe. There's H20FFT-W.exe only and it does not accept -G switch.

Hi,
    I had the same issue.
    You can download Insydeflash from here or mirror.
    And the command is insydeflash.exe backup_rom.fd /g
    Hope that this helps others too.